International Ice Hockey Championship - hooray!!!!

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:54 am
thanks Walter - my town was host of european cup "A" pool last summer, and german team won - Cologne Dodgers (against our home team Kelteks Karlovac) - do you know if any german TV stations have baseball games on schedule? Either MLB or european baseball - cause I have a lot of german TV stations but so far I know only that Premiere has games and I can't see that one:).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 06:13 am
Well - I live just 20 miles away from Paderborn :wink:

You are correct, Premiere Sport (that's a pay tv station) has got it. (Actually showing a report just NOW Laughing )

No, I don't think, you could see more than one minute one and then on any other German tv station.

But: you can check that HERE
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 06:26 am
thanks for link - that reminds me, maybe we should press Eurosport to get some baseball games - they do have only "weird" sports after all (and baseball is still weird for Europe, no matter how much I love it)...I mean if they can have hours and hours and hours of curling, biathlon or snooker or those NASCAR tracks with 7.495 round laps that make you dizzy, maybe they can have some baseball too Smile
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 06:30 am
this year Karlovac is host of European U20 Championships, but I think Germany is not in our group - groups are made by geography, I know Austria plays here, but I think Germany plays somewhere else - I don't know how they decide european championship after it - I guess winners of both tournaments meet somewhere Smile
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 06:41 am
The other group is in Mortsel (BEL) - Germany is not taking part (that's all in the link I gave earlier :wink: ).
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:12 am
by the way, since it's pretty old topic - new world championship is starting Smile Czech Republic is host, Apr24th - May9th
0 Replies

owi

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 12:49 pm
official site:

ihwc
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:19 pm
Details:

TOURNAMENT PROGRESS
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:46 pm
so far, everything according to expectations
0 Replies

owi

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:48 pm
MyOwnUsername wrote:
so far, everything according to expectations

Austria just tied against Canada 2:2

Until the middle of perid three Austria led 2:0!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:51 pm
I knew, why you posted that link :wink:
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:52 pm
of course, two minutes after I say that everything goes as expected, Austria ties with Canada Smile
0 Replies

owi

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:54 pm
hehe, big hockey fan i am and up to now there were not many occasions to cheer at international tournaments.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:13 am
Oh, that is NOW! and nobody told me!!! i guess nobody even knows in this land of the free and home of the brave... Go Slovakia! Czechs, too!
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:18 am
well dagmaraka, USA vs Slovakia is tonight so try to find it on some channel - I think game starts in about four hours...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:21 am
<gulp>, i guess i will have to resort to internet. no channel has it here in boston, well, maybe if i had a cable or a sattelite. but the iihc web page updates results quickly, thanks for the heads up!!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:43 am
Dear Dagmar!

No-one here posted those links that you support the wrong teams.

So, no "HOŠI DĚKUJEME!" but "Deutschland vor, noch ein Tor!" (And because perhaps otherwise owi will leave this site again - alternatively 'Germany' may be changed to 'Austria'.)

:wink:

You might like THIS SITE perhaps even better :wink:
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 03:10 pm
HOW do you find all these things, Walter? Btw, Slovakia:USA = 3:3 We tied, good enough.
Dakujeme, chlapci.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:36 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Dear Dagmar!

No-one here posted those links that you support the wrong teams.

So, no "HOŠI DĚKUJEME!" but "Deutschland vor, noch ein Tor!" (And because perhaps otherwise owi will leave this site again - alternatively 'Germany' may be changed to 'Austria'.)

:wink:

Hey! I support Slovakia too Exclamation Smile After all, new slovakian president is Croat by origin Cool
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 06:41 am
yes, that is a good thing, and that is also where his good qualities end, unfortunately.. he is involved in a case of kidnapping and a dozen of corruption scandals... used to be a rampant nationalist and a populist. i have the 'pleasure' to know him personally, he is a disgusting slime-ball... so much for my national pride...
0 Replies