Opening Day

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 08:54 am
D'art wrote:
The Red Sox have a good chance of making hay this weekend. My Braves have been hopeless of late...

hay now Mr. Green
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:11 pm
There are times I hate being right...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:14 pm
sawx needed that after getting swept away in the metrodome baggie...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 06:22 pm
Good news. I'll see the Crew twice in the next two weeks. Making another foray to Chicago's North Side again, looking for apartments, will stop by Wrigley in the third inning to get cheap seats. Then on to Milwaukee to visit family on the 4th, and to see a game at Miller Park. Yesssss.

Midseason prediction: Cardinals v. Detroit in the World Series. I'll say Ozzie Guillen loses his **** before the end of the season, giving the Tigers the AL advantage.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 03:40 pm
RP's midseason prediction --

sawx vs mets II
"20 years later... this time its personal"
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 06:01 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Good news. I'll see the Crew twice in the next two weeks. Making another foray to Chicago's North Side again, looking for apartments, will stop by Wrigley in the third inning to get cheap seats. Then on to Milwaukee to visit family on the 4th, and to see a game at Miller Park. Yesssss.

Midseason prediction: Cardinals v. Detroit in the World Series. I'll say Ozzie Guillen loses his **** before the end of the season, giving the Tigers the AL advantage.

You're moving to Chicago? That's awesome...I love that city.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 07:12 pm
did anyone catch the clip of that minor league manager who went ballistic?

funny ****...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/more/06/26/manager.ejection.ap/index.html
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 09:54 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Gargamel wrote:

You're moving to Chicago? That's awesome...I love that city.

Yup. Having just finished the 20th grade, sadly it is time to leave school behind and slave for the man, eternally.

But I am psyched about returning to civilization, you know, to a real city, that has STUFF, like good bands and crime.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 10:51 pm
I gotta say...Willie Randolph really screwed up tonight. He left a rookie pitcher in wayyyyy too long and embarrassed the team. It was pointless. I predict the mets will soon start to falter
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 12:13 pm
The Mets are slumping, but they have a huge lead. It will take a major collapse for them to drop out of first. The Braves have shown signs of life, but Chipper's injured (again) and the bullpen is beyond redemption...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 02:03 pm
panzade wrote:
I gotta say...Willie Randolph really screwed up tonight. He left a rookie pitcher in wayyyyy too long and embarrassed the team. It was pointless.

his original first choice outta the pen was oliver, who was unavailable because he's filling for a sore-hipped pedro tonight.

but i agree -- soler looked like a deer caught in the headlights last night.
they should dump him, or trade for another pitcher.

even jose lima competed better than that..

Quote:
I predict the mets will soon start to falter

even if they do, they're still the cream of the crap in the NL Least!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:30 pm
Soler is a rookie...right off the raft.Randolph needs to baby him...not leave him in to get bombed
Also, soler needs to learn defense
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 10:52 am
i got me a hunch -- roger clemens will be in a red sawx uniform by next week...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 11:28 am
No way in hell.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 07:44 pm
he didn't unretire to play for a mediocre, weak-hitting team.
the astros suck, and to date haven't tried to improve (unless you count aubrey huff... i sure don't).

miguel tejeda was mentioned as a possible acquisition, but the astros GM doesn't want him.

i can't see a shoe-in hall of famer -- one who's making ridiculous $$ at age 44 -- playing out the string, losing games 2-0 because his team can't hit for ****.

it doesn't make sense for him to stay put.
by next monday, he'll either be wearing red sawx or blue pinstripes...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 08:39 pm
It may not make sense to HIM to play for a team that's not going to win, but what are the Red Sox going to give up to rent him for the season's remainder? They're not going to "mortgage the farm," as Theo's already said. It would be stupid to trade prospects for Clemens for less than half the season.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:20 am
don't you think epstein wants a 3rd reliable starter for the stretch run?
if he doesn't then he must be on crack!

they could dump the bullpen baggage (tavarez and seanez), an outfielder (nixon or pena), maybe throw in a prospect (pedroia?), and ca$h.

clemen's next start is sunday -- the day before the deadline...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:37 am
Nobody's even mentioning Clemen's name for any trade rumors, at least certainly not within Boston's media. I highly doubt Houston's going to trade him, and I would think one of Roger's stipulations about finishing his career there was that he didn't want to be traded. But who knows.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 11:29 am
Today is opening day for the NFL. At least training camp opened.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 04:14 pm
the trade deadline has come and gone this year without a blockbuster.
weird...
0 Replies