Opening Day

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:25 am
http://www.partymob.com/media/colourani/270012.gif

si.com wrote:
At 4 hours, 45 minutes, the nightcap was the longest nine-inning game in major league history, and it came on top of a relatively speedy 3:55 afternoon contest.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 08:16 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
... I predict this is the beginning of the end for the Tigers.

Is it to late to take this back? Embarrassed ?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 07:31 am
Marlins win eighth straight...two back of Cincy in wild card race..yowzahh Laughing

http://www.celebopedia.com/florida-marlins/images/florida-marlins.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 10:00 am
i heard marlin mgmt hasn't decided on keeping girardi next year.
wazzup with that?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 12:12 pm
Girardi gone by the end of the day
Region Philbis wrote:
i heard marlin mgmt hasn't decided on keeping girardi next year.
wazzup with that?

Girardi is a top notch manager. His record and management of their pitching staff has been top flight.

I just heard on cable sports talk show that Girardi will be let go before the end of the day. Marlin's ownership dismantle another winner. If this is the case (seems to be), Dusty Baker will be canned in Chicago, thus making room for Girardi there.

You heard it here
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 12:29 pm
panzade wrote:
Marlins win eighth straight...two back of Cincy in wild card race..yowzahh Laughing

http://www.celebopedia.com/florida-marlins/images/florida-marlins.jpg

Yeah, and give the Brewers some credit for that--Milwaukee is a joke on the road, possibly the worst road team in baseball.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 01:25 pm
More info on Girardi and the Marlins
"Joe Girardi has guided the Marlins into suprising Wild Card contention even though the team has the lowest payroll in Major League Baseball at approximately $14 million for 2006. Even with the success Joe Girardi has seen in his first year as manager of the Marlins he was nearly fired in early August when he got into a vocal (and visible) argument with Marlin owner, Jeffrey Loria. Although the Marlins have said the argument is over with, speculation remains that Loria and Girardi dislike one another. This as lead to wide speculation Girardi will be allowed to interview for the Chicago Cub manager vacancy after the 2006 season, following the likely departure of current Cub manager, Dusty Baker."
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 01:47 pm
Quote:
he was nearly fired in early August when he got into a vocal (and visible) argument with Marlin owner, Jeffrey Loria.

a rookie mistake that, if he's smart, he won't make again at his next gig...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 02:43 pm
not that it justifies anything, but Loria's a world-class a-hole
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 11:02 pm
The Brewers are now on a seven game skid, vanquishing all hope of a late season run for the NL wild card.

Your team ever get so bad, you start HOPING they'll keep the losing streak alive? That's where I am at now. I want to watch the fire blow out of control.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 05:33 am
all over but the crying
It could be worse. You could be a Red Sox fan. How about all the regulars of your team being on the DL or just palin imploding? Oh yes, it's September.

On a slightly different note. Does anyone now think Catcher Jason Varitek WASN'T the heart and soul of this team?
0 Replies