CHENEY ADMITS OSAMA HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9-11

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 05:06 am
Quote:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/images/header3/home_off_r4_c3.jpg

For Immediate Release
March 29, 2006

Q I want to be clear because I've heard you say this, and I've heard the President say it, but I want you to say it for my listeners, which is that the White House has never argued that Saddam was directly involved in September 11th, correct?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: That's correct. We had one report early on from another intelligence service that suggested that the lead hijacker, Mohamed Atta, had met with Iraqi intelligence officials in Prague, Czechoslovakia. And that reporting waxed and waned where the degree of confidence in it, and so forth, has been pretty well knocked down now at this stage, that that meeting ever took place. So we've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden [sic] was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming. But there -- that's a separate proposition from the question of whether or not there was some kind of a relationship between the Iraqi government, Iraqi intelligence services and the al Qaeda organization.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/03/20060329-2.html

Please pass this message on to everyone you know. thanks Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 528 • Replies: 13
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:23 am
Re: CHENEY ADMITS OSAMA HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9-11
freedom4free wrote:
Quote:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/images/header3/home_off_r4_c3.jpg

..... So we've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden [sic] was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming. But there -- that's a separate proposition from the question of whether or not there was some kind of a relationship between the Iraqi government, Iraqi intelligence services and the al Qaeda organization.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/03/20060329-2.html

Huh? Confused

No evidence of Osama bin Laden's involvement in 9/11?

No WMDs found in Iraq.

Then why the hell invade Afghanistan, then Iraq?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:28 am
Lol! It was Cheney doing a Bush...he meant Saddam Hussein.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:28 am
Although i am not entirely certain that F4F is having you on, My Dear Ukrainian Witch, keep in mind today's date.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:31 am
I thought it was an April fools joke.

On his claims about democrats as usual he is untruthful.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200603310001

(Sorry for getting off topic and there is no need for anyone to respond, but if my posting the Imus quotes concerning Caroll had anything to do with getting it locked up, my apologies)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:44 am
Setanta wrote:
Although i am not entirely certain that F4F is having you on, My Dear Ukrainian Witch, keep in mind today's date.

Oh! Surprised
Well, Setanta, in that case, I blame my gullibility on feebleness induced by sickness (cough, cough, splutter!) & also the extreme unpredictability of Mr Cheney's (& company) constantly changing explanations for their dirty doings!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:05 am
Certainly no great credence is ever to be placed in that pack of theives.

I do hope you will be well soon, Dear Miss Olga, i command you to take good care of yourself.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:11 am
Thank you, doggy person. I will do my best. Though I'm totally shocked at a having a cold in April. April!! Dammit!

And yes, nothing they say would surprise me! Terrible isn't it? Leaders of "the free world" & all that ......?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:12 am
But isn't April your "October?" Are you not now drifting into winter?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:16 am
It's now our early Autumn, Set. The melancholy end of summer & all that. <sigh> Yep, winter to look forward to now. And I hate, hate, hate winter!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:19 am
I don't think it was an April fools joke. I thought it was until I clicked on the link. Later Snow corrected him.

Quote:
Q Okay. A couple of things, I think a couple of minutes ago -- I want to make sure -- you said Osama bin Laden wasn't involved in 9/11 planning. You meant Saddam Hussein, correct? That Saddam Hussein was not involved in September 11th?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Correct. Yes, sir.

Q Okay.

THE PRESIDENT CHENEY: Thanks for straightening that out. I didn't realize I'd done that. (Laughter.)

Q Yes. Well, otherwise we'd have a whole lot more stories to deal with.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Oh, yes. All right. Well, I appreciate it.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:22 am
It's always refreshing when a slip of the tongue reveals the truth.

Either that or he doesn't know the difference between Saddam and Bin-Forgotten.

Remember

Rumsfeld said : 9-11 plane
'shot down' in Pennsylvania

These people don't know, 'how' 'who' 'where' 'what' 'when' and 'why'

One thing they wont forget is how much dollars they have in their bank account.

Smile
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:53 am
The head of Al Qaeda was probably involved in an Al Qaeda operation of that magnitude. Furthermore, there is the ubiquitous captured tape of the sucess being reported to OBL.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 04:47 pm
I have been scratching my head trying to figure out your meaning since I saw this post yesterday. Are you referring to the Iraqi tapes?

I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up about these tapes when the credibility of the tapes are not certain by any means.

Quote:
t]he US Government has made no determination regarding the authenticity of the documents, validity or factual accuracy of the information contained therein, or the quality of any translations, when available."

It further goes on to say (In addition to a whole lot of stuff previously)

Quote:
A March 28 New York Times article quoted unnamed U.S. intelligence sources regarding the document release:

"Our view is there's nothing in here that changes what we know today," said a senior intelligence official, who would discuss the program only on condition of anonymity because the director of national intelligence, John D. Negroponte, directed his staff to avoid public debates over the documents. "There is no smoking gun on W.M.D., Al Qaeda, those kinds of issues."

All the documents ... have received at least a quick review by Arabic linguists and do not alter the government's official stance, officials say. On some tapes already released, in fact, Mr. Hussein expressed frustration that he did not have unconventional weapons.

[...]

In addition, the intelligence official said, known forgeries are not posted. He said the database included "a fair amount of forgeries," sold by Iraqi hustlers or concocted by Iraqis opposed to Mr. Hussein.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200603290011
0 Replies