President assures Public Everything is Great.

NickFun

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 03:38 pm
Written by NickFun

President Bush held a press conference this afternoon to tell the American people that there are no problems and everything is just fine despite assertions in the media to the contrary.

"I stand here before the American people to tell you there is nothing wrong. Everything is great. There are no problems", Bush stated at the start of the press conference.

John Stafford of the Miami Post asked the President about the Iraq war. Bush replied, "that's the best war we've ever had. Everything is going so well I wouldn't even call it a war. Everyone loves us over there. Ask Tony Blair. He'll tell ya the same thing".

When questioned after the interview Blair responded, "ah yes. Pip pip. Everything is fine. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm late for a meeting with the British Tea Council. Dear, do we have any more Earl Gray?"

Science writer Paul Flemming quizzed the President on Global Warming. Bush replied, "Do you think global warming is a problem? We've had one of the nicest winters in history and you people are complaining? I can come and go from the White House without a jacket in the middle of January and no one has to shovel my limo out. Global warming is the best thing that ever happened to this country".

One reporter asked Bush about the escalating crisis in Afghanistan. Bush dismissed the question by stating, "c'mon. Ask me something important".

Bush further elaborated that the economy could not be better and everyone is making lots of money. "As far as I can see everyone in the country is happy", Bush said among peals of laughter from the news media. "You see? These people are laughing".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 778 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 03:40 pm
I am so relieved. Guess i'll go make something special for dinner now.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 03:41 pm
Somehow, me thinks this is not far from the realm of possibilities...
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 03:43 pm
Who knew?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 03:45 pm
Nick, that is one great piece of political satire. Love it, buddy.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 03:26 pm
Great? For whom?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 03:27 pm
I guess plainoldme is a Bush supporter. Thanks Letty. I got an email coming to ya by the way.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 03:36 pm
NickFun wrote:
I guess plainoldme is a Bush supporter. Thanks Letty. I got an email coming to ya by the way.

Huh?
0 Replies