KiwiChic

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:13 pm
just for future reference-for any people wanting to visit down here to NZ...even though on the plane prior to landing the flight crew may give you an apple, leave it on the plane..its an instant $200.00 fine if you bring any fruit into this country and customs here dont care if you are elderly, blind or a spastic...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:16 pm
Please come back and report on this... Amigo may be right, would be nice.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:38 pm
Right on, Amigo. Somebody gives me 70 pounds of frozen, I ain't never gonna forget them.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:51 pm
roger wrote:
Right on, Amigo. Somebody gives me 70 pounds of frozen, I ain't never gonna forget them.
Of course when he gets there it could turn out to be a giant thawed out bag of rotting fish and the only thing people will remember is the American that smelled like fish and wanted to borrow everybodys clothes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:56 pm
We don't have enough info. Maybe father is a keen fisherman and knowledgeable in the ways of fresh fish preservation. I'm guessing he has a weakness re preservation.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:02 pm
Or... look at this as a way to get all new clothes from Italy, fun in itself, even from street markets.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:04 pm
jacambece, are you still with us? We don't mean to be mean....
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:06 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Or... look at this as a way to get all new clothes from Italy, fun in itself, even from street markets.
Italian clothes for rotten fish???Where do I sighn up.

Maybe the dad is chevy chase. Laughing Thats a good one!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:06 pm
One thing, jacambece, is that we don't know where you are flying from. Maybe it's an hour flight - when I go there, a day or more goes by.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:10 pm
(Trying to remember if I've bought clothes from a streetmarket, and if they were from italy... I guess I haven't. Glasses, and a door knocker(!) and a gym bag... but not clothes.)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:20 pm
You know, Now that I think about this thread and read it again.

What the hell does your dad need to take 70 pound fish half way around the world for????

12 suite casses!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, your going to be face to face with homeland security,12 suite casses and 70 pounds of rotting raw fish while you watch your flight take off.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:22 pm
Who knows, Amigo, but it makes sense to inquire if it's ok.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:27 pm
Hi ossobucco. Hey look, the crazy people from L.A. chased everybody away. Smile
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:29 am
We once had an American teacher stay with us, and she brought various gifts, including Heinz tomato ketchup!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:51 am
ketchup?

Well, hell, that's not from LA....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:54 am
(g'night, all)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 07:16 am
Here, I caught you a delicious bass.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 07:22 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
We once had an American teacher stay with us, and she brought various gifts, including Heinz tomato ketchup!

hold on, I'm reading a book set in 1970's England....they have heinz ketchup on the table at every meal....ask for it by name.

If I came to England, I would bring you a gift of Catsup...so much more refined.

Oh, and a box of moon pies and 12 pack of RC cola.

Tomato ketchup? What as opposed to fish kethup?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:51 am
KiwiChic wrote:
just for future reference-for any people wanting to visit down here to NZ...even though on the plane prior to landing the flight crew may give you an apple, leave it on the plane..its an instant $200.00 fine if you bring any fruit into this country and customs here dont care if you are elderly, blind or a spastic...

What about fish? :wink:
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:56 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

hold on, I'm reading a book set in 1970's England....they have heinz ketchup on the table at every meal....ask for it by name.

If I came to England, I would bring you a gift of Catsup...so much more refined.

Oh, and a box of moon pies and 12 pack of RC cola.

Tomato ketchup? What as opposed to fish kethup?

Bugger the moon pies!
If you came to stay at my place, all you would need to bring is a negligee and some furry handcuffs.

Oh, and something for YOU to wear.
0 Replies