Libertarian party.

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 02:43 am
I would like to know if there are any Libertarians in here. I share many of their views, but not all.

I would eat broken glass before I vote Democratic of Green (shudder), but I might as well, because if Bush is a Conservative then I am Britney Spears.

However, I feel Libertarians are too spread in their veiws, for example, while the official line was against the war in Iraq, there was, and who knows, maybe still is a www.libertariansforbush.com website where there were some Libertarians that supported that particular action of the President.

There is too much of a negative stigma of the Libertrarians. They're all atheists/anarchists/extremists and they just want to legalize crack, whores and crackwhores :wink:

I seriously believe that running Badnarick in 04 was a huge waste of company resources, while a golden opportunity in CA to become a very first Libertarian governor was ruined, with no another opportunity like that in site, may be ever.

I am Conservative on social issues, unlike the LP, yet this party rubs shoulders alarmingly too much with ultraleft like Greens, Voices for Peace, GLAAD, NOW and others. The party is too uniform and is trying to pass gay marriage amendment in Bible Belt states, and at the same time want to kill all of the social freebie programs in a liberal CA.

these are but a few problems with it.

I am concerned. I am not waiting for another "good Republican" to save us in 08. I am a disenchanted Conservative jumping GOP ship. Yet Libertarian party is too thinly spread, and too disorganized, and quite frankly, too poor to offer any serious force in elections.

What can I and you and we do to get people of all persuasions, all religious views (I can't understand why Christians wouldn't vote Libertarian when there are federally funded abortion programs, that were never cancelled by either of THE BIG 2), all political inclinations, except for most extreme (White Aryan Resistance) to take LP seriously?

Input is appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 602 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:01 am
I consider myself a libertarian, but with a small "l". I refuse to hew to any party line. Basically, I am ultra conservative economically, and ultra liberal socially. I am not especially "green", although I do believe that common sense needs to be used with regards to the environment.

I think that it was important to go into Iraq, and not because of any supposed WMDS. It is to our country's benefit that we have a stable middle east. I think though, that the administration did not think past their noses when they went into the war, and the military is paying for that now, with lives that never should have been sacrificed.

Bottom line, I believe in small government whose main purpose is the security of its citizens. I also believe that a government needs to keep their noses out of a citizen's private business.

So, although we both characterize ourselves as libertarians, I think that there are major differences in our political stances.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:46 am
A Libertarian party would be one heckuva party, though....
0 Replies

suka75038

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 05:24 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I consider myself a libertarian, but with a small "l". I refuse to hew to any party line.

I am the same way, I associate with Libertarians when their views match mine, but shun them when they promote something revolting.

Phoenix32890 wrote:
Basically, I am ultra conservative economically, and ultra liberal socially. I am not especially "green"....

then why the color lol Laughing Very Happy Smile

Phoenix32890 wrote:
although I do believe that common sense needs to be used with regards to the environment.

Bottom line, I believe in small government whose main purpose is the security of its citizens. I also believe that a government needs to keep their noses out of a citizen's private business.

So, although we both characterize ourselves as libertarians, I think that there are major differences in our political stances.[/color][/b]

And that is fine, but I feel that we both could sacirfice a couple of our beliefs for the common good. Again, I tell everyone I know about Libertarians, yet somehow I feel they need to seriously overhaul what they're doing.
0 Replies