How did you come to know about this site?

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 08:27 am
And we're glad you're here. Josephine. And you, too, Inherent Vice.
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:15 pm
Eat, drink, and be Merry Andrew.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 07:30 pm
Josephine wrote:
I found this site in an article called "Looking for Answers Online" in the magazine "Good Times" - and I am glad I came here to check it out!

What did the magazine say about this site? Now I'm curious.
0 Replies

Josephine

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 08:48 pm
General
Hello, Craven deK:
I will quote from the magazine article: "www.able2know...." is a free 'knowledge exchange'. This is a moderated site that counts on the expertise of volunteers to answer questions. The site's menu of topics is quite diverse. For example, their Other Languages link would be ideal for those planning to vacation in a foreign country. Or try the Fun & Games section, the perfect place to post your verbal brainteasers. A feature of note is the Debate link, where you can participate in ongoing discussions from Philosophy to Religion. Don't miss their Aging link for some interesting age-related postings."
The reason they mention the latter is because the magazine is directed towards those in retirement.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 08:50 pm
Interesting, that's the first mention of A2K in a hardcopy publication that I am aware of. Thanks for letting us know.
0 Replies

Josephine

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 11:18 pm
You're most welcome! The magazine mentioned, by the way, is a Canadian publication.
0 Replies

kharma

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 03:55 pm
Hi:)
I was looking for a countdown code and somehow stumbled across and into here:) But it looks like an interesting place, so I hope to find some time to poke around and check it out:)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 03:57 pm
kharma,

If you sare still looking for the code ask on the web development forum here and I'll get it to ya.

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 04:00 pm
Welcome aboard everyone :-D
0 Replies

Mari

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 08:35 pm
I was looking for a forum and came across this one. I like what I have read so far! Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 08:35 pm
There are a few Torontonians here, too, Boss . . .
0 Replies

Mari

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 10:16 pm
Setanta wrote:
There are a few Torontonians here, too, Boss . . .

Yup! Born and bred Smile
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 10:27 pm
I came here by way of abuzz, via the realm.
I think I got an invite to the realm after the moderators left abuzz, soo long ago.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 08:04 am
I was looking for the Iowa Cucas Site in Google, and I accidently found this forum. Laughing (occ: I'm not a Democrat.)
0 Replies

Laptoploon

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 04:44 am
I got here via Google, for the life of me I can't remember what it was I was actually looking for, but anyhoo I pitched up here so all's well that ends well.
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 05:34 am
Re: How did you come to know about this site?
Good Mornin'! :wink: I came upon this site this mornin' after seein' it listed in my "Favorites" Folder, & when I got here, looked around, scanned over some posts, I thought, "This is the place for ME"! Smile Back in the year 2000, (Feb.28th. to be exact), I logged onto the World Wide Web for the 1st. time... That alone seems to be surreal, for I never dreamed in a million yrs. that I would learn as much as what I have over this soon to be 4 yrs., but I've enjoyed it all. Some of the things I've learned have been a tremendous help, some have been a pain in the "patoot"! LOL However, there have been times that I wished I didn't know some of the things that I do about the Web, but all in all, lookin' back over the yrs., it's been fun, educational, & I've met some great Folks from all around the World! I now have my own Website, (which I cannot & will not, make reference to here, for I read the rules! LOL) :wink: , but that alone has been a tremendous accomplishment for me, & rewarding as well, just not monetarily, for it's all free. LOL Confused Hmmmm, wonder what's up w/that? I reckon I'm a givin' type of person, & the reward, well, it's knowing my Members are happy! (Last account I had of that, they are! LOL) At any rate, my name's Patt, (yes, that's 2 t's...), & you Folks may remember a Site called AskMe.com... That's where I got my start to answerin' people's requests of knowledge in certain fields & areas. I loved it, & ranked right up there w/the best of 'em! <Patt's tootin' her horn here just a tad>... LOL But, this mornin' when I came upon this Site, I thought: "Well, what have I got to lose"? So here I am... Last night, my Hubby was on for quite awhile, & this mornin' I checked his pretty cool Bookmarks, & this was 1 of them! I now see why he Bookmarked it! Thanks so much for the welcome email, & I hope to make some friends here as well... Take care all, & have a grand weekend! :wink:
Respectfully Posted,
Patt
User I.D.: PegasusPatt
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 08:26 am
Welcome! :-D
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 10:00 am
<Sitting in Toronto, remembering askme.com>

Good to see so many new members with a wide range of interests!
0 Replies

max

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 10:35 am
Smile Mac and Raggedy invited me.
0 Replies

Barbarian

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 02:40 am
How I found your site.
[QUOTE][CODE] Embarrassed Shocked Idea Cool Question
Can you see how much fun I am having? This is all very new to me. I learned of this site thru an old Abuzz buddy. I understand that your participants are quite intelligent, and that most of the subjects discussed are most interesting. So, I hope I fit in.
Thank you.
0 Replies