Wine Recomendations Please

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 10:02 am
I'm not much of a drinker, but I do entertain friends who are. What's a really good white wine in the $50 - $100 a bottle range? I don't care what the country of origin is. Also, it should be available enough that I can find a couple of bottles. Thanks in advance for your advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,605 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 10:09 am
A really good one is Pulligny Montrachet. Its a burgundy and B&G has one in that price range. I dont drink anymore but when youre finished with it let me know .
Im assuming that this is with ameal.
Youll drink maybe 2 bottles with 4 people, so they have "liquor Barns" in Fla. dont they?

Another , but sweeter is a Grand Crus Sauterne. (you have to like slightly sweeter wines)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 10:13 am
My favorite is Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio. Runs about $30 a bottle, which is a little less than you were asking but.....

Little sweeter than a lot of pinots but it's fabulous.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 10:14 am
farmerman wrote:
A really good one is Pulligny Montrachet. Its a burgundy and B&G has one in that price range. I dont drink anymore but when youre finished with it let me know .
Im assuming that this is with ameal.
Youll drink maybe 2 bottles with 4 people, so they have "liquor Barns" in Fla. dont they?

Another , but sweeter is a Grand Crus Sauterne. (you have to like slightly sweeter wines)

Thanks. Google shows more info. about the former recommendation than the latter. I appreciate the information. There's a store here called "Total Wine" that will probably have it. My wife and I barely drink, but when entertaining, we like to try to see that people have food and drink that they will enjoy.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 10:15 am
Bella Dea wrote:
My favorite is Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio. Runs about $30 a bottle, which is a little less than you were asking but.....

Little sweeter than a lot of pinots but it's fabulous.

Thanks, perhaps it would be good with dessert. I can't tell much based on my own taste, because I don't like any alcohol very much. I will certainly check it out.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 10:21 am
well a Grand Cru Sauterne would be a Chateau Yqem . Its more a dessert thing. And Ive only drunk it about 2 times in my life but I can remember both times. Its really great.

The Pulligny Montrachet is very full bodied and has a tremedous presence with almost any meal. We served it with lamb and chicken and duck and pork.
Theres a lighter version called Chassagne Montrachet (its like the other side of the hill). These are all estate bottled and so are among the more pricey wines but , the Montrachet, like a great champagne was always a special occasion wine.
0 Replies