'Squeezable' Skippy

dlowan

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 08:24 am
Blush - I like those little jelly beans with flavours like peanut butter and coconut and real fruit and such. The speckled ones.

can't squeeze 'em though, so I am off thread

we get herbs in a sort of gel that you can squeeze - keep 'em in the freezer

they are mainly squished herb - but there has to be other stuff in there - lord knows what
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 08:27 am
My MOTHER used to make fruit leather... it was wonderful.

She cooked down the fruit, usually pears or apples, sometimes with blackberries, and smeared the paste onto a piece of saran wrap and left these in her home dryer for a couple of days. On an island near home is a natural fruit leather producer, Stretch Island. They do a similar product, but much thicker. Hers were thick & thin, very delicate and all natural but tangy. No sugar. No pesticides. Just ripe fruit that needed to be processed.

<Remember when people had little food drying boxes?>

I didn't like the colored catsups but we had some that had funny sayings on them.. "Squeeze Me"

http://www.heinz.com/images/sskpopup_07.gif
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 08:33 am
Hey, Rae and all.

I luvs plain old all natural peanut butter. So what if you have to stir it up every time. There's nothing in it but peanuts. When we were kids, we use to call it chokeum butter Laughing

Still love a peanut butter and banana sandwich with a little dab of mayo to alleviate the "choke" stuff. Razz
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 08:35 am
Mmm...proper oven-dried fruits are fantastic, and way better for kids as treats than commercial crap...a food dehydrater makes things way quicker, but with some patience, and a sharp mandoline, the oven-dried approach works very well indeed. Went to a wine tasting at a friend's and she dehydrates fruit...she served up some banana chips that were out of this world, and no added sugar! My first thought was: "Chocolate creme brulee, with one of these chips stuck in just before the caramel sets as a garnish."
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 08:45 am
ehbeth ~ half-set cement.....roflmao Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 11:34 am
Back packers take notice--tuna now comes in a sealed pouch--for a bit more money than the old fashioned-can costs. Not only is the pouch lighter than the can, it has fewer inconvenient edges.

As for Squeeze-It-Skippy. Is the idea to make it easier for little children to make sandwiches--or to make little children less inconvenient for their parents?

Sticking a knife into a jar of peanut butter and spreading the peanut butter on bread isn't terribly complicated, but it is a survival skill.

"Apply gently or you'll tear the bread" is a Fact of Life, applicable to more situations that peanut butter.

As for Squeeze-It-Skippy being an addition to the young artist's Decorate With Condiments palette....ugh.

We are an obese nation--adults and kids--and we're lining up to buy Food Is Fun items. The times are out of joint.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 11:35 am
Well said, Noddy!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 11:39 am
Here here Noddy....another thought: Why should food be 'fun'? I don't recall children ever having a problem playing with proper food...
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 11:54 am
I remember the "magic Shell" in the bottle, you put it on cold fruit or icecream and it hardens into a shell.

And the "Google" was a brand of peterpan peanut butter and Smuckers jelly, they had grape, apple and Strawberry. It was all swirled together.

I also remember my mom trying the jars of peanut butter and fudge sauce, or P.B and Butterscotch sauce all swirled together. It was ok on celery but i didn't care for it in a sandwich.. waaaay too rich! She ended up useing it up in cookies. It made great peanutbutter cookies though!
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 11:59 am
Oh, about the fruit leather, I make it now a days.. a toaster oven set to low heat drys it out really well. My kids use it for Speech Therapy. I works wonders for oral/motor controle and work out oral defensiveness. His ST and his "Head Start" use it as well, however they have to buy the "rollups". Since its a federal proggie, they can't use anything home made in the classrooms, nix my donation of Fruit Leather for Speech services!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 12:07 pm
mmmmmmmmm playing with mashed potatoes and gravy

who needs squeeze condiments? not me
(though i do have squeeze mustard with sweet onion by someone - they didn't offer it in a regular bottle)
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 12:11 pm
Being able to squeeze the peanut butter out, gives the fingers an erotic sensation. Freud:: Are you listening? Shocked
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 02:49 pm
Do you suppose that squeezable Skippy would stick to slice apples better than conventional peanut butter?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 02:51 pm
Do you suppose squeezable Skippy would do a better job of sticking to sliced apples? This little chore is not without challenge, Noddy.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 02:52 pm
Well, okay. I'm easily challenged. On the other hand, I'm not hard to entertain.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 03:23 pm
I have to have my banana and peanut butter, but I think I'll stick with the knife in the jar. Apples and peanut butter.....mmmmm!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 03:27 pm
Goes best with a crisp, somewhat tart apple, like the Granny Smith, Rae.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 03:31 pm
I like Golden Delicious apples.....and I'm not gonna buy the new pb in a tube to try on them.....good old knife in the jar.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 04:24 pm
I think I'd rather have the peanut butter on an apple slice than on my fingers. Around here, PB on the fingers means I'm trying to sneak meds to the doggies. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 04:31 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies