Treya

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:45 am
CI yes it is a "christian belief" but it's also a reality check as well. Could be the end of the world as we know it will be pissin someone off and them blowing us to smitherines with some nukes from on high... LOL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:46 am
Between god and humans, who do you think will end this world as we know it?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:46 am
Humans definately. You?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:50 am
hephzibah,

You are on the field but JLN is in the stands.

JLN is observing "persons" "Gods" and "truths" as part of an interactional game. He might see you as extrapolating your "game rules" to "the universe".
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:57 am
Yeah... just call me the short stop... LOL
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:18 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Not dad (god) not the kids (us) but Mama~!

Mother Nature, that is. Mama's the boss of the house, don't ya know?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:52 pm
queen annie... that's a nice idea, however have you ever thought of the fact that the things we are doing are effecting nature itself? Therefore I say ultimately, we will be the ones responsible for ending the world as we know it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:54 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
For whatever it's worth, the book of Revelation contains a promise by God "to bring to ruin those ruining the earth." (Revelation 11:18)
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:56 pm
We evolved here, the same as everything else.
I don't get why when people speak of 'nature', they omit humans from the mix.
We are one of the many hands of nature.
It's just that this particular hand is holding a sword.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:01 pm
exactly... the things we do are effecting ourselves as well. Smile Though I'm I still find it hard to believe that whole evolution thingamajigger...
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:08 pm
Quote:

Though I'm I still find it hard to believe that whole evolution thingamajigger...

It is good to ration belief extremely sparingly IMO.
If you aren't convinced, you are right not to believe.
However, as I have discovered..the information is out there to rationally accept evolution.
But this is not the place for that particular beaten horse discussion Razz
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:15 pm
Maybe I'll venture into the evolution thread some day. Just maybe... :wink:

Ever since I said that thing about us nuking each other I've had a song in my head...

"Bye Bye Ms American Pie... drove my chevy to the levi but the levi was dry... them good ol' boys are drinking wiskey and rye... singin' this will be the day that I die... this will be the day that I die..."

Ahhh sweet memories... LOL

Hmmm... wonder where JLN went. Ok, no more disrupting the search for what "truth" is from me. Sorry neo... Razz
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 03:17 pm
hephzibah wrote:

Razz

In the Quran the surahs, The Believer 67th verse and The Believers 14th verse talk about the stages of the creation of the human. We can collect the stages until the birth stage under 6 head lines: 1- dust, 2- drop (sperm), 3- the hanging (the hanging on the womb wall), 4- a bite size meat, 5- the bones, 6- flesh. (we investigated how miraculously The Quran tells the creation of human between the 48th and 54th chapters)These words that describe the stages are used as follows ; 1- dust (turab) 17 times 2- drop (nutfe) 12 times 3- the hanging (alaq) 6 times 4- a bite size meat (mudgha) 3 times 5- the bones (izame) 15 times 6- flesh (lahm) 12 times. These stages until the birth of human are used 65 times in total. And the word "human" is also used 65 times in the Quran What do you think? Can this occur by chance? The two verses which talk about the stages of creation are as follows:

He is the One who created you from dust, and subsequently from a drop, then a hanging, then He brings you forth as a childÂ…
40. The Believer, 67

Then We developed the drop into a hanging, then develop the hanging into a bite size meat, then created the bite size meat into bones, then covered the bones with flesh. Then formed him into a new creation. Most blessed is God, the best creator.
23. The Believers, 14

The Word The number of times it is used in the Quran
Dust 17
Drop 12
Hanging 6
Bite size meat 3
Bones 15
Flesh 12
Total = 65
Human 65
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 03:23 pm
hephzibah wrote:
queen annie... that's a nice idea, however have you ever thought of the fact that the things we are doing are effecting nature itself?

Actually, I have done extensive research into some of the things going on right now--namely the global warming issue. What I have discovered is that, as much as we'd like to think we have enough influence on nature to change it's course--all we can do is contribute. And still that contribution will never be the determining factor.

Quote:
Therefore I say ultimately, we will be the ones responsible for ending the world as we know it.

I don't think we will be able to take the credit for the housecleaning in progress...

We may be the reason the world as we know it is ending, but we will not be the force ending it.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 03:25 pm
Back to truth...

I also think 'truth' is perhaps an 'experience.'
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 06:27 pm
Hepz, you say that "Truth is what it is...." I prefer to say that Reality is what it is. As I've argued many times "truth" is the passing value we grant to propositions about the nature of Reality.
Also, it doesn't really matter (except perhaps in the context of the political aggressions of religion in America) whether or not you or I "believe" in Evolution; it is NOT a religious faith.
It is a theoretical scheme by which scientists order and integrate findings from various scientific fields, etc. biology, archaeology, geology, physiology, genetics....Think of evolution not in terms of a "theory OF evolution", but as an organizing scheme, as "Evolutionary Theory". It has absolutely nothing to do with religion and should never address its concerns.
I like Annie's version of "truth" as "experience." Mystics sometimes have presentiments of the nature of Reality which are extra rational (neither rational nor irrational). They are like unspoken/unspeakable, but intuited, propositions about Reality.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 07:34 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Hepz, you say that "Truth is what it is...." I prefer to say that Reality is what it is. . .
Ain't that the truth? Smile
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:57 pm
queen annie wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
queen annie... that's a nice idea, however have you ever thought of the fact that the things we are doing are effecting nature itself?

Actually, I have done extensive research into some of the things going on right now--namely the global warming issue. What I have discovered is that, as much as we'd like to think we have enough influence on nature to change it's course--all we can do is contribute. And still that contribution will never be the determining factor.

Quote:
Therefore I say ultimately, we will be the ones responsible for ending the world as we know it.

I don't think we will be able to take the credit for the housecleaning in progress...

We may be the reason the world as we know it is ending, but we will not be the force ending it.

Oh yeah, you are probably right annie. I'm sure that as a few nukes are flying at us my last thoughts will be, "Damn that mother nature and her friggin PMS!" Razz
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:59 pm
Again: truth is in the eye of the beholder. Reality is what each individual perceives it to be.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:00 pm
kevnmoon wrote:
hephzibah wrote:

Razz

In the Quran the surahs, The Believer 67th verse and The Believers 14th verse talk about the stages of the creation of the human. We can collect the stages until the birth stage under 6 head lines: 1- dust, 2- drop (sperm), 3- the hanging (the hanging on the womb wall), 4- a bite size meat, 5- the bones, 6- flesh. (we investigated how miraculously The Quran tells the creation of human between the 48th and 54th chapters)These words that describe the stages are used as follows ; 1- dust (turab) 17 times 2- drop (nutfe) 12 times 3- the hanging (alaq) 6 times 4- a bite size meat (mudgha) 3 times 5- the bones (izame) 15 times 6- flesh (lahm) 12 times. These stages until the birth of human are used 65 times in total. And the word "human" is also used 65 times in the Quran What do you think? Can this occur by chance? The two verses which talk about the stages of creation are as follows:

He is the One who created you from dust, and subsequently from a drop, then a hanging, then He brings you forth as a childÂ…
40. The Believer, 67

Then We developed the drop into a hanging, then develop the hanging into a bite size meat, then created the bite size meat into bones, then covered the bones with flesh. Then formed him into a new creation. Most blessed is God, the best creator.
23. The Believers, 14

The Word The number of times it is used in the Quran
Dust 17
Drop 12
Hanging 6
Bite size meat 3
Bones 15
Flesh 12
Total = 65
Human 65

Shocked Whoa....
0 Replies