Beer + No food = VERY ill!

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 05:56 pm
I learned a valuable lesson today. I thought I would share. Though I'm sure most of you already knew this. Beer + No food = VERY ill!!

Yesterday I was bored. I had some beer in the fridge so I thought... "Gee I think I'll have a beer." And another and another and another... times eight actually. Over a 10 hour period. I wasn't out to get drunk, just was enjoying the taste of my beer. I love beer... *sigh*

Well... about 9pm I realized I hadn't eaten all day so I made myself a bag of that yummy popcorn with theater butter. Mmmmm... It was aaaalll good! Hehehe... I went to bed last night and everything was fine...

I woke up this morning feeling slightly uncomfortable. No big thing. Needless to say by 2:00pm I was laid up. I thought I was surely going to die. I was almost wishing I would. LOL I managed to drag my green self to the store to buy some relief for $10.99 around 4:00pm. It took two hours to kick in, but I finally feel like I might survive.

Whew...

So, for all you younguns out there... learn from my lesson please. If you drink... EAT SOMETHING... preferably NOT popcorn...

Bwaaaaaaa hahaha!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,984 • Replies: 53
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:00 pm
Eating wouldn't have stopped your hangover. But if you drank water through the day with the beer, it would have helped.

I went to a party yesterday, and saw a good friend of mine get black-out drunk. He didn't eat either, and ended up being way too hammered. Felt bad for his girlfriend, who had to babysit him, get him home, and watch him keep hugging the girl I was with telling her she was sexy. Good times.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:01 pm
Hep- You are one lucky kid. Eight beers=eight shots of liquor. You are lucky that feeling lousy was all that happened. Moderation woman, moderation!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:02 pm
Eight beers over ten hours is nothing. Less than one drink an hour, supposedly that's what your liver can process without getting drunk.

But I'm sure you consolidated a few more in a shorter time period before spreading it out more.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:09 pm
The problem wasn't a hang over as one would think... I really did drink less than a beer an hour. It was gas... I could barely move... I sincerely believed I was going to die. Thought maybe I was having a heart attack for awhile... Almost went to the hospital... Felt like I was going to spontaniously combust... No more heph... oh... that would have been SO sad!

I can put em down quick if I really want. I don't like being drunk though. I already got the hang overs beat... a trick I learned in my early 20's. Two tylenol before bed. It works miracles if ya tip that bottle a little too much! :wink: Hehehe...
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:26 pm
I feel for you...that was me the day after St Paddy's, except I did not have the luxury of my couch instead I had to endure a 3 hour drive ( it's amazing how one can sleep sitting up in that state) then I was dragged through the city on a 4 hour walking mission with the feverish 'sweats' starting to creep on in.....why do we do this to ourselves?

it's because we easily forget the consequences from the time before lol
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:31 pm
Exactly!

Bwaaaaaaa hahaha!

I don't know how you did that! You are my hero! I thought I was going to pass out on the way back from the store! That was only 5 minutes away!
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:41 pm
dont worry so did I, when I thought the oxygen levels in the air was getting a bit on thin side I would find a park bench to sit down on, much to the annoyance of my fiancee...It was either that or he would have to carry me around! LOL
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:42 pm
Ugghh. I feel sick just reading this. Poor heph.

Ya wanna hear something really gross?
Too bad, I'm telling ya anyways

I once pulled a heph like this, but with the added retardation of smoking a big old cigar while I had been drinking. It was a serious pisser, and the first and only time I will ever smoke a cigar!

I was so sick the next morning I wanted to die. Instead, my bf tortured me with runny eyes and "I told you so's".

Ahhh...the beauty of being single! Cool
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:48 pm
Re: Beer + No food = VERY ill!
hephzibah wrote:
I learned a valuable lesson today. I thought I would share. Though I'm sure most of you already knew this. Beer + No food = VERY ill!!

Yesterday I was bored. I had some beer in the fridge so I thought... "Gee I think I'll have a beer." And another and another and another... times eight actually. Over a 10 hour period. I wasn't out to get drunk, just was enjoying the taste of my beer. I love beer... *sigh*

Well... about 9pm I realized I hadn't eaten all day so I made myself a bag of that yummy popcorn with theater butter. Mmmmm... It was aaaalll good! Hehehe... I went to bed last night and everything was fine...

I woke up this morning feeling slightly uncomfortable. No big thing. Needless to say by 2:00pm I was laid up. I thought I was surely going to die. I was almost wishing I would. LOL I managed to drag my green self to the store to buy some relief for $10.99 around 4:00pm. It took two hours to kick in, but I finally feel like I might survive.

Whew...

So, for all you younguns out there... learn from my lesson please. If you drink... EAT SOMETHING... preferably NOT popcorn...

Bwaaaaaaa hahaha!

Oh Hep ... You learned the "Anon Way" ... that means "the hard way".

You fellow green buddy,

Anon Drunk Mr. Green
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:52 pm
Wow! That happened to you too Kiwi? Bwaaaaaa hahaha! I looked in the mirror once today, and I'm not lying... I WAS GREEN! Shocked I had to calm myself down a few times because, like you said, the oxygen in the air seemed to be getting pretty thin... I laid on couch in one stiff position, afraid to move and told myself over and over... "Calm down... deep breaths.. caaaalm down... deeeeep breaths..." What a mess!

Flushd yur a hoot! I used smoke cigars... swisher sweets... mmmm... Um... did you inhale that smoke girl? LOL I learned the hard way too you aren't suppose to inhale it like a cigarette! I feel for ya! You had it worse than me. I didn't have anyone there torturing me or telling me I told you so... hehehe... just the dog looking at me like... "Uuuhhh you ok?" Pets are nice... they don't talk back! Very Happy
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:54 pm
Re: Beer + No food = VERY ill!
Anon-Voter wrote:
hephzibah wrote:

Whew...

Bwaaaaaaa hahaha!

Oh Hep ... You learned the "Anon Way" ... that means "the hard way".

You fellow green buddy,

Anon Drunk Mr. Green

Anon... when I grow up... I wanna be JUST LIKE YOU! Very Happy LOL
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 06:56 pm
Boyfriends and hangovers don't mix.....my ex decides to wash the bed sheets and pillow cases the next morning after 'my' big night out with the girls, didn't matter that I was still in the actual bed itself, dying....huh didn't bother him at all.
Off came everything, Im sliding all over the place all disorientated...I couldn't yell at him because every time I opened my mouth I threw up.....
then he throws open all the curtains and windows and decide's he will mow the damn lawns under my window...the prick!!

...of course I can laugh about it all now Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:30 pm
Hey Kiwi!

I see you're helping our girl out here? Poor thing! It's amazing what trapped air can do to a body, isn't it? I guess what people don't realize is that trapped air is actually pushing on nerves, blood vessels, and organs. Countless numbers of people have gone to the Emergency Room thinking they were having heart attacks. It's a terrible pain.

I use baking soda in warm water for a quick fix. Also, as much as it hurts to move, MOVE! It gets the trapped air moving and on its way out.

Heph, I feel for ya darlin! I hope all is better and you are back to your peachy color? :wink: Oh, and yes, try to eat something substantial before consuming alcohol next time.

Kiwi, AND YOU KEPT HIM???? Shocked
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:34 pm
that's why I recommend cocaine and dope.... much healthier....
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:40 pm
LOL Too funny! Have I got a story for you! Well two actually... Both times the evil was done by my so called "friends"! hehehe...

The first time I ever got smashed... and I mean SMASHED! Falling down, ridiculously drunk... I was staying with a few friends. I don't' even remember what the heck we drank anymore, and I don't remember a whole lot except that these evil people, my so called friends, thought is was so incredibly hilarious that I couldn't walk and had to crawl too and from the bathroom. When I got back and fell out on the floor the highlight of the evening was me laying face down with that friggin dog humping my arm... I was too drunk to get him off me, and they wouldn't help!!! They were all rolling around the floor laughing at me!! waaaaaa! What buttheads...

The next story was a few years later I had been out drinking with some more of my "faithful friends". I was drinking blue maui... ever heard of that? Never again will I touch that stuff. It is liquid blue evil in a bottle! OMG. So anyway, I was pretty good about knowing when I was gonna pass out. So I kindly excused myself and went to lay on the bed. Don't know who's bed. But someones bed. I don't even know where we had ended up because I was so drunk. I was VERY rudely awakened two hours later by one of my "friends" jumping up and down on the bed, yelling my name, because she wanted me to come out and play some more drinking games with her and the guys... I wanted to friggin kill her. I have NEVER had such a screaming headache in my life! Every jump on the bed felt like about 50 knives in my head... I was like...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! STOOOOOOOOOP!

And then rolled over clutching my head because screaming at her was NOT the answer to my pain! Shortly there after is when I learned the trick about taking some tylenol before passing out. It's proven to be a very useful trick! Whew....
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:42 pm
Laughing

heph, I probably did inhale that sucker like a ciggie. What an idiot, but I felt like a Cuban Lord , so hells yeah!
those swisher sweets sound like those lil cigars with wine tips? or the choco flavoured ones...those don't smell too bad to be around.

Kiwi.... Laughing Laughing
I hope you got revenge the next time he went on a binge.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:43 pm
Hey MA,
my hangovers dont get that bad where I think Im having a heart attack
mine just gets to the level of brain tumor, the 'sweats' and lung shrinkage... hence the fatigue and lack of air! LOL
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:46 pm
LOL flushed... too funny! Swisher sweets are awesome. They're... well sweet. I haven't smoked one in years. I don't even think they sell them where I live now. I just know I liked em. Yeah, they're the little ones with the white tips... But don't be fooled, just cause they're little doesn't mean you should inhale them! They pack just as wicked a punch as the big guys!

BWAAAAAAAA HAHAHA!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:47 pm
I think I'm allergic to alcohol. It always made me break out. When I drank I'd always break out.........in places like New Mexico, Arizona, things like that. I can't drink!
0 Replies