revel

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:02 am
One way Obama can go after McCain is to say the very thing McCain brags about are the things that McCain has given up in his zeal to become the republican candidate. Now that he has it and has to appeal to more than right wing conservative; it will be interesting to see him switching back towards the center which he is already doing.

Election pits McCain vs. Obama

I imagine this Iran thing is going to be used to death, but it need not go the way the republicans like if Obama plays it right. Explain how others have suggested we talk to people and how talking does not mean appeasement. Bring up McCain's silly song of "bomb bomb Iran." People are tired of war; I don't think they are in the same mode to be receptive to that sort of thing now as they were when Bush was dressing up in flight suits to enhance his appeal so to speak. Keep comparing McCain and his policies to the Bush administration who is not popular. Point out the ways in which they make no difference even if McCain claims they do. There is a lot of ways Obama can fight McCain and win if he don't get bogged down into the same silly stuff Hillary pulled being repeated by McCain. Those things might work for McCain whereas they didn't with Hillary. Mostly Obama does not need to try and out macho McCain, it would backfire.
0 Replies

dlowan

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:07 am
sozobe wrote:
dlowan wrote:
I guess some of the unusual insanity around here returns to the normal insanity?

Nah... we've got a general election to gear up for!!! :-D

I think unusual insanity will last through, hmmm, December 4th? Takes about a month after the election for things to calm down I think.

Think you missed my point. :wink:

I am used to the normal election insanity.......but the Hillary/Obama thing appears to have created unusual insanity and animosity between some of our dear friends....or at least it channelled it in some unaccustomed ways.

Now, will the sides return to the more normal and accustomed sniping at each other more or less in the usual teams?

Just heard a massive yell from a newscast of parts of Obama's speech...quite apropos!

Sigh...now the real attacks on Obama begin....I can't watch. May their swiftboats sink in the rapids.
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:12 am
I see.

I dunno. I dislike the whole "sides" concept in general. Cycloptichorn is supposedly on my "side" but he irritates me sometimes. (Luv ya, O one-eyed-one.) Bear is supposedly not on my "side," (as he is fond of bemoaning), but I still like him and wish him well.

And that'll extend to the general too -- Okie is not on my "side" and frequently says things I couldn't disagree with more, but then sometimes he goes and says really interesting things, too. Blueflame is on my "side," and often posts really good stuff, but sometimes is way too out there for me.

And so it goes.
0 Replies

Thomas

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:31 am
sozobe wrote:
dlowan wrote:
I guess some of the unusual insanity around here returns to the normal insanity?

Nah... we've got a general election to gear up for!!! :-D

I think unusual insanity will last through, hmmm, December 4th? Takes about a month after the election for things to calm down I think.

You're assuming that the voting machines in Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are working. How naive can you be? January 20, 2009, at least!
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:33 am
Way to harsh my mellow, dude!

:-)
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:36 am
Well, I'm going to be bitterly combating Thomas's absurd, wide-eyed, right-wing economic politics no matter what happens!

<insert gun-totin' smiley>
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:37 am
BBB
Congratulations to Barak Obama and his supporters. I'm so proud of the work my daughter, Butrflynet, has done and will continue to do for his campaign.

Now we move on to beat the Republicans from top to bottom for the good of our country.

BBB
0 Replies

Thomas

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:19 am
nimh wrote:
Well, I'm going to be bitterly combating Thomas's absurd, wide-eyed, right-wing economic politics no matter what happens!

<insert gun-totin' smiley>

Alright, you Soros-funded pinko extremist. (At least your smiley honors the work libertarians do to protect your Second Amendment rights.)
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:33 am
Thomas wrote:
(At least your smiley honors the work libertarians do to protect your Second Amendment rights.)

Oh, drat! Foiled again..
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:48 am
Quote:
Obama to Visit Virginia Coal Country
  • Will Jim Webb make an appearance? He has a family in nearby Buchanan County, where he beat George Allen with 55 percent and where Obama cobbled only nine points against Clinton. [..]
  • And most importantly, can Obama make amends with the folks up in the hills?
After leaving Bobcat Country, Obama flies up to Prince William County outside of Washington for an appearance at Nissan Pavilion. The venue is about 45 minutes outside D.C. (allocate an hour and a half for a summer Jimmy Buffett show) and is classic exurbia. It's right in the thick of what the Washington Post has described as the "Ring of Fire"Virginia Democratic Electoral Map (Dave Leip's Atlashttp://theelectoralmap.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/06-03-virginia-democratic-electoral-map.jpg

Obama's June, 5 Campaign Stops

SEE MAP HERE
0 Replies

dlowan

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:54 am
nimh wrote:
Thomas wrote:
(At least your smiley honors the work libertarians do to protect your Second Amendment rights.)

Oh, drat! Foiled again..

Erm.....do Dutch people living in Hungary experience second amendment rights? Whatever the **** they are?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:58 am
Congratulations to the Obama supporters and on to the general campaign. May the best man win as it won't be a woman.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb080604.jpg
0 Replies

blueflame1

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:01 am
0 Replies

woiyo

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:14 am
"The wrong change looks not to the future but to the past for solutions that have failed us before and will surely fail us again," McCain, 71, said in suburban New Orleans. "I have a few years on my opponent, so I am surprised that a young man has bought into so many failed ideas."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080604/D9137A880.html

Just the beginning of a fun filled campaign.
0 Replies

Thomas

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:16 am
dlowan wrote:
nimh wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Oh, drat! Foiled again..

Erm.....do Dutch people living in Hungary experience second amendment rights? Whatever the **** they are?

No they don't. That's why nimh can insert the text, but not the gun-toting smiley itself. That's how repressed he is in Hungary.
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:24 am
Thomas wrote:
No they don't. That's why nimh can insert the text, but not the gun-toting smiley itself. That's how repressed he is in Hungary.

Ah, but you forget - I'm an anarchist.

http://www.autokick.com/forum/html/emoticons/1-4-CHain_GUn_EmoTe.gif
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:38 am
Rev. Joseph Lowery is being interviewed on CNN by Tony Harris -- he looks so happy!
0 Replies

revel

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:43 am
woiyo wrote:
"The wrong change looks not to the future but to the past for solutions that have failed us before and will surely fail us again," McCain, 71, said in suburban New Orleans. "I have a few years on my opponent, so I am surprised that a young man has bought into so many failed ideas."

What are those failed ideas and how are they failed is the question. I imagine he is talking about Obama's statement about talking with Iran. That is not a failed idea. The failed idea is not talking with our enemies which is the same ole same ole policies of this administration.
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:52 am
revel wrote:
woiyo wrote:

What are those failed ideas and how are they failed is the question. I imagine he is talking about Obama's statement about talking with Iran. That is not a failed idea. The failed idea is not talking with our enemies which is the same ole same ole policies of this administration.

I think he's talking about liberalism in general. I heard Karl Rove on Fox "News" saying exactly that last night during his "objective analysis" of Obama's speech.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:56 am
As Rove is writing the copy for McCain's campaign, that's unsurprising. And not overly worrisome either.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies