Butrflynet

Wed 28 May, 2008 10:43 pm
http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/05/obamas_priorities_for_first_10.html

Excerpt:

Barack Obama offered a vision today of his top priorities during the
first 100 days of an Obama administration that won't be much of a
surprise to anyone who has been following his presidential campaign.

Asked about the first 100 days of a hypothetical Obama administration at
a fundraiser in Denver, Obama said he would focus on interim progress
toward three key goals: troop withdrawals from Iraq, health care access
for all and action on energy and climate change, according to a pool
report of the fundraiser.

On Iraq, Obama said, the public should expect within 100 days of taking
office he would convene the Joint Chiefs of Staff to devise a plan for
withdrawing troops from Iraq.

He also set a goal of proposing legislation on his promise of affordable
health care coverage available for all quickly upon arriving in the
White House. "We need a bill...by March or April to get going before the
political season sets in," Obama said.

Obama also promised to take early action on energy and climate change.
"We will have to be immediately prepared to send a signal to the world"
on alternative energy, he said.

For good measure, he added that he would rapidly proceed with a review
of all executive orders imposed by the Bush Administration and consider
overturning them.

"I would call my attorney general in and review every single executive
order issued by George Bush and overturn those laws or executive
decisions that I feel violate the constitution," Obama said.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Wed 28 May, 2008 10:53 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
So, what's the beef, that he knew that being a fallen hero does not require that you be dead? That he recognized the appropriateness of memorializing not only the dead but the sacrifices of the injured survivors?

Except -- historically -- Memorial Day is to commemorate America's dead soldiers, not the injured survivors.

I know The Rockstar is all about "change," but does that mean he gets to change the meaning of Memorial Day too?

No, it just means he acknowledged the Vets at the venue and people looking for gotchas had to make something up.

Nothing made up there. He misspoke. Again. And Foxy pointed it out. Again. And you rose to his defense. Again. Nothing made up, and nothing out of the ordinary, really.

Of course! We all know that the only soldier worthy of acknowledgement on Memorial Day is a dead soldier.

The fact that Barack Obama chose to recognize the vets in the crowd in the first few sentences of his speech is totally indefensible. My gosh! How unpatriotic and unsupportive of our troops can the man get. I'll bet he wasn't even wearing a flag pin or holding his hand over his heart when he did it too. That's some nerve!

This isn't rocket science, Butterflynet.

Memorial Day is to honor dead American soldiers. Let me know if you disagree with that statement.

Your hero said:

The Rockstar wrote:
On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes-I see many of them standing here today--our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors it's unbroken line of fallen heroes ..."

Memorial Day is the day the nation honors dead solders; ergo, "fallen heroes" = dead solders -- except in the Bizarro Butterflynet world where Obama can do no wrong.

"-- I see many of them standing here today."

So, he either has developed a Sixth Sense, or the man came off message and MISSPOKE. It's clearly a struggle for you to come to grips with this possibility.

Yes, it's a terrible thing it was. Him not wearing a flag pin, not covering his heart, all while acknowledging the living heros in the crowd during a Memorial Day speech. He really should be ashamed.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Wed 28 May, 2008 10:54 pm
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Wed 28 May, 2008 11:14 pm
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Wed 28 May, 2008 11:26 pm
Quote:
Electoral College:While national polls garner attention, they have no direct bearing on choosing our next President. A state-by-state count of electoral votes is the key to analyzing the presidential race.

For the first time this year, we run through all 50 states plus the District of Columbia in order to handicap the presidential race. Outlook: If the election were held today, we see a McCain victory by the narrowest of margins.

The electoral map looks nearly identical to 2004, with Iowa and Colorado swinging into the Democratic camp. Beneath the surface, however, we see Michigan and Pennsylvania becoming more competitive for Republicans.

The election will hinge on two regions: Lake Erie and the Mountain West. An Obama win in New Mexico or Nevada would be enough to tip the scales, but a McCain win in Pennsylvania could put the race out of reach. In the end, as always, it comes down to Ohio, where Obama's weakness among rural whites could send McCain to the White House. McCain 270, Obama 268.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3117/enprelectoralcollege200uz1.gif
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Wed 28 May, 2008 11:33 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
So, what's the beef, that he knew that being a fallen hero does not require that you be dead? That he recognized the appropriateness of memorializing not only the dead but the sacrifices of the injured survivors?

Except -- historically -- Memorial Day is to commemorate America's dead soldiers, not the injured survivors.

I know The Rockstar is all about "change," but does that mean he gets to change the meaning of Memorial Day too?

No, it just means he acknowledged the Vets at the venue and people looking for gotchas had to make something up.

Nothing made up there. He misspoke. Again. And Foxy pointed it out. Again. And you rose to his defense. Again. Nothing made up, and nothing out of the ordinary, really.

Of course! We all know that the only soldier worthy of acknowledgement on Memorial Day is a dead soldier.

The fact that Barack Obama chose to recognize the vets in the crowd in the first few sentences of his speech is totally indefensible. My gosh! How unpatriotic and unsupportive of our troops can the man get. I'll bet he wasn't even wearing a flag pin or holding his hand over his heart when he did it too. That's some nerve!

This isn't rocket science, Butterflynet.

Memorial Day is to honor dead American soldiers. Let me know if you disagree with that statement.

Your hero said:

The Rockstar wrote:
On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes-I see many of them standing here today--our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors it's unbroken line of fallen heroes ..."

Memorial Day is the day the nation honors dead solders; ergo, "fallen heroes" = dead solders -- except in the Bizarro Butterflynet world where Obama can do no wrong.

"-- I see many of them standing here today."

So, he either has developed a Sixth Sense, or the man came off message and MISSPOKE. It's clearly a struggle for you to come to grips with this possibility.

Yes, it's a terrible thing it was. Him not wearing a flag pin, not covering his heart, all while acknowledging the living heros in the crowd during a Memorial Day speech. He really should be ashamed.

You can't admit he does anything wrong, can you? You haven't progressed that far in your relationship? Still in the honeymoon stage? Madly in love?
0 Replies

Amigo

Wed 28 May, 2008 11:49 pm
He hasn't done anything wrong. Except what lowlifes try to invent out of thin air and bull$hit.
0 Replies

okie

Thu 29 May, 2008 12:02 am
There they go again, Ticomaya.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 29 May, 2008 09:22 am
Nah, there you low-lifes go again.

Not wearing a pin on his chest? Not using the words you would like in a memorial day speech? Oh Noez! Major gaffes by Obama!

It's a little pathetic that this thin gruel is the best that you guys have.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Thu 29 May, 2008 09:27 am
I have to admit I learned something from Obama. Apparently 10,000 people were killed by tornadoes in the midwest in the last two weeks. Who knew? Not even the MSM!
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 29 May, 2008 10:21 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

You can't admit he does anything wrong, can you? You haven't progressed that far in your relationship? Still in the honeymoon stage? Madly in love?

Yes, Memorial Day is for remembering our dead. And Yes, it seems to have become another Veterans' Day. My son asked me why I didn't put my name on a list at church for veterans to be acknowledged last weekend at a church service. I answered that I wasn't dead. Still, it's the thought that counts.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Thu 29 May, 2008 11:46 am
engineer wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

Yes, Memorial Day is for remembering our dead. And Yes, it seems to have become another Veterans' Day. My son asked me why I didn't put my name on a list at church for veterans to be acknowledged last weekend at a church service. I answered that I wasn't dead. Still, it's the thought that counts.

A little disconcerting though that a candidate for President of the United States doesn't seem to know the difference between the two.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Thu 29 May, 2008 01:06 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
engineer wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

A little disconcerting though that a candidate for President of the United States doesn't seem to know the difference between the two.

What is disconcerting is that someone would actually claim that Obama doesn't know the difference between Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Thu 29 May, 2008 01:20 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
engineer wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

What is disconcerting is that someone would actually claim that Obama doesn't know the difference between Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.

I'll bet he does now.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Thu 29 May, 2008 01:22 pm
okie wrote:
Obama dogged by endorsements from the wrong people:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/28/obama-dogged-by-praise-from-americas-foes/

"In a presidential race in which unwanted, damaging endorsements seem far more plentiful than endorsements that actually could help, Barack Obama has had the unfortunate distinction of being a magnet for such well-wishers.

The latest unsought praise for the Democratic front-runner came from Fidel Castro, who wrote in a column for Cuba's Granma newspaper Monday that Obama is "the most progressive candidate to the U.S. presidency.""

He is the most progressive candidate, so WTF? That is a good thing. Of course, you probably want to vote for the most regressive candidate?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Thu 29 May, 2008 01:33 pm
Except that "progressive" is a well known misnomer for "communist".

I'm still waiting for you to change your mind and wanting to get your dick sewn back on.
0 Replies

eoe

Thu 29 May, 2008 01:55 pm
you are so absolutely ridiculous. But I'm sure you thrive on that.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Thu 29 May, 2008 01:59 pm
Me?

My previous post was as far from ridiculous as any I've ever made.

"Progressive" is a codeword for "communist", it always has been. And Roxx is no female.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 29 May, 2008 02:11 pm
cjhsa wrote:
"Progressive" is a codeword for "communist", it always has been.

round here the progressives are the provincial conservatives

http://www.ontariopc.com/

http://www.albertapc.ab.ca/

http://www.pcnb.ca/

http://www.pcparty.nf.net/

and federally,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Conservative_Party_of_Canada

Quote:
The party was formed in 1867 and became Canada's first governing party under Sir John A. Macdonald, and for years was either the governing party or the largest opposition party. In 2003, the party membership voted to dissolve the party and join the new Conservative Party of Canada being formed with the members of the Canadian Alliance.

After 2003, several members of the Senate of Canada who opposed the merger continued to sit as members of a "Progressive Conservative" caucus,
0 Replies

Thomas

Thu 29 May, 2008 02:19 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Except that "progressive" is a well known misnomer for "communist".

Teddy Roosevelt was a communist? That will be interesting news for the Republican party. But by your logic he must have been, since he was a progressive.
0 Replies