nimh

Sat 24 May, 2008 07:34 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Obama's political team out-organized Clinton

Barack Obama's loyalists have stunned even themselves with success against Hillary Clinton
link

I read that story too... it's a bit of hastily put together fluff-job, but those are produced about every (winning) campaign; but it's got a couple of cool paras: I like the "No Drama Allowed" line.

Quote:

Gives you a good sense of exactly how reluctant this campaign must be, when reviewing the Veepstakes, to import Hillaryland's internal chaos, rivalries, supersized egos and soap operas.
0 Replies

Amigo

Sat 24 May, 2008 07:46 pm
Obama has already proved he is the man for the job.

I'm voting for him.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Sat 24 May, 2008 08:09 pm
nimh, the article may be fluffy but what's true is the great Obama grassroots organization. And the enthusiasm of the new people he's brought to the election process. It took Hillary by surprise and I dont think McCain gets it either.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 24 May, 2008 10:35 pm
nimh wrote:
realjohnboy wrote:
Can you source that? How many do Clinton and McCain have?

I dont think McCain has any yet; from what I remember (but I cant be arsed to look it up) presidential candidates normally only get assigned official secret service security once they are officially the nominee (up till that time they have to arrange their own security). Obama was assigned the security early by ways of exception - because of threats, I assume.

Dunno about Clinton, but I assume former Presidents (so that would include Bill) automatically get assigned security detail as well?

FYI,
Here is the Secret Service website and what their regs are about who they protect and for how long...

http://secretservice.tpaq.treasury.gov/protection.shtml

Quote:
Authorization
Today, the Secret Service is authorized by law to protect:
The president, the vice president, (or other individuals next in order of succession to the Office of the President), the president-elect and vice president-elect
The immediate families of the above individuals
Former presidents and their spouses for their lifetimes, except when the spouse remarries. In 1997, Congressional legislation became effective limiting Secret Service protection to former presidents for a period of not more than 10 years from the date the former president leaves office
Children of former presidents until age 16
Visiting heads of foreign states or governments and their spouses traveling with them, other distinguished foreign visitors to the United States, and official representatives of the United States performing special missions abroad
Major presidential and vice presidential candidates, and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election
Other individuals as designated per Executive Order of the President
National Special Security Events, when designated as such by the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security

So Bill Clinton gets Secret Service protection till 2011.

Also, notice what it says about presidential candidates...

Quote:
Major presidential and vice presidential candidates, and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sat 24 May, 2008 11:17 pm
So are you unhappy, mysteryman, that Obama and McCain are getting SS protection prior to July?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Sun 25 May, 2008 12:10 am
I'm not really sure what the point is about SS protection is. Is there something about this topic which we can gain any insight?

T
K
O?
0 Replies

snood

Sun 25 May, 2008 05:02 am
wondering that as well...
0 Replies

nimh

Sun 25 May, 2008 06:11 am
mysteryman wrote:
FYI,
Here is the Secret Service website and what their regs are about who they protect and for how long...

Thanks.

Any response to the points or links showing that a) there was no media cover-up of the alleged role of the Decemberists at Obama's meeting and b) sickle cell anemia is something you're born with, so irrelevant to the question of 46-year old Obama's medical records?

Or will you just keep on throwing things out there, let other people do the fact-checking, and then ignore their findings when you move on to the next "outrage"? Maybe it's just me, but seems kind of rude.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 25 May, 2008 06:40 am
nimh wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
FYI,

Thanks.

Any response to the points or links showing that a) there was no media cover-up of the alleged role of the Decemberists at Obama's meeting and b) sickle cell anemia is something you're born with, so irrelevant to the question of 46-year old Obama's medical records?

Or will you just keep on throwing things out there, let other people do the fact-checking, and then ignore their findings when you move on to the next "outrage"? Maybe it's just me, but seems kind of rude.

Thanks, nimh. Thought I was the only one noticing that...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Sun 25 May, 2008 06:56 am
The SS is trying to protect B. Hussein Obama from Hillary....

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/1976/hillaryassassinuo8.jpg
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Sun 25 May, 2008 09:51 am
nimh wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
FYI,

Thanks.

As far as I can tell, you haven't responded to MM's post to which you are referring, except to throw out a previous post expressing your dismay that he's not acknowledging what you believe to be the superiority of your and soz' positions. Double standard, he says. Soz expressed her opinion about the perceived double standard, and she thinks it's a canard. Do you seriously claim it is a breach of netiquette to fail to reply to a poster's opinion? ("I think you're wrong." "No, I think you're wrong." "No, you are.")

mysteryman wrote:
I guess all of you missed my point.
When John Mellencamp appeared with Obama in Evansville, the media made a huge deal out of it.
Now, they seemed to either ignore or barely mention that there was a band at the Portland event.

I am wondering why the double standard?

Did you miss his point as he says, or do you disagree with it? Or do you really think there was fact-checking findings posted to counter his point -- remember his point? -- which you feel is not getting acknowledged by MM (in which case you will link us to your fact-checking post?)?

As to the sickle cell issue, the point being made -- at least as I understand it -- is again a double standard: McCain is disclosing his complete records, but Obama is not.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sun 25 May, 2008 09:54 am
nimh wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
FYI,

Thanks.

I dont believe I ever said there was a "coverup" so that is a meaningless charge.
I said that I had seen no media mention of the fact that they played before Obama spoke, and I wondered why that was.
Please show where I ever said there was a "coverup".

As for his medical records, the Obama camp itself has said that they have not yet released his medical records and that they are going to release a "summary" of his records, and not the actual records.
I mentioned Sickle Cell because it was the first thing to pop into my mind, but what about hypertension or the myriad of other medical problems that blacks are more prone to?

But you are ignoring my essential point.
Why are the same people screaming about McCains medical records ignoring the fact that Obama hasnt released his?
You are conveniently not addressing that point.

rjb asked...

Quote:
So are you unhappy, mysteryman, that Obama and McCain are getting SS protection prior to July?

It doesnt bother me one way or another.
Someone in the gov or in the Secret Service made the decision, for whatever reason.

I only posted what the Secret Service authorization is, according to their own website.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sun 25 May, 2008 10:02 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Clinton Kennedy Assassination Reference: Brings Up Bobby's Death In Saying Why She Stays In The Race
link

So, is she looking for Obama to be knocked off? She's a real desperado! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sun 25 May, 2008 10:03 am
cjhsa wrote:

http://im
g58.imageshack.us/img58/1976/hillaryassassinuo8.jpg

Or you! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

cjhsa

Sun 25 May, 2008 10:13 am
teenyboone wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Huh?
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sun 25 May, 2008 10:39 am
cjhsa wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Huh?

Duh! I shoulda had a V-8! Forgot that it means Secret Service! Sorry! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sun 25 May, 2008 12:35 pm
teenyboone wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
Clinton Kennedy Assassination Reference: Brings Up Bobby's Death In Saying Why She Stays In The Race
link

So, is she looking for Obama to be knocked off? She's a real desperado! Rolling Eyes

I said it before, but I will say it again...

Since the Kennedy family, and especially Robert Nennedy Jr. isnt upset or bothered by her statement, why are the rest of you?
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sun 25 May, 2008 12:42 pm
mysteryman wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
link

I said it before, but I will say it again...

Since the Kennedy family, and especially Robert Nennedy Jr. isnt upset or bothered by her statement, why are the rest of you?

She, HOPES that something criminal will happen, either by inference or physical, because she wants that nomination, by ANY means necessary, because
1) She is white and
2) She is white!

Any questions? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sun 25 May, 2008 12:53 pm
yeah.... were you born an idiot? Or did you work on it....
0 Replies

blueflame1

Sun 25 May, 2008 02:58 pm
The Obama campaign's 'unsung hero' http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10249.html
0 Replies