Finn dAbuzz

Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:05 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
teeny is good for a laugh... and with the way thngs are going.... that's all we have left...

Some you laugh with; some you laught at.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:16 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
teeny is good for a laugh... and with the way thngs are going.... that's all we have left...

"We", who disgruntled burnout guy?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Tue 8 Apr, 2008 09:39 pm
who expects you to know old school dinosaur militant angry black man?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 01:30 am
oooh! I wanna play! I mean... young opinionated rocket scientist with a strong desire to argue wants to play.

T
K
O
0 Replies

snood

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 04:09 am
ya gotta come meaner than that, KO. Dang.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 04:11 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

At least I have a candidate and a partner, lost-ass psychotic wannabe rock-in-roller.
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:33 am
And then, inexplicably, spontaneously, they began to kiss. A hot feverish kiss, a taboo, interratial, tongue-down-the-throat kiss that was as surprisingly sensual to them as it was shockingly repulsive to the others who happened to be there to watch.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:38 am
Hillary now up by five points in PA
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:41 am
snood wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

At least I have a candidate and a partner, lost-ass psychotic wannabe rock-in-roller.

I have a candidate as well...and a choice of several partners a night were I interested attempting to hit below the belt but not man enough to land a hurtful punch bitch.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:43 am
kickycan wrote:
And then, inexplicably, spontaneously, they began to kiss. A hot feverish kiss, a taboo, interratial, tongue-down-the-throat kiss that was as surprisingly sensual to them as it was shockingly repulsive to the others who happened to be there to watch.

Laughing
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:44 am
[URL=http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3159250#3159250]Snood[/URL] wrote:
Your mindless sniping makes you irrelevant.
0 Replies

Miller

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:53 am
FreeDuck wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Laughing

"Interratial"? How was this managed?
0 Replies

snood

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 09:12 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I have a candidate as well...and a choice of several partners a night were I interested attempting to hit below the belt but not man enough to land a hurtful punch bitch.

You wouldn't recognize below-the-belt with a tourguide and a compass, d*ckhead.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 09:20 am
all i need to find below the belt is the back of your head.

I'm done here.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 09:30 am
kickycan wrote:

LOL.

T
K
O
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 09:54 am
Miller wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Laughing

"Interratial"? How was this managed?

"Interracial." Nice catch. I knew something didn't look right!
0 Replies

okie

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 12:57 pm
Has this been posted? Article by Thomas Sowell on Obama:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowell/2008/03/26/the_audacity_of_rhetoric

some quotes:

"Barack Obama's own account of his life shows that he consciously sought out people on the far left fringe. In college, "I chose my friends carefully," he said in his first book, "Dreams From My Father."

These friends included "Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk rock performance poets" -- in Obama's own words -- as well as the "more politically active black students." He later visited a former member of the terrorist Weatherman underground, who endorsed him when he ran for state senator."

"In Shelby Steele's brilliantly insightful book about Barack Obama -- "A Bound Man" -- it is painfully clear that Obama was one of those people seeking a racial identity that he had never really experienced in growing up in a white world. He was trying to become a convert to blackness, as it were -- and, like many converts, he went overboard.

Nor has Obama changed in recent years. His voting record in the U.S. Senate is the furthest left of any Senator. There is a remarkable consistency in what Barack Obama has done over the years, despite inconsistencies in what he says.

The irony is that Obama's sudden rise politically to the level of being the leading contender for his party's presidential nomination has required him to project an entirely different persona, that of a post-racial leader who can heal divisiveness and bring us all together.

The ease with which he has accomplished this chameleon-like change, and entranced both white and black Democrats, is a tribute to the man's talent and a warning about his reliability."
0 Replies

Ethel2

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 01:32 pm
I just know y'all are gonna just love this one! Just doing my job.......... For a true debate we need more than one perspective. Hey there, Bear.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/walsh/election_2008/2008/04/09/one_last_time/index.html?source=newsletter

Joan Walsh:

Quote:
Wednesday April 9, 2008 06:29 EDT
My last word (for now) on sexism

I never intended to spend so much time on this blog arguing that Hillary Clinton has faced sexism in her historic presidential run because it's so self-evident. It doesn't mean that without it, she'd be defeating Barack Obama; it doesn't mean she is without flaws; it doesn't mean Obama doesn't face racism; it doesn't mean she deserves to be either the Democratic nominee or the president. It just means sexism is one of the unfair disadvantages Clinton has had to deal with. It's just a fact.

The idea that so many people are so incapable of admitting that blows my mind. I'm going to try to take a break from this depressing debate, but a friend just sent me this video. (A few minutes earlier a reader also posted a link in my letters thread.) Take a look. (Warning: I would not argue that every single statement in this video is sexist -- I thought Keith Olbermann's "Special Comment" on Geraldine Ferraro was over-the-top, but not sexist -- but taken together, the montage is pretty devastating.) I'd urge people who are minimizing the sexism Clinton faces, or who are trying to argue that racism against Obama has been just as public and disabling, to make a YouTube video that's comparable to this, and that features media stars -- not Clinton surrogates, not Obama critics, but guys paid by major news networks -- using comparable slurs against Obama. Maybe it's possible. I doubt it, but maybe. If anyone succeeds, I promise I'll post it here!

(Update: The version of this video I watched this afternoon ended after the Howard Beale moment; I hadn't seen the second half, which is essentially an ad for Clinton, which I don't endorse. But the montage of media stars attacking her is still worth watching.)

(bold type mine)
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 02:02 pm
I had forgotten the author's name
"Kiss is the contraction of the mouth due to the enlargment of of Heart."
0 Replies

Kitten with a Whip

Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:55 pm
Former Sec of State Powell said Obama handled the Wright situation very well and that Rev Wright has done some very admirable things.
0 Replies