Below viewing threshold (view)
Gargamel

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 10:45 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Obama is America's disastrous tsunami... he is hell bent on fundamentally
changing America's free market economy into a European state economy.

As a respected economist, could you please enlighten the rest of us on the nature of European state-economies?

Wait, wait, no, that's not what I meant. Let's try again.

As the last remaining australopithecine, do you flee the room when you see a lion on the National Geographic channel?
joshlyn

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 04:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
hello do you remember criticizing me because i wanted to know how to delete this account
0 Replies

georgeob1

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 07:41 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Obama is America's disastrous tsunami... he is hell bent on fundamentally
changing America's free market economy into a European state economy.

It may be worse than that. Wait until the American public discovers we are bailing out the EURO through the IMF.
hawkeye10

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 07:44 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
It may be worse than that. Wait until the American public discovers we are bailing out the EURO through the IMF.
Many of hundreds of billions dollars went to foreign firms though QE programs and bailouts of firms such as AIG, so far the citizens have not rebelled. I guess that the powers that be figure that so long as they can get away with sending taxpayer backed money's overseas that there is no reason to stop.
georgeob1

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 08:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's one thing to bail out a national company like AIG or GM: quite another to do that for a foreign currency that is the victim of the profligacy of government managed economies and demographically unsustainable entitlements. The consequence will be the ultimate depreciation of the dollar and an effective tax on all American savers.
hawkeye10

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 08:07 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
It's one thing to bail out a national company like AIG
Of the money that went to AIG something like $200 billion went to foreign firms to pay them in full for their contracts, when they probably should have suffered at least a haircut. The American people were never informed that this is what was going to be done with the AIG bailout money, and I have a big problem both with the lack of transparency and what was in effect the socialization of losses.

EDIT: the bailouts and the propping up of the banks was in effect the US government paying restitution moneys to the global governments and trading partners. Maybe this was a good idea, but the American taxpayer paid the bills and this is a ******* democracy, or is supposed to be......this should never have been done behind the backs of the American people by way of lies of omission.
RABEL222

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 11:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawk. the AIG bailout was Bushes baby. Gm was Obamas.
realjohnboy

Fri 7 Oct, 2011 02:05 pm
@RABEL222,
It was disclosed today that Obama will be coming to Charlottesville - again - on a 3 day swing through Virginia between Oct 17-19
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 8 Oct, 2011 03:43 am
@georgeob1,
Looks like it doesn't matter who's in the white house; they are all guilty of using US taxpayer money to save wall street - over and over and over...

When it comes to saving the American middle class; forget it! How many middle class families have lost their jobs and homes? Let me count the ways.
spendius

Sat 8 Oct, 2011 04:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
Oh--how some pips can squeak!

It's all the government's money you silly moo.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 10 Oct, 2011 02:05 pm
CONSERVATIVE ECONOMICS DESTROYED THE WORLD ECONOMY. RE-ELECT OBAMA IN 2012
0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 10 Oct, 2011 08:34 pm
Wouldn't it be lovely if some of these posters

1.) Understood cause and effect -- they're no where near ready for econ 101 but that is another story

2.) Had memories that could reach back longer than 12 hours
H2O MAN

Tue 11 Oct, 2011 07:23 am
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w14Or4R2-Jk/TWaEF4KanQI/AAAAAAAACi8/RpPny1lTNXg/s1600/warning+SEIU+thugs+here.jpg
0 Replies

TheLeapist

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 03:21 pm
@plainoldme,
Honestly. It drives me nuts.

Yaaarrr!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 20 Oct, 2011 03:19 pm
Quote:
Thu Oct 20, 2011 at 12:49 PM PDT
Hey Republicans? Screw off.

by weatherdude

In March, you said Obama didn't act quickly enough and with enough force.

Then when Obama acted, you (and Dennis Kucinich) said Obama acted too hastily, acted unconstitutionally and needed to be impeached.

Today, you say Obama didn't act soon enough.

Pobrecitos. You can't handle the fact that **** gets done nowadays. In 6 months, Libya went from status quo to Gaddafi dead, something at which Saint Ronny tried and failed. Osama bin Laden is dead, something Dubya couldn't do in 8 years. Now, with US and NATO assistance, the Libyan government has changed hands and Gaddafi is dead.

Just face it, Repubs, you suck at anything other than lowering taxes for yourselves and bankrupting the United States. Maybe it's time for you to sit the **** down, shut the **** up, and let the adults handle things.

Okay?

Okay.

On a less Americentric note...congratulations to the Libyan people for taking a major step to closing a painful chapter of their history. I hope they thrive and achieve lasting stability in the absence of that paranoid, egotistical despot.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/10/20/1028409/-Hey-Republicans-Screw-off?via=siderec

Cycloptichorn