H2O MAN

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Who ever said the majority always made the right decision?

Obama
Below viewing threshold (view)
mysteryman

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Polls can be manipulated to get the result the pollster wants.

On the old abuzz site I posted an article written by the head of the Gallup organization where he admitted that.
If the poll is worded correctly, a pollster can have you agreeing that hitler and the nazi's were the best thing to ever happen to the world.

Also, you keep ignoring what I am saying.
I fully support an across the board tax hike, IF its proven its needed.
However, before the govt takes more of our money, lets clean up the fraud, waste, theft, and redundant spending.
After that is done, a tax hike may not be neccessary.

I cant make it any clearer than that.
H2O MAN

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:29 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

That's insane.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:49 pm
@mysteryman,
Ofcourse they can, but polls who continue to manipulate the results would be laughed out of the industry in no time, and their so-called results will conflict with the final results.

Okay, show me how polls can show "that hitler and the nazi's were the best thing ever to happen?"

And please show us the results of your poll?
0 Replies

parados

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 06:10 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Assuming your math is correct (I'm at work so I can't stop and check), and assuming you were to tax them at 100%, what's next?

You wouldn't have to tax them at 100% to eliminate the deficit.

Quote:
I have no problem with an across the board tax hike, AFTER the govt proves they really need it.

We have $3 trillion of war spending that hasn't been paid for. Are you saying the government didn't need to spend that money?
RABEL222

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 06:55 pm
@mysteryman,
You stupid jerk. He has advocated raising taxes and cutting government costs every since he has been on this site. Either you cant read or are incapable of understanding english. Oh I forgot, your a conservative, no comprehension.
0 Replies

okie

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 09:54 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Are you saying the government didn't need to spend that money?
Maybe. True with every government expenditure, including raises for Congress. Also vacations, parties, and shopping trips for the Obamas. Also special jets for Pelosi and family.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 09:59 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:

It has already been proven to be necessary.

Re: cleaning up waste, redundancy, and theft; these are important things to do, but tax hikes shouldn't be precluded on doing so; because there's no real way to measure whether this is done or not. It's just a dodge to avoid ever having the hikes.

Cycloptichorn
parados

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 10:28 am
@okie,
I guess the government SHOULD have spent money on educating you okie.

You really need to get away from Fox News. It is rotting your brain if you think the government is paying for vacations, parties and shopping trips for Obama.

Quote:
The party and its menu won't end up on the White House tab, the Obamas paid for it with their personal funds.

Snopes -Pelosi didn't request special jet.

How's that cool weather these days okie? I noticed you are no longer posting how your weather is proof that global warming doesn't exist.
cicerone imposter

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 11:22 am
@parados,
It's another case of okie's inability to remember recent history; GW Bush took more vacations and flights back to Texas than any previous president in history.

I'm afraid okie is brain-dead; his one-dimensional brain doesn't allow for perspective and reality, but more importantly, he has no clue about history.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 11:26 am
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uXWJrtSl7YI/TcjCmvjo5QI/AAAAAAAAB5Y/yuH-GF8unlE/s1600/obama-shrinks-2.jpg
0 Replies

mysteryman

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 03:18 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
How do you figure its a dodge?

If you have a proven record of fiscal mismanagement, fraud, waste, and uncontrolled spending, do you really think the bank will loan you more money?
I know my bank wouldnt.

If we cant get the waste under control, then we dont need more money.

If we can afford to waste it, we have enough.
mysteryman

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 03:23 pm
@parados,
parados,
Your link to snopes puts a hole in your claim.

While Pelosi didnt request a larger jet, she DID, according to the snopes article you posted, request a special jet in that she wanted one that could fly to Ca nonstop.

Since the jet normally used by the Speaker of the House wasnt capable of making it, her request does fall under the heading of requesting a special jet.
cicerone imposter

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 04:46 pm
@mysteryman,
mm speaks again from ignorance: here's the snope's article. Even the White House supported Pelosi's use of the jet. mm has never learned to read.

Illinois Republican Hastart used military jets almost every week.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/jet.asp
0 Replies

okie

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 05:53 pm
@mysteryman,
Double Amen to that, mm. That is simple common sense in my opinion. How many parents would give their kid an allowance continually if the kid spends the money in an irresponsible manner?
parados

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 08:30 pm
@mysteryman,
Ummm.. Where did you read that MM?
You do realize the difference between the false claims and the truth, don't you?
0 Replies

parados

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 08:30 pm
@okie,
Obviously your parents did.
okie

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 09:31 pm
@parados,
wrong again as usual. My parents never gave me an allowance, and I never spent money irresponsibly. I still remember my Mom helping me open a savings account when I was a grade schooler. The money I had was mostly from small gifts of a dollar or so in birthday cards from family and friends, which I put in a piggy bank until opening my savings account.
cicerone imposter

Wed 7 Sep, 2011 09:35 pm
@okie,
okie, How does one person know if they have spent money "responsibly?" Are you some kind of Schizo?