roger

Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think he was illustrating a flaw in your own logic.

Majority may rule, but the majority is not always right.
RABEL222

Mon 5 Sep, 2011 08:01 pm
@roger,
So you think the minority should rule? I think youve got your wish!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Sep, 2011 08:03 pm
@roger,
Who ever said the majority always made the right decision? Show me where I said such.

I don't need trolls to tell me about American history and politics.

I've only stated facts about one issue; taxing the rich is supported by the majority.

Show me why this is wrong? BTW, it has nothing to do with racial discrimination. That's way out to nowhere.
mysteryman

Mon 5 Sep, 2011 09:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You claimed that the majority of Americans supported raising taxes on the rich.
I showed you that the majority isn't always right.
So, do you always support the majority?
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Sep, 2011 09:51 pm
@mysteryman,
Raising taxes on the rich is one issue that has nothing to do with anything else. Current polls support this idea whether you agree with it or not. Do you beat your wife?

Get my drift?

At one time, the majority on the planet thought it was flat.

Doesn't say anything about Americans support for tax increases on the rich. It's a fact if you know how to read the newspaper.

If don't agree with the polls, you need to explain why taxing the rich is wrong.

Stay on topic if you're capable.

Here, read it if you can.
Quote:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Hey, rich folks! The American people are putting you on notice. They want you to pay higher taxes.

Two new polls suggest there is broad support for raising taxes on households making more than $250,000 a year, and all in the name of deficit reduction.

Heck, even a majority of Republicans want the rich to pay more.

A full 72% of adults approve of increasing federal taxes on households making more than $250,000 starting in 2013, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

NSFW (view)
mysteryman

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
Currrent polls mean nothing to me. I have told you many times that I dont believe polls because a "good" pollster can word a question to get the answer they want, no matter what the question is.

You yourself have said in the past that the majority can be wrong on an issue, yet now you dont seem willing to admit that.

What happens after you raise taxes on the rich, and still dont have enough money to finance all of what Obama wants to do?
Do you then raise taxes on everyone else?

Until I see a plan put into place that cuts spending on EVERYTHING, including entitlements, defense, and anything else the govt spends money on, I wont support a tax hike on anyone.

What I would like to see is a bill that mandates that every tax hike, of any kind, must be accompanied by a spending cut of the same amount.
And it must be in the same bill as the tax hike.

The govt has a history of raising taxes and spending more, not of spending less.
revelette

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 07:06 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:
The govt has a history of raising taxes and spending more, not of spending less.

Not in the last ten years. We have a history of under taxing and spending the same as though we are not taxing less.

I think making a somewhat meaningless statement saying tax the rich is just meaningless. The point is that in the last ten years, the rich have been taxed less for one reason or another, less than middle class Americans and we need to correct that wrong by fixing the loopholes and the tax havens. Give a bigger tax break to the middle class (who spend money in our country that keeps the economy moving) and cut spending including spending on wars.
0 Replies

parados

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 07:15 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:
What happens after you raise taxes on the rich, and still dont have enough money to finance all of what Obama wants to do?

Please MM.... Do you have to fall into that ridiculous rhetoric.
I already showed how your earlier facts were so far from the truth that were laughable but you now persist as if it was never pointed out that you were lied to and you believed it.
parados

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 07:29 am
@parados,
Here you go MM

The top 20% of HOUSEHOLDs earned 100,000 or MORE
There were 24 million of those households.
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2011/tables/11s0691.pdf

Even IF they only earned $100,000 that would make 2.4 TRILLION in earnings for those 20%. But.. the top 20% earned 50% of ALL income in the US so that means the median income in that top 20% is MORE than 100,000.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 07:51 am
@revelette,
Quote:
(I don't know a lot about federal income taxes and tax loopholes, but wouldn't eliminating corporate federal income taxes make the question of corporate tax loopholes moot?)

Yes, but first of all not every conservative is advocating eliminating corporate income taxes, and secondly the mega-rich, like Warren Buffet take advantage of loopholes to reduce their personal tax obligation.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 09:16 am
@parados,
Assuming your math is correct (I'm at work so I can't stop and check), and assuming you were to tax them at 100%, what's next?
Unless there are serious spending cuts, all the tax money collected means nothing.
Why should we give the govt more money, when they have proven that they can't handle their finances now.
I have no problem with an across the board tax hike, AFTER the govt proves they really need it.
Lets cut spending, lets kick people off the safety net, the ones that have turned it into a hammock
Lets eliminate all of the waste, fraud, and outright theft of govt funds, then we can talk about raising taxes if needed.
cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 10:22 am
@mysteryman,
Ofcourse current polls mean nothing to you! Also the fact that current polls tell us that the majority of Americans approve the idea of taxing the rich more.

Your so-called disagreement with this poll doesn't mean deadly; the minority of you are too ignorant to understand fiscal responsibility. You are one-dimensional with no understanding of economics or politics. You must be a member of the tea party; just say "no."
okie

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 02:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Ofcourse current polls mean nothing to you! Also the fact that current polls tell us that the majority of Americans approve the idea of taxing the rich more.
Hey ci, Why don't you just go rob your richer neighbors and give it to the poor? Play Robin Hood. Better yet, give them all of your money. You don't need it.
cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 02:24 pm
@okie,
What relevance does your post have to anything realistic?
NSFW (view)
okie

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 02:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It was as realistic as any of your claptrap. By the way, I agree with mm, that if they raised taxes to 100% on the rich, it still would not satisfy Obama's desire to spend. The government needs to prove they can spend money wisely before anyone should be taxed more in my opinion.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have said for years that I dont believe in polls, so that is not a new position For you to call me ignorant because I disagree with you is acually funny. You assume that you know what my background is or that I have no understanding of economics.

I have said that I would support an across the board tax hike, but there must be some things done first.

You seem to be advocating raising taxes with zero spending cuts.
It would seem that you are the one that doesnt understand economics.
cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:07 pm
@mysteryman,
It's not our problem you don't believe in polls. Just because you haven't learned that polls are pretty accurate forms of understanding where the majority stands on issues, it doesn't negate their value - but it does about your inability to accept some facts of life.
cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:08 pm
@mysteryman,
You wrote,
Quote:
You seem to be advocating raising taxes with zero spending cuts.

Quit trying assume things when I haven't even suggested such a thing. Are you really that stupid?
0 Replies