cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2011 12:54 pm
@okie,
okie, It's obvious you don't understand the important issues of our day. It's called the debt ceiling, and how the republicans are making it difficult for our economy to recover from (GW Bush's) the Great Recession.
spendius

Wed 27 Jul, 2011 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And it's obvious that ci. doesn't understand the "important" issues of the day. He opined that the gold bubble would pop at $1495. I hope nobody took any action on his prophesy.

The Democrats are making it difficult because they want a sticking plaster to take them beyond Nov. 2012. They want a 16 month start and let the fits come later. The Republicans don't want any starts at all. A six month postponement with a temporary raising of the ceiling is my guess.

The politicians are not the problem. You lot are. They have a Rubic cube in each hand in a jerking boat wearing fur mittens.
cicerone imposter

Wed 27 Jul, 2011 02:01 pm
@spendius,
spendi, You lie; show me where I said gold would "pop at $1495?"
Verdeuno

Thu 28 Jul, 2011 04:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
Can't handle the truth?
0 Replies

Krumple

Thu 28 Jul, 2011 05:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

spendi, You lie; show me where I said gold would "pop at $1495?"

Speaking of gold. People think that gold is going up in value but it actually is not. What is happening is that the value of the dollar is dropping. Gold rarely ever goes up in value. If you were to take the graph of gold going up in value and push all the lines down until they are straight across and at the same time make a reversed line going downward this would reveal the rate at which the dollar is decreasing in value.
spendius

Fri 29 Jul, 2011 05:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
Don't try cheap tricks like that ci. You said it alright. I took special note. You're just relying on nobody going back to look. Anybody who does will see it. I'm not going looking for something I'm sure of.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 29 Jul, 2011 05:55 am
@Krumple,
Well Krumpie--tell us how to value things.

Gold going up is the same thing as the dollar going down. The value of assets in gold compared to the value of assets in dollars favours gold. As of now.

The amount of bread you could buy with $1,495 now is probably the same as it was when ci. predicted that the gold bubble would burst. But if you stayed in gold you can now buy more bread.
cicerone imposter

Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:35 am
@spendius,
spendi, Why do you continue to lie? Show me where I have said $1,495 was a bubble for gold?

What I have said is that US currency in circulation is short of buying all gold at current values. Unless, ofcourse, all US currency is spent to buy gold.

As of July 21, gold stocks in the US and the value were as follows.
Tonnes 8965
Ounces per ton 32000
Total ounces 286,880,000
Current value $1,600

Total value $459,008,000,000

Total US currency in circulation $832 billion
with total gold value representing 55.17% of US currrency in circulation.

Now, explain to me how the gold can be purchased with the amount of US currency in circulation? It's about supply and demand; it's impossible to purchase all that gold at current values.

spendius

Fri 29 Jul, 2011 12:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm not going rooting through past threads simply because you are now denying what you clearly said.

And there are many other buyers for gold besides dollar holders. And the supply can be restricted at the source.

And it is most unlikely that "all US currency" could be spent buying gold because by the time the last million was arrived at the price of gold would be in orbit.

Why am I not now on your Ignore list after you had bragged so much about how clever it was to put me on it?

spendius

Fri 29 Jul, 2011 12:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Your prediction was made somewhere between about May 20 and July 1st as you made it when the price hovered around $1,495. But I don't remember which thread.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 29 Jul, 2011 12:27 pm
@spendius,
No, spendi. The onus is on you to prove me wrong. Quit lying.
spendius

Fri 29 Jul, 2011 12:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Get lost. Put me back on Ignore for ****'s sake.

Any fool can pull the stroke you are trying.
cicerone imposter

Fri 29 Jul, 2011 01:08 pm
@spendius,
That's my choice, spendi. You're a liar and a bore, and I'll continue to point that out for the newbies. You need to spend more time at your local pub where your friends seem to appreciate your bull ****.
H2O MAN

Fri 29 Jul, 2011 02:35 pm

Obama = worst US president ever
0 Replies

Krumple

Fri 29 Jul, 2011 08:56 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Well Krumpie--tell us how to value things.

Gold going up is the same thing as the dollar going down. The value of assets in gold compared to the value of assets in dollars favours gold. As of now.

The amount of bread you could buy with $1,495 now is probably the same as it was when ci. predicted that the gold bubble would burst. But if you stayed in gold you can now buy more bread.

The reason why you could invest in gold is because it has a stable value where as the US dollar is not stable. That is why you could invest in gold and essentially get more dollars.

In other words gold helps to protect your wealth but the value of gold is not going up. The value of the dollar is going down.

If you want to protect your wealth it is good to invest in stable markets like gold and silver. You don't actually make money though. What the problem is the value of the dollar is dropping so the price of goods and services has to go up. Essentially you don't get more goods or services all you do is move around more bills.

This same thing happened in Zimbabwe.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 30 Jul, 2011 12:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's my choice, spendi. You're a liar and a bore, and I'll continue to point that out for the newbies. You need to spend more time at your local pub where your friends seem to appreciate your bull ****.

I usually try and resist jumping into a thread to join the side of someone involved in an argument, but I just could not resist here. Spendius, of all people, doesn't require my assistence but I'm not here to do so.

I have to admit that you (CI) are hardly a moron, but by bet is that in terms of IQ, Spendius has about 100 points on you.

He may bore you because as a defense mechanism you find a tart schooling to be boring, but I assure you that it is only the conventionally minded on A2K that might find him boring.

As to him being a liar, my mind calls upon a quote from True Grit:

"I say that's bold talk from a one eyed fat man."

Admittedly this works better with Cyclo, but since you two are such clones, it will do.

In some sense I admire you for constantly engaging with a foe you cannot hope to defeat, but at the same time I fantasize about this forum being a gladitorial arena and imagining what it might be like if cicerone imposter bled out on the sand when first Spenius delivered a killing strike.

okie

Sat 30 Jul, 2011 07:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Most of us on this forum have found out by now that if anyone disagrees with cicerone imposter very much, that he will eventually resort to calling them some choice names, such as liar, bore, stupid idiot, or whatever term that he can come up with to try to humiliate them. I have often wondered if he actually believes it, or if he has evolved from a serious grouch to a very angry old man. I hope that he will someday realize that his attitude is doing him no good in terms of respectability. As an example, I find the posts by Spendius to be far more insightful and credible after translating them from his unique style of language and sarcasm. Thanks, Spendius, for contributing posts that when I see them, I can look forward to reading them and considering what you have to say.
roger

Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:02 pm
@okie,
You need econ 101.

Yeah, he loses credibility every time he drops something like that. He seems to think it's a legitimate response to someone else's point.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:07 pm
@okie,
okie, You can't even remain honest about what I have called people on a2k. Yes, I have accused people - like you - of being a liar and a bore, but show me where I've called anyone "stupid-idiot?"

You are a liar; that's a fact. Many have proven that by cutting and pasting your posts - for which you have denied. You are a joke, because no matter how often we have shown your lies, you continue to lie.

Beyond that, you have no foundation in politics or economics proven by your many personal opinions that have no basis in fact. When I ask for evidence, you have not provide any.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 30 Jul, 2011 09:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I wish I felt comfortable with using chat room shorthand like ROFLMAO (or whatever it's supposed to be).

Honestly I'm not rolling on the floor laughing, and if I could laugh my ass off, I doubt I would want to, but I have to say that your reply has been joyously amusing.

This is a response that is a classic among the inventory of the A2K Trimurti of CI, Cyclo and Parados:

"Yes, I have called people liars and bores (among other things) but I have never called anyone "stupid-idiot" and I defy you to engage in mindless research to prove I have!"

Why am I so certain that the hyphenation of "stupid-idiot" is so key to your argument? I'm really tempted to search prior CI posts to identify where you have, indeed, called your opponents either "stupid" or "idiot," only to have you call me a liar and demand that I find those instances where you called anyone "stupid-idiot."

In some bizarre way you seem to distinguish between lashing out at someone and calling them a "liar" or a "bore," and lashing out at them and calling them a "stupid-idiot."

This is hilarious.

I guess because in the uber-rational world of The Trimurti people can objectively considered liars and bores (although I have no idea how an assessment of someone as a bore can be anything other than subjective), but not so much "stupid-idiots."

Thank you for doing such a great job of encapsulating the obnoxious folly of the A2K Trimurti, and making my night.

Laughing