okie

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:39 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Quote:
My thinking on it is that those children that we GI's were throwing from our convoys,
Or helicopters.
Please re-read my post, JTT. I was not done editing it. If anything, this proves your exaggerated enthusiasm to assume the worst.
Renaldo Dubois

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
So how do you get around? Bicycle?
Cycloptichorn

Tue 24 May, 2011 06:00 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

So how do you get around? Bicycle?

Yeah, or walk. Old-school. Occasionally I take the (electric) train into San Francisco. I rent a Prius by the hour for occasions in which a car is truly irreplaceable. I have a friend who has an electric golf cart that works great, too. We charge it from the solar panels on his roof.

My Grandma always used to say, 'feets were good enough for Jesus, they are good enough for me!'

Cycloptichorn
Renaldo Dubois

Tue 24 May, 2011 06:03 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
So you're a true believer. San Franciso even. Admirable.

I have a big ole Dodge truck and a big ole bass boat plus various gas burning equipment for brush and such. Couple of cars, one old 1982 Ford truck that can't pass emissions. That's how people get around up here.
JTT

Tue 24 May, 2011 06:35 pm
@okie,
Take it easy, Okie. Like I think you intended to say that.

But you do seem to latch onto any old excuse for a tangent.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 24 May, 2011 06:41 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

So you're a true believer. San Franciso even. Admirable.

I have a big ole Dodge truck and a big ole bass boat plus various gas burning equipment for brush and such. Couple of cars, one old 1982 Ford truck that can't pass emissions. That's how people get around up here.

Not everybody can live the same way. A lot of folks who live in the country, it's just not practical or reasonable to expect them to go without cars. I don't hate on others who make other choices; but, I know what's right for me, and that's living a local lifestyle.

I didn't move to Berkeley out of a previously-held or wacky environmental beliefs, but so my wife could attend graduate school; but I do love it here.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Tue 24 May, 2011 07:08 pm
@okie,
How can it be an exaggeration when our country attacks a sovereign country (Iraq) on false charges, then kills tens of thousands of innocents in their country? You don't have any concept of "exaggeration."
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Tue 24 May, 2011 07:21 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
In my spere, we think you Berkely people are a bunch of airheads. I do agree with you that we all can't live the same way. Since we agree on that, could you ask your eco-nut buddies to live and let live instead of making everyone live like they want to. Thanks.
0 Replies

parados

Tue 24 May, 2011 07:55 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Tell me, does a bootlicker like you ever get tired of carrying water for a washed up bunch of hacks?

So, who told you to say that?

It certainly is too complex to be original on your part. Can you explain the theme that makes it complex?
JTT

Tue 24 May, 2011 08:14 pm
@okie,
Quote:
We were also told by more than one that many Vietnamese love Americans today,

If that's how you would like it to be Okie and if you truly believe that the US went there ['there' meaning any one of its invasions] to help people, then why do you go to such extraordinary lengths to cover up these war crimes/instances of mass murder?

Why do you go to such extraordinary lengths to make excuses for those who have perpetrated these vicious crimes that "are not at all part of what we are"?

Why have I never heard anything, from anyone or very few, that the war criminals should be held to account?

You know, Okie, these things just don't square up right.
cicerone imposter

Tue 24 May, 2011 09:08 pm
@JTT,
okie doesn't realize that our wars with Germany and Japan resulted in the same phenomenon; today, many love Americans. Strange, isn't it? okie can see only Vietnamese who can "love" Americans.

The US even used nukes in Japan.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 24 May, 2011 09:45 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Tough to recognize the reformation.

Hippies, of which I was proudly one, were naive Fools who promoted the fanciful over the realistic. We were hedonistic children who had no idea of what the world was really about.

That is the way children should be.

That is not the way adults should be.

That is the way Cyclo is and so any claim for reformation is bogus.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 24 May, 2011 09:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yeah, a lot of people my age took a look at some of your ideas, and kept the good ones, while dumping a lot of the irrelevant or unproductive bullshit. But ya gotta respect the roots.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 24 May, 2011 10:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Sage, except it would seem that you have clung to, not discarded, the bullshit.

What Hippie Law do you now reject?
snood

Wed 25 May, 2011 05:13 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Sage, except it would seem that you have clung to, not discarded, the bullshit.

What Hippie Law do you now reject?

Damn, Finn - are you really so rigid that you have to define everyone is such stupidly monochromatic terms? I expect to see you any moment just devolve into the cyber-equivalent of the old man screaming "Get off my lawn!"
Renaldo Dubois

Wed 25 May, 2011 07:29 am
@parados,
Your sister.
Renaldo Dubois

Wed 25 May, 2011 09:51 am
Nice job, Mr. President. Not quite as dumb as signing the date as May 24, 2008 yesterday, but not bad.
http://sistertoldjah.com/archives/2011/05/25/smoothest-president-evah-flubs-toast-to-the-queen/
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 25 May, 2011 09:52 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Stupid answer without content like most of your posts.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 25 May, 2011 02:11 pm
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/229228_175697299151603_100001340026038_383613_4323876_n.jpg
JTT

Wed 25 May, 2011 02:58 pm
@H2O MAN,
Given your acute sense of so many issues, H2oman, maybe you can help Okie out on these questions.

-----------------------------

If that's how you would like it to be, Okie, and if you truly believe that the US went there ['there' meaning any one of its invasions] to help people, then why do you go to such extraordinary lengths to cover up these war crimes/instances of mass murder?

Why do you go to such extraordinary lengths to make excuses for those who have perpetrated these vicious crimes that "are not at all part of what we are"?

Why have I never heard anything, from anyone or very few, that the war criminals should be held to account?

You know, Okie, these things just don't square up right.
0 Replies