JTT

Tue 24 May, 2011 04:42 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
or your constant attempt to change the subject of conversation to what YOU want to talk about.

Nice try, Cy. Throw out any inane thing just to see if the wind will take it.

Quote:
You totally mis-interpreted what I wrote

If that's true, I most certainly would apologize. If that's true, by all means, go ahead and explain.

Quote:
expect me to be upset about it somehow?

Your reply gives no hint of that whatsoever.

Cycloptichorn

Tue 24 May, 2011 04:59 pm
@JTT,
There's nothing inane about what I wrote. That's exactly what you do, in every thread you talk in: change the subject to the conversation you want to have, i.e., that the US is evil. And you know it. You are a tedious bore, JTT.

I meant it, earlier: go die in a fire. You can curse the terrible US the whole painful way out. Either way, I and others will be spared the tedium of thumbing down post after post of yours. Think about how much that will help us out!

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
There's nothing inane about what I wrote.

Okie and I were discussing Vietnam. You come in with a post about Vietnam. Seems to me that the discussion was about Vietnam.

Now you change the subject to something else.

Do you want to me note that you're not upset in this post either?
JTT

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
change the subject to the conversation you want to have, i.e., that the US is evil.

The subject of our conversation wasn't about "the US is evil", Cy. That's one of those pat responses from people who don't want to talk about such things as US war crimes, US terrorist actions, US mass murder, US hegemony, US support for brutal dictatorships. Have I missed anything?
Cycloptichorn

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:15 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Do you want to me note that you're not upset in this post either?

I don't want to me note anything in particular at all Laughing

Do you think it's somehow surprising, or novel, the way that trolls such as yourself work? You are mistaking amused disdain for some sort of victory on your part, as if I am laughing or hitting back at you because I can't stand the dissonance between your words and my professed opinions. I would urge you, however, to drop any pretense of analysis you think you are accomplishing, and realize that I don't consider any of your arguments valid for a second; certainly not to the level where I would be emotionally affected in some negative way by them. I don't even consider you to be an intelligent person, at all. Just another troll with an opinion.

You're like an H2O man with a larger vocabulary; an Ican with better formatting skills. Laughing

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:15 pm
@JTT,
Yes, but people do not wish to hear about them.
JTT

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I don't want to me note anything in particular at all

Your first response, a childish one, set the tone for the remainder of your "I'm not upset" post, Cy.

Shall we get back on topic?
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That goes without saying, CI.
0 Replies

okie

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Oh, perhaps because they were hijacked from their lives, against their will, to go and fight someone who they didn't give a **** about, in order to defend people they didn't give a **** about, in a hell-hole of a country with terrible weather, for no good reason what-so-*******-ever.

And the officers knew it. What a ****-up that whole ordeal was.

Cycloptichorn
hat is one way of looking at it. I was not particularly thrilled about being there either, but I accepted it as something my country sent me to do.

Now I want to share something that might interest you. I was privileged to attend a gathering of people a few short years ago made up of veterans of the war, as well as some citizens of Vietnam, both during the war and now. I am not lying to you when I tell you right now that there were more than one Vietnamese that spoke to the gathering with tears in their eyes, and they thanked every American soldier and veteran of the war for their sacrifice and service for their country. It was not only moving, but it was a confirmation that people love freedom, and they recognize that it comes at a cost. We were also told by more than one that many Vietnamese love Americans today, and that also there is a difference in the culture of areas more touched or less touched by the GI's presence during the war. My thinking on it is that those children that we GI's were throwing candy to from our convoys, or simply giving things to them, maybe they are now becoming the generation that influence the policies of their country now? I remember talking to many children in and around villages, many of them with smiles on their faces. Perhaps kindness is not forgotten? The older generation of more strict communist thinking may be fading away. One GI at the gathering of people I tell of, he told of visiting the country on a vacation a few years ago, and seeing young people with American flags on their hats and shirts, plus a friendly demeanor. He said "you have not read or seen this in any media, but after visiting there, I do not believe we lost the war as we have been taught, but instead I think we may have won it, but it has just taken a few years more for the lasting effect to take place."
Cycloptichorn

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:27 pm
@okie,
Hey, I never said nothing good could possibly come from it. I'm sure that many people who were over there tried hard to help innocent civilians, and that this had a lasting effect on the place.

I was merely describing what could cause people to seek solace in drugs over there.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:28 pm
@okie,
Quote:
My thinking on it is that those children that we GI's were throwing from our convoys,

Or helicopters.
Renaldo Dubois

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:31 pm
@parados,
Tell me, does a bootlicker like you ever get tired of carrying water for a washed up bunch of hacks?
okie

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:33 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
There's nothing inane about what I wrote. That's exactly what you do, in every thread you talk in: change the subject to the conversation you want to have, i.e., that the US is evil. And you know it. You are a tedious bore, JTT.

I meant it, earlier: go die in a fire. You can curse the terrible US the whole painful way out. Either way, I and others will be spared the tedium of thumbing down post after post of yours. Think about how much that will help us out!
Cycloptichorn
Wow cyclops!!!!! Perhaps your language is a bit graphic in wishing JTT to go die in a fire, and I am sure you do not literally mean it, but I share your sentiment and thoughts about his misguided and exaggerated hatred of America
0 Replies

JTT

@okie,
Quote:
I am not lying to you when I tell you right now

A necessary caveat, Okie?
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

@Cycloptichorn,
At least you're honest about what you are, a dirty ******* hippie. I thought I sensed a certain odor about your posts.
Renaldo Dubois

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I don't know why you're so angry at JTT. You're both from the same pod.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:35 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

At least you're honest about what you are, a dirty ******* hippie. I thought I sensed a certain odor about your posts.

Alas, I'm reformed; have to wear a shirt and tie to the office nowadays.

Sad what people will do for money, eh?

Cycloptichorn
Renaldo Dubois

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:35 pm
@JTT,
Do you live in the USA?
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Oh, so you're one of those "weekend hippies". You're not a REAL hippie.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:39 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Oh, so you're one of those "weekend hippies". You're not a REAL hippie.

Yah, I'm a Reformed hippie. The modern version; workin' hard for the man during the week, volunteering to save the earth on the weekends, no car, no gasoline use, only local vegetables, try to buy only locally made items, use as little plastic as possible. Go America!

Cycloptichorn