ican711nm
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 12:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Obama is the problem and he has no desire to be any part of the solution.

Obama is part of the problem. Obama Democrats are the rest of the problem. Either they are all frauds or they are self-deluded fools
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 12:55 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
Obama is the problem and he has no desire to be any part of the solution.

Obama is part of the problem. Obama Democrats are the rest of the problem. Either they are all frauds or they are self-deluded fools


YOU are a fraud and a self-deluded fool, Ican. Our financial problems today are primarily the cause of Bush tax cuts and wars that weren't paid for, both of which you supported. That, Medicare part D, and the recession - which was on the Republicans' watch and that they bear responsibility for - are what has tanked our society's economic situation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/ezra-klein/StandingArt/pastdeficits.jpg?uuid=KwiiEHvVEeCvSrwebosDwg

Why should anyone trust your word on any economic matter? It's clear that you have little expertise on the issue and have somehow forgotten the last decade completely.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN
 
  -3  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 12:58 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
Obama is the problem and he has no desire to be any part of the solution.

Obama is part of the problem. Obama Democrats are the rest of the problem.
Either they are all frauds or they are self-deluded fools


You are correct and I don't feel empathy for any liberal progressive democrat that does not understand this.
0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 01:15 pm
@H2O MAN,
Look there, up in the sky, what is it?

It's h2oman to the rescue!

Why is there water running down his legs?

He pees himself when he gets excited.
0 Replies
 
plainoldme
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 02:24 pm
@ican711nm,
Nope. It is the top 1% that is the problem and the people like you who idolize them.
H2O MAN
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 02:26 pm
@plainoldme,
Nope, people like you are the problem - you idolize government.
Gargamel
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 03:13 pm
@H2O MAN,
No. You do.
0 Replies
 
Gargamel
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 03:15 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:



Why is it that Obama is ignoring the Mighty Mississippi and
the floods that are impacting millions of tax paying voters?



Because you haven't used a large enough font size. Take it up a notch and he's sure to see all of your bullshit.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 03:21 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:



Why is it that Obama is ignoring the Mighty Mississippi and
the floods that are impacting millions of tax paying voters?


Didn't the GOP vote to NOT spend money for any of those people? We can't borrow to help them, you know.
0 Replies
 
realjohnboy
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 04:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:



Why is it that Obama is ignoring the Mighty Mississippi and
the floods that are impacting millions of tax paying voters?



Would you venture a conjecture?
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 04:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You do seem to be applying a bit of a double standard herre.

While I agree that Bush made some serious mistakes, and he helped cause the problem, you cannot blame all of it on him.
When /bush became POTUS, you and others, including many on here, all said that Bush was responsible for everything that happened once he became president.
The claim by the left was that since Bush was president, Nothing the previous admin did mattered, nor could the previous president get blamed for anything.

Now, Obama has been president for just over 2 years, and you are still blaming everything on Bush.
The left says that they will blame Bush for as long as they think is neccessary, but I cant help but wonder when you will start blaming Obama.
Gas has more than doubled in price since Obama was sworn in, the economy has shown little to no improvement, unemployment has gone way over what Obama ever said it would, Gitmo is still open, etc.

While I do not expect Obama to fix everything overnight, I do expect him, and the left, to admit that Obama does share part of the blame.
EVERY budget passed under his presidency is his problem, not Bush's.
Every action taken by the govt under the Obama admin is his problem, not Bush's.

It has now been 2 years since Bush left office, stop blaming him for Obama's actions.
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:00 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

You do seem to be applying a bit of a double standard herre.

While I agree that Bush made some serious mistakes, and he helped cause the problem, you cannot blame all of it on him.
When /bush became POTUS, you and others, including many on here, all said that Bush was responsible for everything that happened once he became president.
The claim by the left was that since Bush was president, Nothing the previous admin did mattered, nor could the previous president get blamed for anything.


Well, that's an exaggreration of my position. I've consistently maintained that saying 'Clinton did it!' , which was the refrain taken by many in the early days of the Bush regime to justify things that he did, is a false argument. It would be no more valid for me to argue that 'Bush did it!' in order to justify something Obama did.

But the buck does stop at the top; you're right about that. And Obama has admitted that he owns the current economy, and has said exactly that in interviews. He is responsible for making things better, and like others, I wish that they were getting better quicker. But let's not kid ourselves. It was Republican policies that made the recession and giant deficit happen and it is Republicans who are now blocking any and all attempts at reform or making things better, for ideological and electoral reasons.

Quote:
Now, Obama has been president for just over 2 years, and you are still blaming everything on Bush.


Untrue. I only blame things on Bush which are his fault.

Quote:
The left says that they will blame Bush for as long as they think is neccessary, but I cant help but wonder when you will start blaming Obama.


I do blame him for some things, but not for the things you seem to think I should blame him for, such as:

Quote:
Gas has more than doubled in price since Obama was sworn in, the economy has shown little to no improvement, unemployment has gone way over what Obama ever said it would, Gitmo is still open, etc.


Obama has nothing to do with the price of gas. The economy has shown improvement since he took office and certainly it stopped getting worse immediately after the ARRA was signed. Gitmo is still open in large part because Republicans and conservative Dems made sure it would be. You hang all this stuff on Obama, but never mention the fact that the party you support actively fights his efforts on all of these issues.

Quote:
While I do not expect Obama to fix everything overnight, I do expect him, and the left, to admit that Obama does share part of the blame.
EVERY budget passed under his presidency is his problem, not Bush's.
Every action taken by the govt under the Obama admin is his problem, not Bush's.

It has now been 2 years since Bush left office, stop blaming him for Obama's actions.


I'm not blaming him for Obama's actions, I'm blaming him for his iwb actions. You'd be better served to actually examine the history under Bush, and the idiotic decisions he made, before making such foolish comments.

ALL the problems that are screwing with our budget right now came straight from the Bush era: taxes that are too low, 2 unfunded wars, Medicare D, and a recession brought about by a 'let them regulate themselves' attitude, one that was pushed by Republicans the entire way - right up until the end, you had every single Republican saying that regulating the financial industry was bad, and all us dirty hippies who thought so didn't know what we were talking about. Well, it turns out that us dirty hippies were perfectly correct, and the Republicans who claimed the market could self-regulate were totally wrong.

To try and blame all these things on Obama is just ridiculous. These problems all took place before the man took office. Since then things have gotten better; the best you can do is say that they haven't gotten better fast enough.

Cycloptichorn
okie
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
But the buck does stop at the top; you're right about that. And Obama has admitted that he owns the current economy, and has said exactly that in interviews. He is responsible for making things better, and like others, I wish that they were getting better quicker. But let's not kid ourselves. It was Republican policies that made the recession and giant deficit happen and it is Republicans who are now blocking any and all attempts at reform or making things better, for ideological and electoral reasons.Cycloptichorn
You are kidding yourself and have been for a long time. Obama has not made things better. They were better when Bush left office. You also continue to kid yourself about the deficit and the recession being due to Republican policies. You continue to ignore one of the biggest if not the biggest factor in this whole mess, which was the housing collapse, and what entity and party is central to that mess. It was Fannie and Freddie, and your favorite party that said it was a witch hunt when the Republicans wanted more oversight, that there was absolutely no problem. We still have not had full accountability.

And right now, Republicans are trying to block stuff that would only make things worse.
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:22 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
But the buck does stop at the top; you're right about that. And Obama has admitted that he owns the current economy, and has said exactly that in interviews. He is responsible for making things better, and like others, I wish that they were getting better quicker. But let's not kid ourselves. It was Republican policies that made the recession and giant deficit happen and it is Republicans who are now blocking any and all attempts at reform or making things better, for ideological and electoral reasons.Cycloptichorn
You are kidding yourself and have been for a long time. Obama has not made things better. They were better when Bush left office.


This is a flat-out lie. The last month Bush left office we lost something like 400k jobs. In April we added 244k. The Dow is up something like 65% since that time. The Iraq war is wound down for the most part and we finally caught OBL - something Bush could never do, even with all his torturous ways. To say that nothing has gotten better since then is totally false.

Quote:
You also continue to kid yourself about the deficit and the recession being due to Republican policies. You continue to ignore one of the biggest if not the biggest factor in this whole mess, which was the housing collapse, and what entity and party is central to that mess.


No, I don't ignore it. I actually know a lot about it and have spanked you, who knows little about it, repeatedly on this issue in this very thread as well as the US Economy thread. You're totally wrong here as well.

Quote:
It was Fannie and Freddie, and your favorite party that said it was a witch hunt when the Republicans wanted more oversight, that there was absolutely no problem. We still have not had full accountability.


How would you know? You don't know the first ******* thing about it, Okie! And you know it!

Quote:
And right now, Republicans are trying to block stuff that would only make things worse.


Right, so the Republicans trying to block more regulations for Wall Street are blocking them because regulations would make things worse. Gotcha.

That's one of the most idiotic things you've ever said. Right up there.

You're living in a fantasy world, Okie. And I have to tell ya - when I saw you post that bit about the WH inviting the rapper to an event, I won a bet with myself that one of you shmucks would come on here complaining about it, the minute I saw that Fox News was pimping the scandal du jour to their empty-headed viewers.

Cycloptichorn
okie
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:35 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

okie wrote:
You are kidding yourself and have been for a long time. Obama has not made things better. They were better when Bush left office.


This is a flat-out lie.[/quote]That is not a lie. What was the unemployment rate when Bush left office, and what was the deficit and national debt in Bush's last year in office?
Quote:
The Iraq war is wound down for the most part and we finally caught OBL - something Bush could never do, even with all his torturous ways. To say that nothing has gotten better since then is totally false.
Your post shows how detached from reality that you are. Obama taking credit for Iraq, what a joke! It was Obama that said Iraq was a waste of time, and it was Bush that deserves every ounce of credit for what has been accomplished there. Again you make reference to torture, which is nonsense, and it was Bush's policies that led to OBL being found, not that of Obama's.
Quote:
You also continue to kid yourself about the deficit and the recession being due to Republican policies. You continue to ignore one of the biggest if not the biggest factor in this whole mess, which was the housing collapse, and what entity and party is central to that mess.
No, I don't ignore it. I actually know a lot about it and have spanked you, who knows little about it, repeatedly on this issue in this very thread as well as the US Economy thread. You're totally wrong here as well.[/quote]Your opinion versus reality, cyclops.
Quote:
It was Fannie and Freddie, and your favorite party that said it was a witch hunt when the Republicans wanted more oversight, that there was absolutely no problem. We still have not had full accountability.
How would you know?[/quote]Simple. Read about what has happened, plus simple observation.
Quote:
You don't know the first ******* thing about it, Okie! And you know it!
No need to resort to profanity, cyclops.

Quote:
And right now, Republicans are trying to block stuff that would only make things worse.

Quote:
Right, so the Republicans trying to block more regulations for Wall Street are blocking them because regulations would make things worse. Gotcha.

That's one of the most idiotic things you've ever said. Right up there.

You're living in a fantasy world, Okie. And I have to tell ya - when I saw you post that bit about the WH inviting the rapper to an event, I won a bet with myself that one of you shmucks would come on here complaining about it, the minute I saw that Fox News was pimping the scandal du jour to their empty-headed viewers.

Cycloptichorn
I would bet viewers of Fox have higher IQs than most of the rest, cyclops.
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:48 pm
@okie,
Quote:

I would bet viewers of Fox have higher IQs than most of the rest, cyclops.


Fox viewers are consistently the ones who know the least about what is going on in the world, Okie. Multiple studies over the last decade have confirmed this.

Read for yourself:

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/dec10/Misinformation_Dec10_rpt.pdf

I have nothing to prove to you on any of these issues. You know that you don't know much about them and can't properly hang in an argument about them and so does everyone else who reads these threads. You constantly have to drop points others bring up; I note that you cut the part in my post about the Dow being far higher now than when Bush was in office right out of your response.

Cycloptichorn
realjohnboy
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:53 pm
@mysteryman,
MM: I have never taken to the idea that, on the day that a new President takes office, he becomes responsible for everything, including the mistakes made by his predecessor. While I guess he gets to set a new direction, it is like turning around a battleship and it may take awhile.
There was a poll done by Rasmussen at the end of March, 2011, that asked Americans who they blamed for our economic woes. By something like 55-45, the Ras polls said it was Bush's fault. I never referenced it here because I had some issues with the poll. I can't recall what they were anymore. One of my buddies raised a warning flag.
My point is that it is naive to choose inauguration day January, 2009, as somehow being important strikes me as silly.
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 06:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
You're living in a fantasy world, Okie. And I have to tell ya - when I saw you post that bit about the WH inviting the rapper to an event, I won a bet with myself that one of you shmucks would come on here complaining about it, the minute I saw that Fox News was pimping the scandal du jour to their empty-headed viewers.

Cycloptichorn
Pathetic post, cyclops. Fox is reporting facts. The fact remains that Obama has sympathies for radicals, plain and simple, and that is not the kind of president that some of us prefer. Talk about empty headed, who is the empty headed among us, and who are the unprincipled? Fortunately, I think there are more that think as I do about this, and the next presidential election will show it.

Question, do you have any principles regarding the hatefilled associates and friends of the president? You paid no attention when we pointed it out regarding the Jeremiah Wright. Are those the type of people you admire, cyclops? That is a serious question you need to ask yourself.
okie
 
  0  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 06:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
And I am supposed to automatically throw out any facts already known and accept the opinions of something called "World Public Opinion. org ? You do truly live in a fantasy world, don't you?
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 06:13 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
You're living in a fantasy world, Okie. And I have to tell ya - when I saw you post that bit about the WH inviting the rapper to an event, I won a bet with myself that one of you shmucks would come on here complaining about it, the minute I saw that Fox News was pimping the scandal du jour to their empty-headed viewers.

Cycloptichorn
Pathetic post, cyclops. Fox is reporting facts. The fact remains that Obama has sympathies for radicals, plain and simple, and that is not the kind of president that some of us prefer. Talk about empty headed, who is the empty headed among us, and who are the unprincipled? Fortunately, I think there are more that think as I do about this, and the next presidential election will show it.


Radicals? If that's the case, why did Fox News themselves describe the very same rapper referred to here as 'conscientious' and 'very positive?' The truth is you know nothing about the man at all, but are willing to condemn him based on what you saw on, yes, Fox News.

Bush invited Ozzy Ozbourne and Ted Nugent to the WH on more than one occasion, and in fact had a suite of rappers there (with Russell Simmons, not that you have any clue who that is) back in 2005, all of whom have much more 'gangsta' lyrics than Common does.

So, to sum it up: you have no idea what you are talking about and are mindlessly repeating what the Conservative media told you to get upset about. Wake the **** up, Okie!

Quote:
Question, do you have any principles regarding the hatefilled associates and friends of the president? You paid no attention when we pointed it out regarding the Jeremiah Wright. Are those the type of people you admire, cyclops? That is a serious question you need to ask yourself.


If anyone here is hate-filled, I would have to say that it is you, Okie. You hate the Dems, hate Obama, and are willing to believe anything bad about them at all, because you want to believe those things.

Cycloptichorn
 

Related Topics

So....Will Biden Be VP? - Question by blueveinedthrobber
My view on Obama - Discussion by McGentrix
Obama/ Love Him or Hate Him, We've Got Him - Discussion by Phoenix32890
Obama fumbles at Faith Forum - Discussion by slkshock7
Expert: Obama is not the antichrist - Discussion by joefromchicago
Obama's State of the Union - Discussion by maxdancona
Demand a plan - Discussion by H2O MAN
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Obama '08?
  3. » Page 2037
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.17 seconds on 06/21/2021 at 08:05:56