plainoldme

Fri 31 Dec, 2010 11:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have several things to add post # 4,460, 516
I can not afford regular oil changes both in terms of finances and time because I work six days a week.

I am being billed $150/month for Romneycare which I can not afford so I don't pay. Romneycare is the same as Obamacare although the Repugs are in denial about that.

I have a reverse mortgage and I still can not afford this stuff.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Sat 1 Jan, 2011 12:57 pm
GEORGE SOROS AND HIS DEMOCRAT PARTY EMPLOYEES ARE ATTACKING AMERICA’S CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT AND AMERICA’S CAPITALIST ECONOMY

George Soros and his Democrat Party appear to believe their ends justify their means.

George Soros in his 1995 book, page 145, Soros on Soros, I do not accept the rules imposed by others. If I did, I would not be alive today. I am a law-abiding citizen, but I recognize that there are regimes that need to be opposed rather than accepted. And in periods of regime change, the normal rules don't apply. One needs to adjust one's behavior to the changing circumstances.

George Soros has owned and directed the Democrat Party since December 2004.

"Sam Hananel in his associated Press article, December 10, 2004,"] On December 9, 2004, Eli Pariser, who headed Soros's group Moveon PAC, boasted to his members, "Now the Democratic Party is our party. We bought it, we own it."

Soros … pushed for the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002 which was intended to ban "soft money" contributions to federal election campaigns. Soros has responded that his donations to unaffiliated organizations do not raise the same corruption issues as donations directly to the candidates or political parties.

Soros gave $3 million to the Center for American Progress, committed $5 million to MoveOn, while he and his friend Peter Lewis each gave America Coming Together $10 million. (All were groups that worked to support Democrats in the 2004 election.)

George Soros has directed the members of the Democrat party to pass or continue legislation that violates the Constitution of the USA as lawfully amended. George Soros directed the federal government to adopt and/or continue the following such programs.

• Healthcare Reform:
http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/Industries/health-care-providers/center-for-health-solutions/health-care-reform/index.htm?id=USGoogle_hcreform_310&gclid=CKLi6PKDzKUCFUN66wodrlBmlA
National health reform is here. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the reconciliation bill are law. Together, they will trigger sweeping changes and disruptions — some rather quickly and some over many years.
http://www.naturalnews.com/026733_health_health_care_healthcare.html
What's really in Obama's health care reform bill? Almost no one knows, and here's why: It's 1,017 pages long and written in an alien form of bureaucratic English that can barely be decoded by earthlings.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2300451/posts
Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax."
• TARP:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubled_Assets_Relief_Program
The Troubled Asset Relief Program, commonly referred to as TARP, is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector which was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008. It is the largest component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis. …
• Stimulus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Recovery_and_Reinvestment_Act_of_2009
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, abbreviated ARRA (Pub.L. 111-5) and commonly referred to as the Stimulus or The Recovery Act, is an economic stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009.
• Fannie Mae
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_may
The Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) (OTCBB: FNMA), commonly known as Fannie Mae, was set up as a stockholder-owned corporation chartered by Congress in 1968 as a government-sponsored enterprise (GSE), ..
• Freddie Mac:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Mac
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC), known as Freddie Mac (OTCBB: FMCC), is a public government sponsored enterprise (GSE), headquartered in the Tyson's Corner CDP in unincorporated Fairfax County, Virginia. …

The Constitution does not delegate power to the federal government to transfer wealth from those who earned it to those who did not and do not earn it. The Constitution does specify that the federal government can take a person’s property to provide for the common defense and the general welfare of the United States.

Amendment X (1791)
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Amendment V (1791)
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment XIII (1865). Section 1.
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Article I. Section 8 (1789)
The Congress shall have power To lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; …

George Soros’s Democrat Party adoption and and/or continuation of the previously listed programs (Healthcare Reform, TARP, Stimulus, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) , are evidence that they are adhering to the enemies of the USA, giving them aid and comfort, and arethereby guilty of committing treason.

Article III (1791). Section 3.
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

The Constitution of the USA as amended is part of the supreme law of the land.

Article VI
All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.
This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

George Soros has declared his intention to create a new world order through the suppression of the U.S. economy.
Quote:

http://sandrarose.com/2009/11/george-soros-plot-to-create-a-new-world-order-through-the-destruction-of-the-us-economy/
… George Soros … is a multibillionaire Globalist whose millions in political contributions financed Barack Obama’s campaign for president.
He is Obama’s biggest benefactor.
In this video, Soros basically tells America to stop resisting a New World Order and he’s hoping that China will lead the New World Order once the American economy [declines].
In other words, he’s telling us we should not resist the [decline] of our economy! … [Posted are] the highlights from his interview below in case you don’t have the time to watch the video. …
“…an orderly decline of the dollar is desirable”
“It’s ill-considered on the part of the United States to resist…”
“It is not necessarily in our interests to have the dollar as the sole world currency.”
“A decline in the value of the dollar is necessary in order to compensate for the fact that the U.S. economy will remain rather weak…”
“China will emerge as the motor replacing the U.S. consumer..”
“China will be the engine driving (the New World Order) forward, and the U.S. will be actually a drag that’s being pulled along through a gradual decline in the value of the dollar.”

The power to interpret the Constitution and its amendments as a "living document" interpretable according to contemporary values is not granted by the Constitution to any member or members of the federal government.

We must defend the Constitution of our Republic and our Capitalist economy against these attacks. We believe that requires that we:
(1) interpret the Constitution as amended in a manner equivalent to its meaning according those who adopted the Constitution and according to those who adopted each of its Amendments;
(2) monitor both pending bills and passed bills by our Congress to limit them to complying with both our Constitution and what will work in our Capitalist economy;
(3) impeach and remove President Barach Obama as quickly as we can in order to repeal the unconstitutional bills he has signed, and to minimize the consequences of his illegal executive orders;
(4) elect a conservative president in November 2012.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Sat 1 Jan, 2011 05:36 pm
@parados,
Oh ! I see. And we are going to fix that by imposing government management of the whole system - appointed brueaucrats, with zero responsibility for the financial outcomes, blithely writing rules for how medical practicioners and health insurers operate; new government entitlements for an ever growing segment of the population that provide free or heavily subsidized health care. This will ever further destroy and remaining market forces in our HC system - and we all know how blindingly effective are monopolist bureaucracies in reducing costs.

And of course they will never, never ration care or deny available services to anyone based on large-scale statistical measures of likely effectiveness; and they will equally never, never interpose themselves between individuals and their physicians in determining what may be best in individual cases.
ossobuco

Sat 1 Jan, 2011 06:00 pm
Somewhere on a2k, maybe even on this thread, Robert Gentel talked about the system in some countries where, instead of the government handling what is essentially paperwork and financial distribution (my words), the government ran hospitals/clinics. I don't remember any details, but I was very taken by his point of view. This still interests me. Likely pie in the sky re here in the USA, but interesting conceptually to me.

Anyone else remember that and what thread I might have read it in? It might have been a thread where he explained being sick himself at some point and talked about his treatment in a Costa Rican medical center. This was perhaps two years ago.
cicerone imposter

Sat 1 Jan, 2011 06:09 pm
@ossobuco,
Vaguely, and I think Costa Rica is correct.
0 Replies

okie

Sun 2 Jan, 2011 07:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
What you are missing is that many people also don't have the money to even do regular oil changes on their cars. What happens after their car breaks down is that they have other options such as walking or taking the bus.
If they can't do that, they are hopeless, ci. Besides, what happened to changing your own oil? I used to do that, which only costs the amount of the oil and a filter. What happened to doing stuff for yourself?

Incidentally, I quit changing oil on my cars every two to five thousand miles more than 30 years ago now. It depends upon how dusty the roads are that you drive as well as other driving conditions, but I think it is mostly a waste of oil, time, and money to change it all the time. I went to every 10,000, even 20,000 miles, with no detrimental effects to my vehicles. I did this after talking to an engineer that had observed research results at an oil company research facility a long time ago. I had a friend a couple of years ago that had over 500,000 miles on a Toyota that told me the same thing, he quit changing oil on that car at around 400,000 or less as I recall. Yes it smoked a little, but it was a dependable car for occasional use.

Disclaimer here, I am not a mechanic and I make no claim here as an expert, this is only my personal opinion, but its worked for me. Very Happy
cicerone imposter

Sun 2 Jan, 2011 08:42 pm
@okie,
No, not all people who cannot pay for oil change are hopeless people. They are humans trying to struggle with living.

When you became a conservative, where did you leave your heart?

Did you have one before? You sure don't have one now.
0 Replies

parados

Sun 2 Jan, 2011 08:43 pm
@georgeob1,
Nice strawman george. Do you want to discuss the real facts of the bill or do you want to continue to just make stuff up to argue against?
georgeob1

Sun 2 Jan, 2011 08:51 pm
@parados,
I was discussing "real facts" of the HC bill and the duplicitous way it was presented as a means of lowering our total health care cost. As we are discovering the many, largely unread and unanalyzed, provisions of the bill we are finding that even the required government budget outlays (state & federal) are far more than was estimated (The "forgotten" $16 billion required to expand the IRS' enforcement staff to police the insurance mandate is only one of the more laughable details. ) This of course has been the pattern with respect to nearly all Federal entitlement legislation.

Meanwhile the Administration is discovering many unworkable provisions of the act's restrictions on employer health care plans and is busily granting waviers to corporationsd large enough to hire government lobbyists. Smaller entrepreneurs get screwed.

You are merely, once again, evading an unfavorable (to you) turn in the discussion by attempting to define it out of the topic.
parados

Sun 2 Jan, 2011 08:54 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
As we are discovering the many, largely unread and unanalyzed, provisions of the bill we are finding that even the required government budget outlays (state & federal) are far more than was estimated.

And your numbers to back this up are where?

You make a lot of claims about numbers that don't seem to exist george. I hardly think it is niggling to ask for your numbers so we can examine them.
georgeob1

Sun 2 Jan, 2011 08:58 pm
@parados,
Well I cited a rather large one in the post. Have you noticed the number of state governments that are now objecting to their new obligations under a vastly expanded Medicaid program? Do you wonder why so many stated have joined lawsuits aimed at overthrowing many key provisions of the law?

Now shifting to the ole "burden of proof" trick?
parados

Sun 2 Jan, 2011 09:01 pm
@georgeob1,
No, I wonder about your numbers and sources that you can't give us.

I would love to see a source for you IRS costs.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Mon 3 Jan, 2011 11:42 am
GEORGE SOROS AND HIS DEMOCRAT PARTY EMPLOYEES, INCLUDING BARACK OBAMA, ARE ATTACKING AMERICA’S CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT AND AMERICA’S CAPITALIST ECONOMY

We must defend our Constitution and our economy against these attacks. We believe that requires Americans to:

(1) interpret the federal Constitution as amended in a manner equivalent to its meaning according those who adopted the Constitution and according to those who adopted each of its Amendments;
(2) monitor both pending bills and passed bills by our Congress to limit them to complying with both our Constitution and what will work in our capitalist economy;
(3) impeach and remove President Barach Obama as quickly as we can in order to minimize the consequences of his illegal executive orders;
(4) elect a conservative president in November 2012.

The power to interpret the Constitution and its amendments as a "living document" interpretable according to contemporary values is not granted by the Constitution to any member or members of the federal government.

Dinesh D'Souza in his published in 2010 book, THE ROOTS OF OBAMA'S RAGE, page 218, last two paragraphs, wrote:
It's time to act. Yes we need change, and this time the change we need is to change the man in the White House. America is not the rogue elephant: Obama is. It’s not a matter of putting him out of his misery; It's a matter of putting him out of our misery. We also have to get rid of his team of sycophants and enablers. I am thinking of Harry Reid, Chris Dodd, Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank: the entire liberal Democratic menagerie. Do all these enablers, or even his own private staff, know who Obama really is and what his goals really are? I suspect they do not, because Obama’s philosophy derives from his unique experience. So they are, in a way, dupes of Obama and his translation strategy; this would make Obama a true loner. But it makes no difference. The sycophants and enablers are the ones clearing the path for this Pied Piper, and we had better get rid of the whole crew before they take us off the cliff.

More than this, we need to ask ourselves how we got into this situation. We need to reexamine what it is to be an American. This means we must no longer respond so lethargically to the competitive challenges we face. Ronald Reagan once noted that the American national anthem is the only one in the world that ends with a question: "Oh say does that Star Spangled banner yet wave, o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?" Only we, through our resolution and through our action, can answer that question.

cicerone imposter

Mon 3 Jan, 2011 11:48 am
@ican711nm,
ican, Do you fear Soros or the Taliban more? Soros is an old man who happens to have money, but so does many in this world with much more wealth. The Taliban doesn't have as much money, but they play havoc with their bombings all around the world. Which do you fear more?

When and how does Soros and democrats attack our constitutional government? Please be specific in how they are destroying America's capitalistic economy.

Making statements without evidence is a foolish and stupid game.

Just like "death panels" and the "government takeover of health care." All lies.
ican711nm

Mon 3 Jan, 2011 12:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
George Soros and his Democrat Party appear to believe their ends justify their means.

George Soros in his 1995 book, page 145, Soros on Soros, I do not accept the rules imposed by others. If I did, I would not be alive today. I am a law-abiding citizen, but I recognize that there are regimes that need to be opposed rather than accepted. And in periods of regime change, the normal rules don't apply. One needs to adjust one's behavior to the changing circumstances.

George Soros has owned and directed the Democrat Party since December 2004.

"Sam Hananel in his associated Press article, December 10, 2004,"] On December 9, 2004, Eli Pariser, who headed Soros's group Moveon PAC, boasted to his members, "Now the Democratic Party is our party. We bought it, we own it."

Soros … pushed for the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002 which was intended to ban "soft money" contributions to federal election campaigns. Soros has responded that his donations to unaffiliated organizations do not raise the same corruption issues as donations directly to the candidates or political parties.

Soros gave $3 million to the Center for American Progress, committed $5 million to MoveOn, while he and his friend Peter Lewis each gave America Coming Together $10 million. (All were groups that worked to support Democrats in the 2004 election.)

George Soros has directed the members of the Democrat party to pass or continue legislation that violates the Constitution of the USA as lawfully amended. George Soros directed the federal government to adopt and/or continue the following such programs.

• Healthcare Reform:
http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/Industries/health-care-providers/center-for-health-solutions/health-care-reform/index.htm?id=USGoogle_hcreform_310&gclid=CKLi6PKDzKUCFUN66wodrlBmlA
National health reform is here. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the reconciliation bill are law. Together, they will trigger sweeping changes and disruptions — some rather quickly and some over many years.
http://www.naturalnews.com/026733_health_health_care_healthcare.html
What's really in Obama's health care reform bill? Almost no one knows, and here's why: It's 1,017 pages long and written in an alien form of bureaucratic English that can barely be decoded by earthlings.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2300451/posts
Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax."
• TARP:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubled_Assets_Relief_Program
The Troubled Asset Relief Program, commonly referred to as TARP, is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector which was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008. It is the largest component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis. …
• Stimulus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Recovery_and_Reinvestment_Act_of_2009
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, abbreviated ARRA (Pub.L. 111-5) and commonly referred to as the Stimulus or The Recovery Act, is an economic stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009.
• Fannie Mae
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_may
The Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) (OTCBB: FNMA), commonly known as Fannie Mae, was set up as a stockholder-owned corporation chartered by Congress in 1968 as a government-sponsored enterprise (GSE), ..
• Freddie Mac:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Mac
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC), known as Freddie Mac (OTCBB: FMCC), is a public government sponsored enterprise (GSE), headquartered in the Tyson's Corner CDP in unincorporated Fairfax County, Virginia. …

The Constitution does not delegate power to the federal government to transfer wealth from those who earned it to those who did not and do not earn it. The Constitution does specify that the federal government can take a person’s property to provide for the common defense and the general welfare of the United States.

Amendment X (1791)
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Amendment V (1791)
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment XIII (1865). Section 1.
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Article I. Section 8 (1789)
The Congress shall have power To lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; …

George Soros’s Democrat Party adoption and and/or continuation of the previously listed programs (Healthcare Reform, TARP, Stimulus, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) , are evidence that they are adhering to the enemies of the USA, giving them aid and comfort, and arethereby guilty of committing treason.

Article III (1791). Section 3.
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

The Constitution of the USA as amended is part of the supreme law of the land.

Article VI
All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.
This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

George Soros has declared his intention to create a new world order through the suppression of the U.S. economy.
Quote:

http://sandrarose.com/2009/11/george-soros-plot-to-create-a-new-world-order-through-the-destruction-of-the-us-economy/
… George Soros … is a multibillionaire Globalist whose millions in political contributions financed Barack Obama’s campaign for president.
He is Obama’s biggest benefactor.
In this video, Soros basically tells America to stop resisting a New World Order and he’s hoping that China will lead the New World Order once the American economy [declines].
In other words, he’s telling us we should not resist the [decline] of our economy! … [Posted are] the highlights from his interview below in case you don’t have the time to watch the video. …
“It is not necessarily in our interests to have the dollar as the sole world currency.”
“A decline in the value of the dollar is necessary in order to compensate for the fact that the U.S. economy will remain rather weak…”
“China will be the engine driving (the New World Order) forward, and the U.S. will be actually a drag that’s being pulled along through a gradual decline in the value of the dollar.”

cicerone imposter

Mon 3 Jan, 2011 12:32 pm
@ican711nm,
So does many conservatives who lie to the public such as "death panels" and "government takeover of health care."

No shame; they lie with impunity.
ican711nm

Mon 3 Jan, 2011 02:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
So does many conservatives who lie to the public such as "death panels" and "government takeover of health care."

No shame; they lie with impunity.

What is your evidence to support this assertion of yours?
Quote:

Highlights from Soros's interview:

cicerone imposter

Mon 3 Jan, 2011 02:30 pm
@ican711nm,
A simple Google search will answer your q.

Try FactCheck.
ican711nm

Mon 3 Jan, 2011 02:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone imposter, if you can, provide your own evidence yourself. Otherwise it would be logical to assume you do not have any.
cicerone imposter

Mon 3 Jan, 2011 03:06 pm
@ican711nm,
There is no way to prove your claims; it's not incumbent upon anybody else to prove what you post on a2k. That's your responsibility. You have never learned or understood logical arguments. You just post bull **** without knowing what you say; you're an idiot.