okie

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Are you suggesting he may not be a citizen at all?

That's a new one.

No, I'm not suggesting anything definite at all. I am suggesting that Obama's background is shrouded with many unanswered questions, and he has spent a ton of money on lawyers to try to hide information, so I find his background interesting, but I agree with you, I doubt we will ever see anything come of all the questions about it. I am not one of the "birthers" or whatever they are called. I doubt anything will ever come of their efforts to dig up something, and even if they did, the press and the Democrats would circle the wagons so completely that nothing would ever happen. And perhaps you are right, it doesn't matter at this point, but if in fact there was something to it, the law should be enforced to the letter.

I am not holding my breath every day in wait of further breaking news about Obama's past and his citizenship, but I will continue to monitor the situation from time to time, simply because I find it a fascinating and an interesting issue. I don't give it much chance, but there is still a very very small chance, maybe 5%, that something significant could yet come forth in regard to this. If you want to classify Obama's questionable citizenship as a conspiracy type theory, I think this one has much more to it than the vast majority of them that come down the pike.

I also think that if the same circumstances surrounded a Republican candidate and president, the mainstream media would be on it like chickens on grasshoppers.
hawkeye10

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:49 pm
Quote:
In the days since I suggested that President Obama's rhetorical style mimics feminine tropes, I've been informed of the following:

One, a black man cannot show anger in public lest he be considered an Angry Black Man.

Two, to suggest that a black man has any feminine characteristics, even when framed as an "evolutionary achievement," is to emasculate and reduce him to a figure from Jim Crow days.

These were the two most common complaints I heard in the column's wake. Some of those who wrote were polite, self-identifying African Americans who sort of agreed with my point but wanted to help me see things a different way. Others were not so civil.

Do I think people are too sensitive? Yes. Do I think I may have overstepped the line? No. It's a column, not a dissertation. And my thesis, bouncing off the notion that Bill Clinton was the first black president, is serious only insofar as you really think Clinton is black.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/02/AR2010070203335.html?hpid=opinionsbox1&sid=ST2010070204475

Damn Obama fans are thin skinned. Kinda reminds me of Obama actually....and the Clintons...and most Democrats.
0 Replies

parados

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 07:34 am
@okie,
So, okie if someone creates a false document to try to show a President lied about his past how do you think people should respond?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 01:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
The Republican Party has always been business oriented. To them, the business of America is business. They are always opposed to blue collar wage earners.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 01:25 pm
@georgeob1,
If private enterprise is the engine for job creation, why does private enterprise continually send jobs overseas?

To keep out illegal immigrants?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 01:26 pm
@okie,
Thank you.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 01:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Re: Cycloptichorn (Post 4193244)
Quote:
If Ras is usually +3-5% in favor of Republicans over ALL other pollsters - which they are
What is the source? The knock on him has been that he tends to ask the questions that makes the right look good, not that his numbers are wrong.

First, thank you for admitting that at least one pollster phrases his questions in order to manipulate the answer toward the right.

Second, if your questions are manipulated, of course, your numbers will be other than those presented by other pollsters.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 01:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Re: ican711nm (Post 4193312)
Pollster.com is a poll aggregator site. They don't do independent polling of their own.

How can you not understand that just by looking at it?

Why would you credit ican with understanding what he sees?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:33 pm
@parados,
Well, the reason why there are no records for Obama is obvious: he's a robot.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:35 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
But the notion of "dual citizenship" wasn't really well-developed in the 18th century -- indeed, the whole notion of "citizenship" was rather unsettled at that time. Nations, for instance, didn't start issuing passports until the late 19th century. The idea that the drafters of the constitution would have excluded someone with "dual citizenship" from being considered a "natural-born citizen" is, therefore, just another birther fantasy.

Then I would guess that the "originalists" and/or the "strict constructionists" must think a passport is unConstitutional.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:47 pm
@okie,
Quote:
After all, such may explain why Obama doesn't really act or talk like he is American, he is constantly apologizing for the country, and from the time he started campaigning, his entire mantra was wanting to change the country from what it was to some vague notion of what he wants it to be. So I think laws in regard to citizenship in order to run for president have very real and applicable reasons behind them.

Oh, I am sitting here, shaking my head.

The first sentence:

1. ) This sentence, like many, if not most, of okie's sentences, is a run-on.
2.) okie claims that Obama doesn't talk like an American. I am a Midwesterner who never lost her accent, despite living more than half of my life in New England. Barack, however, sounds so corn belt! His accent makes mine sound positively Mid-Atlantic! No one anywhere in the world speaks like a Midwestern American.

The second sentence:

1.) This sentence is even more syntactically confused than the first.
2.) This sentence also reveals how little okie knows, or understands, about law and the Constitution. As it is written, this sentence looks like a plea to change laws after the fact.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:49 pm
@okie,
Quote:
I am not alone in recognizing a good man in Michael Steele.

You do know that Michael Steele is a Negro, don't you?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 08:50 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Obama has laid full claim to this war

Right! So george bush has nothing whatsoever to do with Afghanistan?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 11:13 pm
POM has spewed 10 consecutive posts, of late, to this thread.

10!

Either she stutters or....
plainoldme

Sun 4 Jul, 2010 03:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Or, she has a life and only comes here once or twice a week.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Mon 5 Jul, 2010 01:09 pm
Barack Obama and his Administration are unlawfully taking away our Property, our Liberty under the Law, our Constitutional Government, and our Capitalist Economy.

Specifically, they have unlawfully:
1. taken private property from those persons and from those organizations who have lawfully earned it, and given it to those persons and organizations who have not lawfully earned it;
2. adopted an unconstitutional health care bill;.
3. violated their oaths to defend the US Constitution by exercising powers forbidden by the Constitution;
4. suppressed evidence of Barach Obama’s true place of birth, and violated the Constitutional provision (Article II, Section 1, 5th paragraph) that a President of the United States shall be a natural born citizen of the United States.

Amendment V. No person shall be … deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Article II. Section 1. The President … before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Article VI. The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution.

Article II. Section 4. The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

Suppose in November we elect conservative majorities to both the House and Senate that are less than two-thirds majorities, and who want to rescue and secure our Individual Liberty under the Law, our Constitutional Government, and our Capitalist Economy. Further suppose that both of these majorities have the following specific objectives:
1. Rescind Obama Health Care;
2. Make the 2010 Income Tax permanent until replaced by a fairer and simpler income tax system;
3. Rescind all illegal Obama spending programs;
4. Permit drilling for oil in 19 hundred of the 19 million acres of ANWR;
5. Close our borders to illegal immigration.

These objectives can only be achieved if President Obama were first to be impeached. He must be removed if he were to subsequently veto achievement of these objectives. Furthermore, Barack Obama must be prevented from continuing to unlawfully implement some of his objectives by executive order, when he cannot convince Congress to pass laws that permit meeting his objectives.
cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Jul, 2010 08:01 am
@ican711nm,
ican, You need to learn how to properly read and interpret the Constitution. It will simplify your life.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Tue 6 Jul, 2010 12:22 pm
@ican711nm,
You do understand that a Presidential veto can be overturned by congress, with a 2/3 vote to overturn.

So, if conservatives do retake the congress, they can attempt to overturn any of his veto's.

You are constantly spewing the same thing, overf and over.
I seriously doubt if you have any knowledge of what the Constitution says, based on some of what you have written.

Am I a conservative? Yes, I am.
However, I dont believe that you are, because of what you keep posting.
If you are, you are not the same type of conservative that I am, and I want no part of whatever "conservatism" that you believe.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Cycloptichorn

Tue 6 Jul, 2010 01:14 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:
Yes indeed! I repeat my arguments. Truth disagreed with deserves repetiton.

The Mods disagree with you, as you can see. Don't waste our time spamming the thread with the same posts over and over!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies