H2O MAN

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:34 am
@plainoldme,

You are just one of the 'thin skinned little girls' I am speaking of.
plainoldme

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:35 am
@H2O MAN,
Uncertain whether to answer, "takes one to know one" or "clarity?"
plainoldme

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:37 am
@H2O MAN,
Actually, H2O, we aren't thin-skinned but we are bored with the lack of content in your posts and with their sameness.
H2O MAN

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:41 am
@plainoldme,

You liberals post pre-packaged talking points that lack originality, logic and personal input.

You are all acting like whining little girls.
H2O MAN

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:42 am
@plainoldme,

You are clearly uncertain about many things... probably due to your lack of intelligence and understanding.
djjd62

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:44 am
wow

this is some riveting discourse Razz
H2O MAN

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:54 am
@djjd62,

She is good for a laugh or two.
0 Replies

Advocate

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:56 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Interesting post. Many liberals do claim to be "independent." Many liberals have a hard time making a stand, so they would rather be seen as fence riders.

To clarify things for us, would you care to explain yourself a bit better, you may be an independent in terms of party affiliation, yes or no, or are you a registered Democrat? More importantly, in regard to actual political philosophy, are you more liberal or more conservative, what would be your claim? Did you vote for Obama, and how enthusiastic was your vote? That would tell us much about your political philosophy.

Many conservatives claim to be independents. I live in the South, where many so-called Dems hate civil rights, health-care reform, financial reform, and anything else favored by the libs. They would not think of voting for a Dem. They go back to when, because of the Dem's push for civil rights, most of these so-called Dems actually switched to the Rep party, which welcomed them with open arms.
dyslexia

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 10:56 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

wow

this is some riveting discourse Razz
yeah, reminds me of the Lincoln Douglas debates.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:13 pm
@Magginkat,
And you know nothing about what a conservative thinks or what being a conservative means. Notice I said CONSERVATIVE and not repub.

IMHO they are 2 different things.

So I guess that makes the 2 of you even.
mysteryman

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:42 pm
I notice that only 2 of the people in the cabinet today have military experience.
1 of them only did 2 years in the reserves.

How is this admin able to understand war and how to fight it if only 2 of them are vets?
Gargamel

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 12:46 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
You liberals post pre-packaged talking points that lack originality

Haha. Says the macaw whose cage sits atop a TV that plays Fox News and Hee Haw all day long.
0 Replies

okie

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:11 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

"I'm here to fight for truth, and justice, and the American way."

That tells us nothing, Rockhead. Everyone could say that, but what philosophy do you believe best fights for truth, justice, and the American Way. Also, how you define the "American Way" would vary greatly from a liberal to conservative viewpoint. And in regard to "justice," virtually every communist dictator has espoused "social justice," so your statement could be as much a red flag as it is something to be proud of. The Marxist view of social justice essentially involves taking from the people that worked and earned something to give it to those people that did not, in an attempt to bring about equal outcomes. Such social justice involving a vision of equal outcomes is in sharp contrast to the American constitutional principles of equal opportunities. In fact, Obama talks about justice, or social justice, which to me is not something great unless one knows more about the details of his view of what defines justice and then how to achieve it. In other words, if stealing is required to achieve somebody's view of justice, then it is not really justice in my opinion.

So back to the questions I asked, Rockhead, how come you find it so difficult to be forthcoming in your answers of questions that are plain and easily understood, but instead choose to be evasive and non-commital?
Rockhead

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:22 pm
@okie,
because I fail to take you seriously...

and your consorts are maroons.

(see below)
ican711nm

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:22 pm
Here is more evidence that the Odem (i.e., Obama democrats) are lying thieving gangsters working to reduce our Liberty under the rule of law, our Constitutional Government, and our Capitalist Economy.

Quote:

http://www.takebackmedicine.com/truthserum/2010/5/28/the-illegal-infection.html
The Illegal Infection
Friday, May 28, 2010 at 7:06PM

Last night, a local candidate for Congress held a public meeting. The topic: Illegal Immigration and the Arizona-Mexico border. What I learned from the panel of experts was enlightening. The discussion also triggered a 'light bulb' about a topic I have NOT heard discussed (more about that later in this blog).

The panelists addressing the problem were: Sheriff Joe Arpaio (who, before speaking, received a standing ovation from the standing-room-only crowd), Dr. Gary Thrasher, DVM, Ranch Owner and Veterinarian, who lives and works on the Arizona-Mexico border, Rudi Kellner, Radio Talk Show Host (Main Street Out Loud, 960 AM), Lee Earle, Az. Project 2010 (Recruiting and Developing Conservative Candidates), and Neville Cramer, INS Special Agent-In-Charge (Retired).

What did we learn?

We were informed that Charles Schumer (D-NY) and Barney Frank (D-Ma), among others, had told one of the panelists that ‘the border will never be closed.’ ‘Even if you find fraud, it won’t matter.’ We were also told that some of the most powerful special interest groups that are doing their best to make sure that the border remains porous, for a variety of reasons, are: The AARP, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the Restaurant Association, Churches, and Homebuilders. They Do NOT want immigration controlled!

These knowledgeable panelists urged We the People to get involved, to get to know our Senators and Representatives, and to hold their feet to the fire.

What ISN’T generally discussed where illegals are concerned? Leprosy, for one. Tuberculosis, for two.

World Net Daily 3/28/10 “…the increasing number of illegal aliens coming into the United States is forcing the closure of hospitals, spreading previously vanquished diseases and threatening to destroy America's prized health-care system, says a report in the spring issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, vol. 10, no. 1, Spring, 2005).

"The influx of illegal aliens has serious hidden medical consequences," writes [the late] Madeleine Pelner Cosman, author of the report. "We judge reality primarily by what we see. But what we do not see can be more dangerous, more expensive, and more deadly than what is seen."

According to her study, 84 California hospitals were closing their doors as a direct result of the rising number of illegal aliens and their non-reimbursed tax on the system.

"Anchor babies," the author writes, "born to illegal aliens instantly qualify as citizens for welfare benefits and have caused enormous rises in Medicaid costs and stipends under Supplemental Security Income and Disability Income."

In addition, the report says, "many illegal aliens harbor fatal diseases that American medicine fought and vanquished long ago, such as drug-resistant tuberculosis, malaria, leprosy, plague, polio, dengue, and Chagas disease."

"Today, legal immigrants must demonstrate that they are free of communicable diseases and drug addiction to qualify for lawful permanent residency green cards," writes Cosman, a medical lawyer, who formerly taught medical students at the City University of New York. "Illegal aliens simply cross our borders medically unexamined, hiding in their bodies any number of communicable diseases."

“Many illegals entering this country have tuberculosis, according to the report.”

“Other health threats from illegals include, according to the report:

Chagas disease, also called American trypanosomiasis or "kissing bug disease," is transmitted by the reduviid bug, which prefers to bite the lips and face. The protozoan parasite that it carries, Trypanosoma cruzi, infects million[s of] people annually in Latin America and causes [thousands of] deaths. The disease also infiltrates America's blood supply. Chagas affects blood transfusions and transplanted organs. No cure exists. Hundreds of blood recipients may be silently infected.

Leprosy, also known as Hansen's disease, was so rare in America that in 40 years only 900 people were afflicted. From 2002 to 2005 [many additional cases were reported in] America [according to Cosman]. Leprosy now is endemic to northeastern states because illegal aliens and other immigrants brought leprosy from India, Brazil, the Caribbean and Mexico. [This is a mutilating, infectious disease, which often destroys digits and noses. Circa 1978, I diagnosed a case of Leprosy in a Mexican who came to my dermatology office. He never returned for a follow up visit. While I reported him to the Board of Health, I do not know 'the rest of the story' " ed]

Dengue fever is exceptionally rare in America, though common in Ecuador, Peru, Vietnam, Thailand, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Mexico. Recently, according to the report, there was a virulent outbreak of dengue fever in Webb County, Texas, which borders Mexico. Though dengue is usually not a fatal disease, dengue hemorrhagic fever routinely kills. [It is also excruciatingly painful. Hence the eponym, “Break Bone Fever” " Ed.]

Polio was eradicated from America, but now reappears in illegal immigrants as do intestinal parasites, says the report.

Malaria was obliterated, but now is re-emerging in Texas.

The Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons report includes a strong prescription for protecting the health of Americans:

Closing America's borders with fences, high-tech security devices and troops.

Rescinding the U.S. citizenship of "anchor babies."

Punishing the aiding and abetting of illegal aliens as a crime.
An end to amnesty programs.

If you want things to get worse, don’t just DO something, SIT there.

Joseph M. Scherzer, M.D.

(The extensive quotes from the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons are used with the permission of the AAPS)

We shall lawfully remove the Odem from our federal government.

okie

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:23 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Many conservatives claim to be independents. I live in the South, where many so-called Dems hate civil rights, health-care reform, financial reform, and anything else favored by the libs. They would not think of voting for a Dem. They go back to when, because of the Dem's push for civil rights, most of these so-called Dems actually switched to the Rep party, which welcomed them with open arms.

It was the Republicans that first pushed civil rights, starting with Abraham Lincoln. Another important proponent was Dwight D. Eisenhower. It was later when Democrats realized they could gain voters by promising handouts or "throwing a bone" now and then, as LBJ, the racist, said.

As far as "independents," it is my view that the term fits people that don't have the backbone or desire to make a stand for what they really believe. Or they are merely confused and do not know what they believe. The term "moderate" is another term for some of those people.
0 Replies

okie

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:26 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

because I fail to take you seriously...

and your consorts are maroons.

(see below)

It is beginning to appear that you don't have a clue what you believe. You sure haven't mustered a credible effort to explain it yet.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:28 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:
(The extensive quotes from the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons are used with the permission of the AAPS)

Per wikipedia,

Quote:
The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit organization founded in 1943.

It is not a doctor's organization. It is an ultra-right wing organization who was founded by the John Birch society members.

Regarding the quotes from Cosman,

Quote:
Leprosy errors

In a 2005 article published in the Journal, Madeleine Cosman argued that illegal immigrants were carriers of disease, and that immigrants and "anchor babies" were launching a "stealthy assault on [American] medicine."[55] In the article, Cosman claimed that "Suddenly, in the past 3 years America has more than 7,000 cases of leprosy" because of illegal aliens.[55] The journal's leprosy claim was cited and repeated by Lou Dobbs as evidence of the dangers of illegal immigration.[51][56]

However, publicly available statistics show that the 7,000 cases of leprosy occurred during the past 30 years, not the past 3 as Cosman claimed.[57]
James L. Krahenbuhl, director of the U.S. government's leprosy program, stated that there had been no significant increase in leprosy cases, and that "It [leprosy] is not a public health problem"that’s the bottom line."[56] National Public Radio reported that the Journal article "had footnotes that did not readily support allegations linking a recent rise in leprosy rates to illegal immigrants."[51] The article's erroneous leprosy claim was pointed out by 60 Minutes,[58] National Public Radio,[51] and the New York Times[56] but has not been corrected by the Journal.

So, yeah. Full of **** as usual. You ought to check these sources before posting here.

Cycloptichorn
Butrflynet

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 02:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Laughing
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 2 Jun, 2010 02:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hey, at least we are literate enough to read.
0 Replies