cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 11:04 am
@okie,
okie, It's not about any individual in any party. This may shock you, but there are all races, cultures, religious beliefs, professions, genders in all parties. Some are even racial bigots.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 11:10 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Evidently Cyclo believes there has been no loss of support for the president's health care initiative, and that it is categorically impossible for Congress to pass a Bill that concentrates excesive authority in government.
Cycloptichorn

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 11:22 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Evidently Cyclo believes there has been no loss of support for the president's health care initiative, and that it is categorically impossible for Congress to pass a Bill that concentrates excesive authority in government.

How inaccurate; I believe the loss of support has been primarily amongst those who support the plan, but are frustrated with the Dems' inability to get it pushed through. If you bothered to look at actual polling data, you might understand stuff like this, because this is exactly what the current polls reflect - people who are giving the prez negative ratings are still supporting individual components of the plan, including the Public Option, quite strongly.

I think the term 'excessive authority' is generally not best used by Republicans, who have a skewed view of what is excessive and what isn't.

Cycloptichorn
georgeob1

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 11:35 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I believe the loss of support has been primarily amongst those who support the plan, but are frustrated with the Dems' inability to get it pushed through. Cycloptichorn

In the first place I specifically referred to the loss of support for the Health care Plan now wending its way through Congress - not the President himself.

In the second, the sentence above merits preservation if only because of its inherent absurdity.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 03:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Who's fault do you think it is?

Obama shares the blame with the radical right.

The radical right is spreading misinformation, and Obama is doing nothing to counter it.

When someone spreads lies, and you do nothing to counter them, what else are the people to believe?
If Obama wanted to, he could counter the lies by simply stating what he will and will not accept in the plan.
Right now there are too many different bills with too many different plans for anyone to know whats going on.
Diest TKO

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 03:27 pm
@mysteryman,
I'm hoping his speech to congress on the 9th will be what is needed to clear the air and explain exactly what's up.

I have little doubt however, that no matter how many myths he clears up, the propaganda on the false myths will continue to be spread.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Debra Law

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 03:49 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
The radical right is spreading misinformation, and Obama is doing nothing to counter it.

When someone spreads lies, and you do nothing to counter them, what else are the people to believe?

mysteryman: Why are YOU spreading lies? Why do you allege Obama is doing nothing to counter the misinformation campaign?

Obama Debunks Healthcare Lies: Weekly Address

DontTreadOnMe

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 04:12 pm
@Debra Law,
i have to agree with mystery to an extent, deb.

although i feel like obama hasn't done ENOUGH* to counter the misinfo. he needs to go bigger. (* all caps for emphasis, not hysterics Wink )

i mean, day-umm, he's the president. dude. get on the phone. tell the networks you want 30 minutes everyday at the same time to go over it like in this video, only real time for 2 weeks. use graphs. use charts. use menus. whatever it takes.

seriously. even little kids have heard the phrase, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 04:42 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DTOM, I agree with your assessment; Obama has not spoken out enough about all the lies and innuendos spread by the right wing and health insurance industry.

It's already done it's damage.
DontTreadOnMe

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 04:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
i applaud obama's attempts to jettison the partisan stuff. i had really hoped it would work. but i guess we are still there.

so i guess it all comes down to, do we get tough, move forward and make progress as a people and a country, or do we just give up and party like it's 1899 ?
cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 05:03 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
The sad part and irony of Obama's attempts to work with the right side of the isle is that they keep stabbing Obama in the back with misinformation, lies, and innuendos, because they were paid millions by the health insurance industry. I think I heard one republican senator received over $2 million from the health insurance companies. He already sold his ethics and his soul.
mysteryman

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 05:05 pm
@Debra Law,
A weekly radio address as opposed to constant, daily, assault by the radical right.

Gee, that sure is going all out to counter the attacks.
Thats like using a bb gun to stop a tank.
Sure you are fighting back, but you arent accomplishing anything.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 05:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's some other "news" about the republicans in congress:
Quote:

Health Insurance Reform Daily Mythbuster: GOP “Fact” Sheet
August 6th, 2009 by Office of the Speaker

Health insurance reform opponents, like Republican Congressman Eric Cantor, continue to spread myths about components of America’s Affordable Health Choices Act. Labeled “key facts” the fact sheet sent by Cantor’s office to each member of Congress simply peddles already disproven myths and celebrates the analysis of a discredited insurance industry pawn.

Myth: “Independent analysis by the Lewin Group shows that 2 out of every 3 people would lose their current coverage, including up to 114 million people who receive health benefits through their employer or other current coverage if a government-run plan ‘competes’ with private companies.” - Congressman Cantor’s “Key Facts”

Fact: While news reports have discredited the Lewin Group as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the insurance industry, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) confirmed the provisions in America’s Affordable Health Choices Act would result in dramatically increased coverage without crowding out private insurance. The CBO also says the bill would:

Lead to an increase in employer sponsored insurance coverage: “We estimate that about 12 million people who would not be enrolled in an employment-based plan under current law would be covered by one in 2016…”

Not crowd out private health insurance: “CBO does not anticipate a substantial shift from private insurance to Medicaid.”

Not lead to inflated public option enrollment, in fact, private plans would be dominant in marketplace. The CBO projects only about 10 to 11 million individuals in the public option by 2019.

Several of the bill’s measures could lead to decreased costs for the average consumer (e.g. encouraging healthy consumers to purchase insurance, reducing the “cost shift” of the uninsured, and reforms to Medicare).

Far from “independent,” the Lewin Group has been widely discredited and is wholly owned by one of the nation’s largest insurers.

The Washington Post reported the group is a “wholly owned by UnitedHealth Group, one of the nation’s largest insurers,” that is “part of Ingenix, a UnitedHealth subsidiary that was accused by the New York attorney general and the American Medical Association of helping insurers shift medical expenses to consumers by distributing skewed data… In January, UnitedHealth agreed to a $50 million settlement with the New York attorney general and a $350 million settlement with the AMA, covering conduct going back as far as 1994.”

Myth: “Medicare Services For Seniors Will Be Cut To Pay For Government Takeover.” - Congressman Cantor’s “Key Facts”

Fact: While achieving new efficiencies, fighting fraud, and ending wasteful overpayments to Medicare Advantage providers, America’s Affordable Health Choices Act includes several key provisions that improve Medicare benefits and health care for seniors, including the following:

Strengthens Medicare upon which millions of seniors rely. Preserving all of the choices in Medicare of doctors and hospitals that seniors have now and highly value.

Provides a permanent fix to Medicare payments to doctors. Ensuring that seniors can keep the doctor they have now by ensuring that doctors in Medicare receive fair and appropriate reimbursements for their services, rather than facing steep cuts in payments.

Ensures that millions of seniors will save hundreds of dollars on their prescription drugs by phasing in completely filling in the “donut hole” in the Medicare prescription drug benefit (where drug costs are not reimbursed at certain levels).

Computerizes medical records so seniors won’t have to take the same test over and over or relay their entire medical history every time they see a new provider.

Extends solvency of Medicare by 5 years or more.

That is why the AARP, the Center for Medicare Advocacy, along with many other organizations, are supporting the reform effort. AARP:

We are pleased by the House TriCommittee’s health care reform bill, which makes important strides towards making sure that every American has access to affordable, quality health care choices…… Those of our members in Medicare pay close to 30% of their incomes on out-of-pocket expenses and they deserve relief, especially in the prescription drug doughnut hole, where they get no benefit while paying premiums. This bill would make great strides for all of our members and their families.

Myth: “Record High Taxes To Be Paid By Small Businesses.” - Congressman Cantor’s “Key Facts”

Fact: Small businesses benefit enormously from America’s Affordable Health Choices Act. The bill would:

Exempt most small firms from shared responsibility to cover workers. 76 percent of all businesses are exempt altogether from the employer responsibility requirements. An additional 7 percent of larger firms would pay a graduated rate of 2 to 6 percent if they do not offer coverage. More than 72 percent of firms with payrolls of $250,000 to $500,000 and less than 250 employees already offer worker health coverage today " and will have better and more affordable options under the bill.

Not impact 96% of small businesses at all with surcharge"and of the remaining 4% of owners, half earn less than 1/3rd of the income from that small business"and are more likely to be wealthy investors with some small business income. For the remaining 2% affected, the plan would only place a small surcharge a portion of their net profits.

Reform dramatically reduces small business health costs. The Small Business Majority recently released a report that showed that without reform, small businesses will pay nearly $2.4 trillion in health care costs over the next 10 years. If health insurance reform is enacted, the report found that small businesses could save as much as $855 billion over 10 years, nearly 36 percent. This money can be reinvested in the business and jobs.

That is why employers of all sizes are supporting the America’s Affordable Health Choices Act. The Main Street Alliance, a small business group, supports the bill because it:

will help make America’s small business more competitive by giving them greater control over one of the most costly and unpredictable aspects of doing business: the spiraling costs of providing quality health coverage.

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 6th, 2009 at 6:47 pm by Office of the Speaker and is filed under Consumer Protections, Affordable Health Care, Correcting the Record. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.

0 Replies

mysteryman

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 05:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So the Dems that have received money from the health care industry have also sold their souls and their ethics, is that it?
realjohnboy

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 05:13 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
I agree that President Obama has come across as weak on the health reform issues.
His administration looked back to when President Clinton wrote a bill and had Hillary lead the charge to get it passed by Congress. Everyone had a problem with some part of it. It died and the Dems paid dearly in the next off-year election.
Mr Obama presented a broad outline for a bill this time around and invited Congress to negotiate the details. But the chances for any kind of meaningful reform look bleak, right now. Conservative Repubs and liberal Dems would just as soon, for different reasons, see the whole issue shelved until after the 2010 Congressional elections.
Mr Obama will be addressing a joint session of Congress next Wed. He has got to convince them (and their constituents) that something has got to be done in managing health care costs.
It will probably be his last chance to make his case.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 05:16 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

So the Dems that have received money from the health care industry have also sold their souls and their ethics, is that it?

I'd say that's pretty accurate, starting primarily with one Max Baucus

Cycloptichorn
spendius

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 05:21 pm
As it is all so pointless because it is not possible I assume it is to do with distracting attention.
0 Replies

okie

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:08 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

mysteryman: Why are YOU spreading lies? Why do you allege Obama is doing nothing to counter the misinformation campaign?

Obama Debunks Healthcare Lies: Weekly Address

Nothings worse than the president himself lying when he is claiming he is debunking lies. That is lower than low. The man is pathetic. Has he even read the House bill yet?
okie

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:41 pm
Here we go, how ridiculous is this? Let the Hollywooders pledge to Obama, leave the rest of us out of it.

cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:46 pm
@okie,
okie, You've actually read the house bill? Let me clue you into something you do not seem to be aware of; the house bill is still not finished; it's still a work in progress. Also, I know for sure that your interpretation of whatever you read is wrong. That conclusion is easily arrived at by your inability to comprehend the English language like everybody else. You've been challenged by almost everybody who has responded to your posts that your interpretations are wrong. With so many challenging your opinions, doesn't it make you wonder whether you actually grasp the English language properly?

Maybe not.

You wrote:
Quote:
Nothings worse than the president himself lying when he is claiming he is debunking lies.

That could be true, but you haven't shown what he said that is a lie. All you've done is make general accusations without showing the evidence of those lies. YOu never seem to provide support for any of your claims; just your imagination at work without an ounce of facts.