okie

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:50 am
Rasmussen approval ratings hit new low today for Obama, 46%.

"Overall, 46% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. That’s the lowest level of total approval yet measured for Obama. "

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
0 Replies

revel

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:53 am
Okie I know you know that Rasmussen Reports have been consistently lower than all other polling reports since Obama has been in office.

Real Clear politics which has the main polling places has Obama at average of 51.2.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Foxfyre

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 10:16 am
@revel,
The RCP average, however, spans a much longer period than Rasmussen that polls daily and reports an average of the last three days of polling. Rasmussen also focuses on likely voters only while many of the other polls do not It has been interesting to me to see how those who poll likely voters usually come out within a percentage point or two of Rasmussen for their current poll and often lower because of Rasmussens rolling three-day average.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 10:18 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

RCP, however, spans a much longer period than Rasmussen that polls daily and reports an average of the last three days of polling. Rasmussen also focuses on likely voters only while many of the other polls do not. It has been interesting to me to see how those who poll likely voters usually come out within a percentage point or two of Rasmussen for their current poll.

'Likely voters,' per Rasmussen, as folks who trend more Republican, big time.

Ras also uses as Dem-Republican weighting which is far more generous to the Republican party than any other pollster.

Cycloptichorn
Foxfyre

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 10:20 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Rasmussen targets likely voters based on the reported number of people registered to each party--they poll more Democrats than Republicans as there are more registered Democrats than registered Republians--and they use unaffiliated voters for the balance. So their percentages are based on the reported demographics of the American people as a whole. He also reports the results from each voting group - GOP - Dem - Independent. If he weighted his polls to favor the GOP, the results would be far different than what he produces and other polls wouldn't be coming in now and then lower than Rasmussen.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 10:22 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Rasmussen targets likely voters based on the reported number of people registered to each party--they poll more Democrats than Republicans as there are more registered Democrats than registered Republians--and they use unaffiliated voters for the balance. So their percentages are based on the reported demographics of the American people as a whole.

Yeah, that's what I said - more generous to the Republican party than any other pollster. Because, and you may have not noticed this somehow, there are large numbers of registered Republicans who aren't voting for Republicans any longer, and don't self-identify with the party any longer.

This is why self-identification polls performed on a regular basis are more accurate than going by registration.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 10:39 am
@FreeDuck,
That's an understatement! Obama had a recession plus the two wars to contend with the Bush created. Bush went into office with a surplus, but immediately gave tax cuts while increasing the national debt.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who's doing the better job in their first year in office. Conservatives like to look at poll numbers that doesn't explain anything, and proves their inability to look at the facts.
Foxfyre

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 10:51 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Baloney. If your theory was correct, Rasmussen would be way off the mark compared to other legitimate polls. He isn't. In fact, as stated, because of his rolling averages, he often has Obama rated higher in approval than say a Gallup poll or Quinnipac on any given day the other pollsters complete a poll.

Obama's halo is fast losing its luster as more and more people resent and/or fear a government that appears to be spiraling further and further out of control. If he turns that around, then his approval ratings go up.
okie

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 11:12 am
@Foxfyre,
Rasmussen his proven credibility by the track record, but regardless, Rasmussen is not far off of other polls now, which has Obama down to around 50%. Rasmussen is at 46% today, but that is the lowest yet recorded, so in the past few days it has bounced around 47 to 50%. The truth is Obama has lost his luster and is in danger of losing enough points so that he will not be able to further his agenda. I sincerely hope he cannot further his agenda. Rasmussen has 42% now that "strongly disapprove" of Obama, and if this goes higher, it will continue to represent an increasing and very sizeable percentage of the people that are becoming very galvanized in their opposition to Obama and his initiatives.

I really do not believe time and information is not on Obama's side, because at America's core, it does not support Obama policies and mindset. So as people gain more information on who Obama is and what he wants, I think public opinion will continue to turn against him. Essentially his election was an abberation, based upon media hype. His qualifications are scarce to none.
cicerone imposter

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 11:16 am
@okie,
okie, By your own admission, you know that Ras rates Obama lower, and that's the only reason you "love" to use his poll numbers.

Your reality rests on your extreme bias on most things you opine, and most of us see it as worthless gibberish, because it deviates from the "mainstream."

That's what extremists do.
okie

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 11:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
He does rate Obama lower, yes, I admit that, but Rasmussen has a very good track record in predicting percentages in the presidential elections, so there is nothing radical about that at all. You are full of nonsense, ci. Besides, Gallup as an example and Rasmussen are only about 5 points apart, which is almost within the margin of error, big deal.
cicerone imposter

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 11:21 am
@okie,
"The only five points apart" is what you love to post on a2k, because it's lower.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 01:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
When will you actually start to admit that the economy, the wars, and everything else are Obama's problems?

When will you finally admit that since Obama is the POTUS, he alone is responsible?

When will you admit that his economic plans and actions are to blame for whatever mess there is?
Since Obama is actively seeking to INCREASE the number of troops in Afghanistan, when will you admit that its his war?

Or, are you going to blame Bush for everything that Obama does during his entire administration?
mysteryman

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 02:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Conservatives like to look at poll numbers that doesn't explain anything, and proves their inability to look at the facts.

OK, lets look at some FACTS.
How about the national debt?
On 1/20/2009, when Obama took office it was $10,626,877,048,913.08
On 8/28/09, it was $11,718,758,941,630.90
An increase of $1,091,881,892,717.82

Thats a 1 trillion $ increase in 7 months.
That is a FACT, and Obama is responsible for that.
Do you deny the fact that the debt has gone up?

The unemployment rate now is over 9% and rising,but Obama said his stimulus plan would stop it before it got that high.
That is also a FACT.
Do you deny that?

Those are just 2 FACTS for you to look at, and admit that they are true.
OR, you can deny them and say that they are the repubs fault, but that would be a lie and you know it.

So, the choice is yours.
0 Replies

roger

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 02:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

okie, By your own admission, you know that Ras rates Obama lower, and that's the only reason you "love" to use his poll numbers.

I don't really care about the percentage of approval reported by any poll. The real question is whether a poll is consistant, and accurately shows a trend. I believe Rasmussen meets both standards.
dyslexia

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 02:28 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Perhaps.... until Diane fell asleep. Then what?
georgeob. I take it you have forgotten Diane is a confirmed DEMOCRAT.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 03:02 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

When will you finally admit that since Obama is the POTUS, he alone is responsible?

He may not be responsible for CAUSING the problems (and not many will say that he is, and those that do (at least right now) need to have their heads checked); but as President, he IS responsible for finding solutions. And that is what he's being judged on right now.

People expect problems from our government and in the country in general; what they hold people accountable to is the response to those problems.

Obama volunteered and ran for the President and WON by convincing the public that HIS solutions were the best for America. If he cannot implement his solutions, or they turn out to not be the best for America, HE will suffer and be blamed, NOT Bush.

And in my mind, that's how it should be.
cicerone imposter

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 03:08 pm
@maporsche,
Most "experts" on finance have said that the stim bill has already helped our economy - even though most Americans have not seen the improvement in their own lives. I believe consumer confidence has improved dramatically from last year; a good sign that more people have faith that our economy is on the mends.
DrewDad

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 03:15 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
Or, are you going to blame Bush for everything that Obama does during his entire administration?

That's funny. Especially since the Republican refrain for the previous eight years was, "but, but, but, CLINTON!"
maporsche

Mon 31 Aug, 2009 03:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's going to take me several years before I trust any experts CI.

The fact that they all missed the worst recession since the GD makes them ALL suspect in my book.

Personally, my attitude about the economy has perked up, not because I think it's improved at all or that the stimulus bill has made any impact; but simply because 8 months is a long time to be upset or pessismistic about anything. This is the new normal, and it's hard to stay mad or 'down' about something that's been going on for so long.