cicerone imposter

Sun 31 May, 2009 10:18 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O, It's too bad you fail to understand that those polls INCLUDES conservatives/republicans. They're also included in those polls.
H2O MAN

Sun 31 May, 2009 10:22 am
@cicerone imposter,

It's too bad you fail to understand how to post and edit without double posting.

You say others are included in the polling... what % of those polled are not Obamabots?
cicerone imposter

Sun 31 May, 2009 10:59 am
@H2O MAN,
No. Believe it or not they are "Americans." That includes all political and religious types. I know that's news to you, but it's because you have your head in that dark place where no light shines.
H2O MAN

Sun 31 May, 2009 11:07 am
@cicerone imposter,

Let me put it another way... what % of those polled are not Obamabots?
realjohnboy

Sun 31 May, 2009 11:13 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

You say others are included in the polling... what % of those polled are not Obamabots?

It looks to me, carefully analyzing the Rasmussen polling, that 26% STRONGLY DISAPPROVE of the President's performance and 41% somewhat DISAPPROVE. So the answer to your question probably lies between 26% and 41%. Say 33%. That would suggest 67% approve to some degree.
You do realize, I hope, that Rasmussen is viewed as having a conservative bias?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 31 May, 2009 11:14 am
100%, Nonexistent entity. Pure rightwing fantasy.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 31 May, 2009 11:49 am
@H2O MAN,
Just because you label everybody "Obamabots" doesn't say much about your observations or naming of Americans who agree with Obama's actions to improve our economy. If you had the ability to understand math or the concept of percentages, you would understand that Obama's rating must include conservatives who agree with his actions.

You are one of those extreme right-wingers who can't discern what's best for this country or know how to articulate the right-wing negative rhetoric that has no evidence or explanations for them. After all, you guys belong to the "No Party." That does explain everything about you.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sun 31 May, 2009 02:43 pm
Good afternoon to yall.
President Obama's nomination of Judge Sotomayor seems to be dividing the GOP even more than it already was. Staunch conservatives like Rush and Newt have called her a racist etc. One GOP congressmember claims that the fact that she puts the accent on the last syllable of her name proves she is not a true American. I may be making that up.
My question to the Repubs here goes like this: The leaders of the party don't want to alienate women, Hispanics or younger more moderate Repubs. Their move to the middle will alienate the right wing. Can yall still be comfortable in the GOP? Will there be candidates in the 2010 mid-terms or in 2012 seeking to reclaim the ideals? Thank you for your thoughts.
cicerone imposter

Sun 31 May, 2009 02:51 pm
@realjohnboy,
They still have Sarah Palin and joe the plumber. Even Limbaugh or Hannity may run with their "great" following.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sun 31 May, 2009 03:06 pm
I had one note left over. Judge Sotomayor will not be the swing vote on the Supreme Court. That position, if yall watch things, belongs to Justice Kennedy.
The next vacancy could be a biggie...or perhaps not.
cicerone imposter

Sun 31 May, 2009 03:13 pm
@realjohnboy,
Jeff Sessions (on tv now) is using the typical conservative negatives about Sotomayor; that she's going to go beyond what the supreme court is supposed to do.

Sessions is dumber than I thought; the other justices will not let one justice over-take the supreme court with issues outside its purview whether it's about women or minority rights.

In effect, Sessions is living the party line, the "No Party" even before the hearings are held.
H2O MAN

Sun 31 May, 2009 03:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,

Sessions is pointing out typical All American negatives about Sotomayor.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sun 31 May, 2009 03:54 pm

Seventy percent (70%) of Democrats now Strongly Approve of the President’s performance.

The good news is that thirty percent (30%) of Democrats can still think for themselves.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Sun 31 May, 2009 04:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

In effect, Sessions is living the party line, the "No Party" even before the hearings are held.

the party of new ideas... shuh! as if.
H2O MAN

Sun 31 May, 2009 04:08 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,

It's amazing how many of GW's plans and initiatives PrezBO is keeping, no real change.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Mon 1 Jun, 2009 04:03 pm
Well, this is interesting.
Apparently, Obama has decided to lift the ban on lobbyists that he set up when he was elected...

http://www.redstate.com/warner_todd_huston/2009/05/30/obama-lifts-ban-on-lobbyists-back-to-business-as-usual/?=no

Quote:
Roll Call is reporting that during the typical Friday afternoon document dump " a practice used to hide actions that might prove somewhat embarrassing to the White House " the administration quietly announced that some of the former restrictions on lobbying ballyhooed about during the late campaign have been lifted

Read the rest of the article, its informative.

maporsche

Mon 1 Jun, 2009 04:08 pm
@mysteryman,
What bullshit.

I'm so disapointed in this guy.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 1 Jun, 2009 04:16 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

What bullshit.

I'm so disapointed in this guy.

What a surprise, you've been bitching about him since day -100.

Frankly if you had anything good to say about Obama, I'd be ******* shocked.

Cycloptichorn
maporsche

Mon 1 Jun, 2009 04:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
So you agree with his reversal then?

This was one of the things where I said "Good Job Obama". I believe I posted my approval in this very thread.

Now he's gone and fucked that up.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 1 Jun, 2009 04:31 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

So you agree with his reversal then?

This was one of the things where I said "Good Job Obama". I believe I posted my approval in this very thread.

Now he's gone and fucked that up.

I actually RTFA, and most of the lobbying rules are still in place; I am disappointed however that certain of them were relaxed. I'd like to believe that there were good reasons for doing so but in my heart I fear that there are not, and the usual bureaucratic corruption is rearing its' head.

Cycloptichorn