H2O MAN

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 07:02 am
@snood,

Get a grip snoop dog and quit trying to pose as a victim.
The only thing that really sucks is the unbelievable tax and spend policies
that are about to be unleashed on the innocent O boy voting dumbmasses.

The worst administration this country has known begins today.
Steve 41oo

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 07:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
The policies and actions of the Bush administration were an expression of the problems America faces around the globe. Those haven't gone away. But Bush has and the world rejoices.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 07:35 am
@parados,
Parados,
yes, I listened to the video and initially was ok with it...until the tattooed guy who pledged allegiance to Barack....Obama...as he kisses his biceps. And then I read Kutcher's creed which re-emphasizes the allegiance to Obama theme. Made me look at the video in a whole other light. This is the theme most folks take from religion...accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior and then go make the world better.....but in this case, Kutcher's urging you to accept Barack Obama as savior and go make the world better.
parados

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 07:50 am
@slkshock7,
I see you couldn't provide a single example above the one I mentioned. Why is that slk? Are you that partisan that you can't provide us with concrete examples of your religious claim? Are you that forgetful that you don't recall GWBush asking people to volunteer?
parados

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 07:52 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Cost of the Bush era: $11.5 trillion
The outgoing administration has presided over 8 years of disasters and crises with some of the biggest price tags the nation has ever seen.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/StockInvestingTrading/cost-of-the-bush-era-11-point-5-trillion.aspx

Obama has a lot of spending to do to even come close to matching Bush in spending policies.
Lightwizard

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 07:55 am
Unless some have a crystal ball or are so partisan that their cynicism has petrified their mind, the Bush Adminstration is an eight year horror movie with Bush as Freddy, slashing at the constitution, the wealth of the Middle Class, good will with the rest of the world with only China having an effectively feigned good will because our consumers buy all the crap they are producing, lead or no lead, and loaning us money until the debt pretty much has sold America to them and the rich Arabs who had some money left over from building Dubai. Not to mention that his razored fingers have slashed up the Middle East into even more alienated groups of enemies, against each other and the US. As far as Iraq goes, no good deed goes unpunished, but a foolish deed will eventually become ignored as they descend further into a quasi-democratic theocracy. It will make the secularist government the forefathers conceived of look like utopia.
Steve 41oo

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:05 am
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:
It will make the secularist government the forefathers conceived of look like utopia.
Obama's in Church right now.
Ticomaya

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:08 am
@Lightwizard,
Please wipe the foam off your chin, LW.
Steve 41oo

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:17 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Please wipe the foam off your chin, LW.
CNN report "People urged to use caution when eating peanut butter".
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:19 am
@Steve 41oo,
Wow!
Update us when he's in the john...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:48 am
@Steve 41oo,
Obama and family are in church -- while Steve is in the john.

0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:50 am
@Ticomaya,
I will do that -- Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream are messy.

Peanut butter on Belgian waffles? Gag.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:26 am
Go Obama!

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:31 am
@Cycloptichorn,

Yes, but where shall O boy go?
0 Replies

slkshock7

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 11:04 am
@parados,
Sure, GW urged us to volunteer "because our nation needs you", not to honor and diefy himself...that's my whole point which you obstinately refuse to acknowledge. I'm also not saying that Obama himself has asked for worship, he hasn't. This is hollywood-based worship so I can only hope that this cult of personality stays there. Surely you can see the distinction between volunteering for your country versus volunteering for Our New Leader.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:06 pm
A proud day to be an American!!!
Frank Apisa

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:08 pm
@snood,
Quote:
A proud day to be an American!!!

Amen!
dagmaraka

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:10 pm
I was quite surprised at the power this experience had for me. Watching all along from The Netherlands, wishing I could at least be in the States...feeling rather lonely when watching this with two interested but not quite as excited dutch colleagues.

Congrats my American friends. A proud day today.
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:11 pm
@snood,
What a long, strange, fascinating, exciting trip this has been!

And I just kept nodding during the inauguration speech... guy's got his head screwed on straight. So refreshing.
Steve 41oo

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
well we were all relieved to see that 'copter taking gwb and laura out of there.

but this new lad...he seems awfully serious. 20 minutes speech and not a joke. Or a hint of one. There was plenty of potential material too, him being black and all that.