Bush launches PR offensive on Iraq

au1929

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:24 pm
Quote:
WASHINGTON - With approval ratings flagging, and growing concern about Iraq's conflict spiraling into a civil war, President Bush launched a new public relations drive Monday to bolster support for the U.S. presence there, saying, "We will not lose our nerve."

In a speech at George Washington University in the capital, Bush delivered the first in a series of planned speeches aimed at convincing Americans he has a strategy for victory, nearly three years after the U.S.-led invasion.

The president detailed progress in training Iraq's military and police forces, and discussed ongoing efforts to counter the use of improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, that have killed hundreds of U.S. soldiers and of Iraqis.
In the address, Bush called on Iraqis to embrace compromise as they negotiate a new unity government and asked Americans to show patience amid "images of violence and anger and despair."
The situation in Iraq is still tense," Bush said in the first of a new series of speeches aimed at building support for the U.S. goals there.

Public relations indeed. At this point in time what could he say that is meaningful. Will we hear a new round of trust me speeches? IMO the best thing he can do is go back to bed pull the covers over his head and never be seen or heard from again
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 514 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:26 pm
I understand he is now attempting to tie Iran to terrorist activities in Iraq..... lame int he?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:28 pm
Can't somebody muzzle that prick??

Anon
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:39 pm
more wars... more fear.... more accusations.... bushs' answer to everything... an enemy in every pot....

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/13/060313194912.qosunatb.html
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:41 pm
I wouldn't worry about Anon.
No one listened to him the last time he tried to sell Iraq.
He's just a fool that's out of touch.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:42 pm
The devil made me do it.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:43 pm
au1929 wrote:
The devil made me do it.

Not you! :wink:

Anon
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:48 pm
Anon
Of course not me. Remember, Bush said he was directed by God. I believe his God to be the devil.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:52 pm
au1929 wrote:
Anon
Of course not me. Remember, Bush said he was directed by God. I believe his God to be the devil.

Ah ... Sometimes you have to smack me in the head to make sure I'm with it .. duuuuuuhhhhh ....

Anon
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:17 pm
So, we've come full cycle? They used to call it PR, and later, spin. I guess it's good old PR again.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:29 pm
This series of speeches will probably be as effective as those he made about Social Security.

He could not be dumb enough to believe that his speeches have any impact. Could he? I have a feeling they send the prat boy out to make speeches just to get him out of the way and to make him feel important when what he really is-is impotent.
0 Replies