Report: Bush says bin Laden helped in election

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:26 am
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/images/msnbc/logo01.gif

Quote:
Report: Bush says bin Laden helped in election

‘I thought it was going to help,’ he tells author, referring to taped diatribe

Updated: 10:17 a.m. ET Feb. 28, 2006

WASHINGTON - President Bush said he believes his 2004 re-election victory over Sen. John Kerry was inadvertently aided by Osama bin Laden, who issued a taped diatribe against him the Friday before Americans went to the polls, The Examiner newspaper reported on Tuesday.

Bush said there were “enormous amounts of discussion” inside his campaign about the 15-minute tape, which he called “an interesting entry by our enemy” into the presidential race.

Bush’s comments in the Washington newspaper were excerpts from the new book “Strategery” by Bill Sammon, a long-time White House correspondent.

“What does it mean? Is it going to help? Is it going to hurt?” Bush told Sammon of the bin Laden tapes. “Anything that drops in at the end of a campaign that is not already decided creates all kinds of anxieties, because you’re not sure of the effect.

“I thought it was going to help,” Bush said. “I thought it would help remind people that if bin Laden doesn’t want Bush to be the president, something must be right with Bush.”

msnbc

Or to be more accurate, the actor they hired to play Osama for those "election commercials".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 396 • Replies: 3
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 01:54 pm
Of course, just like Bush hired the pilots to drive their planes into the Pentagon and WTC. Bush also hired all the so-called dead people at the WTC. He had a tough time finding the acotrs to jump from the WTC, that was a tough one...
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:14 pm
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 05:45 pm
woiyo wrote:
Of course, just like Bush hired the pilots to drive their planes into the Pentagon and WTC. Bush also hired all the so-called dead people at the WTC. He had a tough time finding the acotrs to jump from the WTC, that was a tough one...

naw, i don't think we'ew talking about actors. maybe the selective timing of the release of information is closer?

i mean, it is a little convenient that for years a bin laden tape or whatnot shows up when bush really gets it caught in the ringer.
0 Replies