Leno, Letterman or Other?

Sugar

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 08:09 am
I actually like Leno but I can't stand Letterman. I watch Conan if I'm awake - just out there and hysterical. I don't think it's considered 'late night' but Martin Short's show 'Jiminy Glick' is also a watch for me. I also like Colin Quinn, but his shows get cancelled and revamped so fast I haven't seen anything in a long while.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 08:33 am
No TV.
Actually I have a TV, a good one, but it doesn't work
because I haven't plugged it in.
For the last ... five years?

I remember Leno was always bad,
and Letterman obnoxious, Carson corny.
But the first few years of SNL .... heeyah!
(Belushi, Akroyd, Radner, Curtin, Martin, Chase)

Hey, about a year ago they started selling more PCs than TVs in the world. True.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:05 am
Cborg - more PCs than TVs? That's great! I have a TV, I don't have cable. And there's not much point in watching the fuzzy picture of the one channel we can get with out cable. I did watch letterman the other night because a friend's band was playing on the show.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:09 pm
I can't stay up late enough to watch any of these. I try, but I keep hearing mrs. hamburger's voice 'get to sleep. you've got school in the morning'.

As a kid, I used to love and stay up to watch Johnny Carson. The new guys (ok, so they're not new anymore) didn't make me giggle when I saw them. Johnny could always make me giggle - and still does, when I see clips.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:19 pm
If I'm watching tube at 11:30, it's the Family Guy on cartoon network. "It seems that lately all that you see is violence in movies and sex on TV..."
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sat 31 May, 2003 08:49 pm
Sugar wrote:
I actually like Leno but I can't stand Letterman. I watch Conan if I'm awake - just out there and hysterical. I don't think it's considered 'late night' but Martin Short's show 'Jiminy Glick' is also a watch for me. I also like Colin Quinn, but his shows get cancelled and revamped so fast I haven't seen anything in a long while.

Have you tried "Tough Crowd" with Colin Quinn, 11:30pm (right after my favorite, "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart)? It can get ugly, but sometimes it's very funny. Laughing
0 Replies