Leno, Letterman or Other?

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 01:56 pm
Who's your late night partner? Who puts the "o" in your mojo?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,277 • Replies: 25
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:00 pm
Jon Stewart.

Useta love Letterman, now tend to cringe when I watch.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:01 pm
I don't usually watch Leno or Letterman or Conan, although I think they are all very funny. I lean slightly toward Leno.

I usually listen to radio talk shows at night. I think 'Coast to Coast', the former Art Bell show, is fun because of all the crackpot theories and weird people. I also listen to BBC America radio, but not for the same reason.
0 Replies

BeachBum

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:04 pm
Nice, sozobe. Think that's one of the funniest shows on TV. Letterman still gives good interviews, but his "comedy" bits are tired now.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:06 pm
I watch Leno, but only up to the point to where he finishes his monologue. Then it's beddy bye for me!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:56 pm
I haven't watched any late night shows in a long time...hate Leno, used to dig Letterman. Have you guys seen Jimmy Kimmel's show?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 06:35 pm
Jon Stewart! Love that guy.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 06:58 pm
I haven't seen Jimmy Kimmel's new show. I admit to liking "The Man Show", though. When I don't hate it. It's generally one of those two. (The Karl Malone thing is weak.)
0 Replies

lacemyster

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 07:10 pm
I don't watch any late night shows like Letterman or Leno
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 07:42 pm
lacemyster- Welcome to Able2Know. I think that you will learn a lot, as we have people here of all ages, and walks of life. Enjoy!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 07:56 pm
Aside from 'Friends', I don't watch television.

When I was an avid watcher, I preferred Letterman. It was interesting to watch him change his ways/attitudes after his bypass. I grew to like him as a person after that.

I'm in bed too early for the late-night shows now, but during the day I listen to Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh on the a.m. station.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 08:06 pm
oh, well, there's that don't watch tv thing. I haven't seen the show Jon Stewart hosts for years.....
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 08:27 pm
We check Leno first, to see who's on, and sometimes watch the monologue, "Jay Walking" is funny. Never watch Letterman unless he has a guest we want to see.

Welcome lacemyster!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 09:42 pm
Husband and I used to LOVE Dave twenty five years ago.
It has been a sad slide to really unfunny for the past decade. He's not funny anymore to me. Just an old codger, who should be at home in his pajamas.

Like Leno's personality, but hell, I miss Johnny Carson.

Conan is retarded.

We watch Curb Your Enthusiasm and that nutty Brit-- Graham Norton-- for late night humor.

Ah, for the days of tiny monkeys pooing on Carson's head, or Gila lizards chasing him across the stage.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 09:50 pm
No one can compare to Johnny Carson, for sure, Sofia!
0 Replies

Flatted 5th

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 04:27 pm
I've always enjoyed the Letterman show.
To me, Leno is a pure stand-up comedian and Letterman a pure broadcaster, who happens to be very funny.
I don't see the staleness in Letterman's comedy. It has always been very original. And if it bogs down for some people, it could be in the routine of the bits. Some of the jokes on the show have been used awhile with different punch lines, ala the "squirrel with his nuts" routine, and the "words of wisdom" of Dr.Phil.
Leno's comedy bits don't seem as funny or original. And he is not much of an interviewer. Not much reason to watch
Jon Stewart is great and I was hoping he would get the show after Letterman that eventually went to Craig Killbored. Don't have cable, so can't see Stewert's show.
"The Larry Sanders Show" recently was picked up by the local Fox station and has been showing on the weekends. TeeHees a'plenty Laughing
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 01:16 pm
Hi all!

I usually watch "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart, sometimes watch a little Letterman after that, depends on my mood and sleeping pattern. Usually I flip around and watch The Golden Girls, Will & Grace or Seinfeld reruns. : )
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 11:32 pm
Conan O Brien without question.
- He is the most original.
Leno is really, really annoying.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:30 am
Leno rubs me the wrong way, big time. But I will watch him if he's got animals on the show.

I'm a flipper. I'll start at Letterman and then flip. Check out Jon Stewart. Check out the Discovery channel or A&E.

But if I have to pick one, I'll go with Letterman. He's smart and sufficiently strange and annoying to be interesting. And he's much better at interviewing guests than Leno.

I watched about 10 minutes of Jimmy Kimmel. Gag. Oh, the horror.
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 07:53 am
When I'm in the States, I watch Leno for the first couple of nights, to get my fix. When the thrill is gone, I watch re-runs, like edithdoll. Some of them aren't reruns to me, lol...so yeah, reruns. And Judge Judy. Very Happy
0 Replies