I've Been Awake Since 1999

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:36 am
So many of you slept through the clock..... I was afraid you might be in a coma.... glad to see signs of you stirring ... I was worried about you..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/opinion/polls/main500160.shtml
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 456 • Replies: 12
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:47 am
I never believed for a minute he could be elected governor of Texas, let alone nominated and elected president twice.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:50 am
twice? elected?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:53 am
Stepped into the office.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:53 am
I've got to get my calculator out..... one thousand and fifty sumpin days to go...

Have you ever been on one of those whirly-a-gig rides which is interesting and fun for the first while you are on it and then you get tired of all the up and downs and swirling and just want to get off but you realize that you can't until the guy shuts the mother down and you can hardly wait until that happens?

That's what it's like to be in America today.

Joe(god, will this ever end?)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:57 am
I liken it to having a short timer's chain in the Navy. It just drags on, seemingly forever.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:06 am
It is unfortunately of little or no comfort to be able to say "I told you this guy was a dickhead".
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:07 am
but I will anyway :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:22 am
Now kids, it is up to all of us to find a contender in 2008, who is:

Not a schmuck.

Has an I.Q. over that of a rutabaga.

Will authorize important programs without giving away the store.

Believes that the Constitution, and not the Bible, is the template from which the country is governed.

Has a sense of boundaries............understands where he/she has authority, and where the authority is being usurped.

Is not beholden to special interest groups. (Hah! Rolling Eyes )

If we can find someone like that, hopefully the country will emerge from the morass to which it has sunk.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:28 am
The desire to hold the office ought automatically to disqualify any candidate. If they want the job, they've got something less than honorable, and probably less than legal, in mind.

We are hoist on the horns of a dilemma . . .
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:38 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I never believed for a minute he could be elected governor of Texas, let alone nominated and elected president twice.
edgar has had to watch this Bush guy since he was governor?!?! Of his own state?!?!

He's gonna need counseling. Poor dude, he'll probably have post traumatic stress dissorder.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:42 am
Setanta wrote:
The desire to hold the office ought automatically to disqualify any candidate. If they want the job, they've got something less than honorable, and probably less than legal, in mind.

We are hoist on the horns of a dilemma . . .

Oh, Setanta, I have believed exactly what you have said for many years. When I was younger, I always wondered why the people running the country, to one extent or another, are a bunch of doofusses. I used to say to myself, that the US has so many brilliant people, so why aren't THEY in positions of power.

And then I realized.................Anyone with a brain in his head would never want the job. So the best that we can do is to elect someone who will do the least harm. Sad conclusion, but I am convinced that I have hit on a basic truth.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:54 am
Sometimes a smart person is the wrong one for the job. Jimmy Carter is very intelligent, but I don't want him to be president. Jerry Ford is a doofus, but he bothered me less than many other presidents.
0 Replies