Boston Legal

kelticwizard

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 08:21 pm
If F. Lee Bailey reallyis the inspiration for Denny Crane, it would be completely in tune with the wacky atmosphere of the show.

I remember a somewhat similar situation in Seinfeld. In real life, the actual inspiration for the Kramer character was in the running for the TV role of Kramer. He lost out to Michael Richards. In the Seinfeld episode where he sold a TV show to NBC about "nothing", Michael Richards is seen talking to the actor who plays Kramer on the make believe Seinfeld episode, where the actor tells Michael Richards he isn't remotely interested in his advice on how to play him.

The parallels to the real story behind Seinfeld were hilarious. As would F. Lee Bailey's appearance woould be on Boston Legal.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2006 10:38 am
Bailey on BL would be apt, funny and not unexpected. They could have a show casting Bailey in the role of Crane's mentor and having the two square off against each other.

They do some pretty cheeky stuff, like having Candace Bergen and William Shatner kiss just because it was the closing show of the season.

Truly funny and a nice commentary on television/reality/writing.

I liked the show in which Tom Selleck appeared as Bergen's ex-husband. Since they are both about my age, it was nice to see that people of certain age can still play sexually attractive individuals. Not that the two of them are lacking in physical gifts.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 07:31 pm
Hi again:

I think Tom Selleck like Sean Connery is a classic handsome leading man for many always and forever whatever his age.

I think BL has been making the best of their guest stars including Mr. Selleck, but I also thought Michael J Fox was great, and loving the guest role by Parker Posey. They've also had some wonderful character actors who are semi-regulars who I can't name without looking them up on www.imdb.com -- but I've seen them both in many strange and wonderful roles on many different series that I've seen before.
On BL they have played:
1) The guy who killed his mom and then killed the lady next door, and Alan defends him twice, and discourges his secretary played by Betty White from trying to "safe" him because he fears for her life.
2) The judge who lives with his mom, and was shamed by Denny.
They have made small but great reoccurring appearences.
0 Replies