Christians & Muslims Keep Out. Only Humans Allowed.

xingu

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 06:48 am
Punishment and death have always been the human way to keep subjects in line so why not apply it to their Gods? We see a lot of it in the Bible and Koran.

I'm perplexed at how Christians can be so devout to a God they say loves humans so much He sacrificed His only Son, yet this same God will gladly rip the fetuses out of women's bellies if He felt betrayed.

Yet, it's understandable that humans would have a God such as this. It's a reflection of all humanity. This God manifests the most virtuous of human attributes; sacrificing one's life so others may survive. However, it also displays the most base and degrading forms of human nature showing absolute disregard of all stages of human life in order to selfishly promote its agenda.

What I see in the Bible is not God but humanity condensed down to a single entity.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:58 pm
xingu wrote:
Punishment and death have always been the human way to keep subjects in line so why not apply it to their Gods? We see a lot of it in the Bible and Koran.

I'm perplexed at how Christians can be so devout to a God they say loves humans so much He sacrificed His only Son, yet this same God will gladly rip the fetuses out of women's bellies if He felt betrayed.

Yet, it's understandable that humans would have a God such as this. It's a reflection of all humanity. This God manifests the most virtuous of human attributes; sacrificing one's life so others may survive. However, it also displays the most base and degrading forms of human nature showing absolute disregard of all stages of human life in order to selfishly promote its agenda.

What I see in the Bible is not God but humanity condensed down to a single entity.

Yeap. You get the god you deserve.
P
0 Replies