Christians & Muslims Keep Out. Only Humans Allowed.

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 07:10 am
Its not about Christians or Muslims or any other religion \ community for that matter. The global religion of humanity is what I am concerned about.

My Quest: I can't help but notice that we now live in an age where even human made cartoons kill humans... Has humanity become so vulnerable?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,806 • Replies: 81
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 07:39 am
When I first saw the title of this thread I kind of figured it was a joke. Then I saw that it was in S&R and not in Humor. Well, I am a Christian but I had to look. Glad I did.

This is what my thought process was like:

Hmmm. This must be a spoof or parody thread. Might be fun. Laughing

Ooops. Wait! It's in S&R! Shocked

What? No Christians or Muslims, only Humans? Excuse me? Only Humans? Since when are Christians and Muslims not human? No one told me and I hate it when I am the last to know something!

Ok, let's see what this is about. Hmmmm. Okay, it's about how people are actually killing people because other people are offending them in some way.

Hmmmmm. Well, I guess it's just a good thing for you that even though I am a Christian I still consider myself a human being and just because I am offended that your title implies that Christians and Muslims are not human, I'm not going to kill you. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 08:31 am
well, maybe with rhetoric....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 08:35 am
Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 08:35 am
Of course christians and muslims are humans, irrational statement. Being human however, is not necessarily a good thing.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 08:36 am
Well, ya gotta start somewhere, dys!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 08:43 am
"being human" a very strange use of words. To excuse a fault we can say "he's only human" and yet to exonorate a fellow we can say "he's human" and then turn about and say with applause "he's truely human" or the even more meaningless "he's a fine human being."
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 08:47 am
Re: Christians & Muslims Keep Out. Only Humans Allowed.
vinsan wrote:
Its not about Christians or Muslims or any other religion \ community for that matter. The global religion of humanity is what I am concerned about.

My Quest: I can't help but notice that we now live in an age where even human made cartoons kill humans... Has humanity become so vulnerable?

Cartoons do not kill people. People kill people. What a gross distortion.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 08:52 am
dys,

I think I'm getting your drift here. Ok, you obviously read the title of this thread in a different way than I did. And now that you have shown me how you read it, I can see how it can be read both ways.

Perhaps, just perhaps, you have pinpointed part of the problem that vinsan is talking about? What is the real issue here? The fact that people have become vulnerable to things that might offend or the fact that people aren't aware enough that what they say might offend?

You know dys, for someone that doesn't talk a lot, you really speak volumes. Thanx. Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 08:56 am
How can one breathe with one's nose constantly up everybody's cornhole?
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 08:57 am
Hey Momma,

I know that people are going to interpret it this way.

But I want people to understand while entering this thread they need to keep their religions outside and enter truely as a human. No need to involve any religious discussions, as there are plenty of threads already doing so.

Thats it.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:06 am
Momma Wrote

Quote:
The fact that people have become vulnerable to things that might offend or the fact that people aren't aware enough that what they say might offend?

"The more things change the more they stay the same"." And there is nothing new under the sun". [Sound familiar}
Things are as they have been since Humans first appeared from out of the primordial mists.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:08 am
It's not "primordial mists," that's smog you're referring to.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:11 am
Vas you dere dyslexia?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:12 am
Quote:

They are no more vulnerable today than in the past. Do you think we have changed?

The reasons for anger and killing may change with time but the anger and killing will always be there.

Do you think that modern technology will make us more humane than those who lived 1,000 or 5,000 years ago? We are the same animal and are motivated by the same things.

As long as there are humans there will be competition. Competition breeds war and violence.

Traveling through the ages cannot change that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:15 am
curious, are "human" and humane" to be taken as equilivents? I may be misunderstanding.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:20 am
hu aim I to say?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:30 am
Quote:
curious, are "human" and humane" to be taken as equilivents? I may be misunderstanding.

Humans like to think they're humane but they keep proving themselves wrong.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:39 am
Humane=marked or motivated by concern with the alleviation of suffering,
showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement.

Human=homo sapiens.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:45 am
xingu wrote:
We are the same animal and are motivated by the same things.

No! RELIGION was never there when we were animals. We basically fought for Food, Water, cloth and Shelter when being animals.

Secondly A religion SUGGESTS a way to live & it can never be a REASON to die for.

xingu, now you tell me How a THING like Religion becomes so much of a issue when your intelligence tells you that there are more reasons to fight for. I mean you are getting voilent for some set of thoughts you have believed in and there are several others who dont and make fun of it. So by killing a few does that solve the issue?

xingu wrote:
As long as there are humans there will be competition. Competition breeds war and violence.

How can religion be a reason for war and violence? Simply to spread your own religion across the globe. Right! OK whats next? What purpose has it served to humanity? Nothing.

Its ultimately the pure Greed for power & money, for which they use religion as a reason. Smart people (leaders who manipulate it) don't die for it, they use the religion for gaining power. Its ultimately many fools who kill themselves under the impression that by dying for their religion, they will achieve Heaven.

I am no fool and I know that when I give food to a starving child I am already in my heaven!
0 Replies