It's not vanity, it's a job requirement.

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:33 am
NEW YORK, NY, United States (UPI) -- Some older U.S. workers are getting plastic surgery because they think it gives them more opportunities to get ahead in the workplace.

The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery said that from 2000 to 2004 the number of facial plastic surgery procedures and injections increased 34 percent, the New York Times reported Sunday.

In 2004, 22 percent of men and 15 percent of women who sought plastic surgery did so for work-related reasons, the group said.

Plastic surgeons say they treat more and more men with forehead lifts, Botox treatments and laser resurfacing treatments -- especially real estate agents, lawyers, airline pilots and business executives.

'On Wall Street, most of these guys retire in their mid-40s or 50s,' said plastic surgeon Dr. Alan Matarasso. 'You have hedge fund managers who are 28 years old. So at 50, you feel old.'
source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 979 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:36 am
Not my thing, but lotsa people who work in the towers here do that as well. Lotsa cosmetic surgery, cosmetic dentistry etc goin' on.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:36 am
Quote:
Plastic surgeons say they treat more and more men with forehead lifts,

ForeHEAD lifts, foreHEAD lifts... what was I thinking ?
0 Replies