Compre

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 09:04 am
Running into this place, seemed like a good place to talk about dying..
You know, the expiration of breath that serves the physical structure where we abide on this earth.
I am not well, but I make no predictions. And I must not fear the passage of my soul into eternity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,202 • Replies: 22
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 09:37 am
Now what in the heck is this all about, Compre?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 10:31 am
Compre--

Welcome to A2K. Are you more interested in the physical or the spiritual aspects of death?
0 Replies

Compre

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 02:24 pm
hey boomerang
Interesting nom de plume!
This is about going, but I am not sure I want to.
But then, again; I don't know if I would want the planning and details as to time, place and method left up to me, either...

hmmmm----
0 Replies

Compre

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 02:42 pm
hey Noddy24

Is this your 'age'?
At 24, have you given a lot of thought to the aspects- (or the prospect) of 'dying'?
(It just occured to me, maybe '24 is your birth year- which would make you quite senior indeed)

I have mulled it over, since I first thought I wanted to talk about it--
and your question made me realize, it is not a very interesting subject.

I guess it could be- if it were not so real to me right now.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:25 pm
Compre- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Personally, I think that it is a very interesting subject. I nearly made the leap myself, and right now, I am going through the process with my mom.

Would you care to share why it seems so real to you now?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:27 pm
I'm glad you like my moniker. Boomerangs represent many things about my life.

I'll talk to you about dying but I don't have any firsthand experience with it and I'm not sure what your angle is.

Are you sad and thinking about ending it all or have you been diagnosed with something deadly or are you just curious about it?

Personally I don't feel fearful of my soul passing into eternity but I'll still try to delay the process as much as possible!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:37 pm
Boomer, have you seen this?

http://www.cartoonbank.com/assets/1/121845_m.gif
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:48 pm
Ha! No, I haven't seen that.

I must be the thrower because I don't really "do" lonely. I like to be alone but things just keep on coming back.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:56 pm
Compre--

I'm as old as the hills, but younger than stardust.

Death is not a taboo topic for me. Why are you interested in Death right now?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:23 pm
Ya know whatchya call a boomerang that doesn't come back?

A stick
0 Replies

Compre

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 05:46 pm
Laughing
that is funny, timberlandko.

Yes, I am nearer to dying than I wish to be- but if you all do not mind I do not want to disclose details.

I have pain every day, I have weeping when I do not even expect it, and I just saw this place and hoped it would do something.
I really don't know what I expected.
But I have been entertained and cheered some.

Hello to the other people who posted.

I have to lie down now. I do not have more strength at this time.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 06:12 pm
Compre--

The world is unfair. Dying should be a serene and dignified process, not a series of indignities.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 06:21 pm
I'm not a religious person so many people don't think my prayers count for much but I'll send you one of ease.

I'm glad you stopped in and introduced yourself to us. I hope you're still posting when I get back to town and can check in on my computer. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you peace.

(timber... don't even get me started on sticking things.)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 06:47 pm
welcome compre
Very nice Black Parrot Iris. We raise and propogate some irises. We live for the times in May when our garden is full of them.The midnight black irises are even darker almost a Wesley Snipes color, we think that they are the greatest black colred iris around . We mix them with some peppermint shades (variegated white and pink) and use them as cut flowers , but only at the moment we want to decorate a table since irises are like daylilies, they dont last long as cuts

If you come in close contact with someones death that could possibly, also include yours, you really want to live and you suddenly have a surplus of ideas that you can work off for the rest of your life. Mundane things like smelling the Italian bread bakery, seeing mustard fields blooming, really lame but the stuff of your life that youve failed to notice before.

I once spent a number of days in the bottom of a large Laterite mining machine with a number of other guys and included one man who, shot so badly, died while we waited till a bunch of rebel troops(they were kids with machine guns and AKs) left the area.The rebels decided to camp at our post and make a holiday out of it while we lay in the 100 degree heat in a metal can with no water and a dying man The dying man never made a sound and died quietly and bravely. All he was was a really great bulldozer operator and he didnt deserve to be shot , he never moaned , which would have given all our positions away. The rebels never found us and we were all dehydrated and burnt from lying near the exhaust manifold for days.
We all thought about dying in the hot bottom of that machine, we would whisper and , since most of the others were Muslim they prayed and even included me in their prayers. We took off like a bunch of rabbits when we heard the troops trucks leave up on a hill and we got on a D-9 and backed out of the jungle road with our blade up high, so high that I knew we would tip over , (but didnt0 another guy got shot as a sentry who remained started firing on us, when his clips were gone, the men on the bulldozer jumped off and they grabbed the kisd and we took him back to our main camp where Im sure he was tried and executed. I got out of there leaving many pieces of equipment and a cable to my company that if they wanted all the machinery, they were welcome to send some Marines in. Goddam Marines, theyre good for bodyguards but they dont always go in first. The engineers lay the airfields first. After that experience, death has been on my life checklist, it aint so bad and its just one more thing you have to do. BUT, if you get another chance , make a new list and put on it things that you will, (NOSHIT) get out and do for real.
Now having shot my wad on a " business trip from hell", what makes you think that you have a decreased life expectation? Will you share?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 07:47 pm
That is some heavy duty stuff, farmerman.

Seriously.

There was one time in my life that I thought I was going to die. Really, be killed is more accurate than die.

I have never told the story. Ever. To anyone. I don't know if I would even know how to tell it. My feelings even 20 something years later are too complicated to make it even partially easy to talk about.

I think I must have made some kind of peace with myself that day about dying. Maybe someday I'll have the peace and the courage to talk about it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 08:22 pm
<< following along on this roller-coaster of a thread >>
0 Replies

Compre

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 12:30 pm
What does that mean, Region Philbis? a roller coaster thread, I mean.

Your suffering was terrible farmerman. Sitting in horror and pain and wondering IF you will die-- seems to me that is harder than just to 'fall dead'. But, like boomerang, since I have never had 'death' I cant say what is worse.
I thought twice, to look around the painful space, wherever that was and try to find Jesus. But both times I came to myself painfully and remembered why and where I am. Sometimes I have to get used to looking around when I am only coming awake from sleep. Not sure where I am, or what is going on. It don' t last long though.
For the questions asked, I answer, reality of death came bloody and painfully. No, I am not suicidal, cannot say it has not crossed my mind though.
I had more than one accident. Ane they were accidents, yes.
But I am not going to write any more details. It involves other people and I just don't want to go there.
I thank you for your kindness and responses.
No, my physician has not declared YOU ARE GOING TO DIE.
But I can see "not getting better", I can translate "nothing we can do"
My fears are probably coming from the dread of 'hanging around sick', know what I mean?

I am just beginning to have weight loss and lose food I eat before it has a chance to give me nutrients.

farmerman, I love the iris. I didn't know what to use for an avatar, when I searched, but I saw the miscellaneous flowers and there it was. I, too have grown some iris lilies in my time.

So thank you all so much. I read a lot in here. I like the humor, I like the photography, and all the stories. But I don't have the strength to keep on, OK?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 12:36 pm
Compre--

Pop in when you feel well enough, post when ever you have a bit of extra energy.

We're here.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:46 pm
yes please, even if we can talk about irises or any light subject you wish. I told my story in a fashion in other forums and have never discussed he point , even here. The real point was, tha in all the time we hid and could hear our own deaths being talked about we were frightened about the inhumane and cruel ways we would be killed. I learned that about my fear, it wsnt the dying but the disgrace in the method. I once talked with a friend who was in a near fatal air crash. He was teaching astudent pilot and they hit a wire and the small plane just wrapped itself about the wire and hung there suspended for what seemed like weeks to him. All he could think of was the disgrace in the way he was going. He was writing his obituary and he concluded that no matter how they died in the crash, he would just look stupid, and he feared that more than dying itself.

When my mom died, we had a wonderful time together before she left. We caught up on a million unsaid things that Id always meant to say but never thought proper or manly. Her death was, although not pleasant, it ws as dignified and loving an experience that I could have ever wished for her. She saw friends and only those that really meant something. She actually called people and told them not to feel uncomfortable around her because she wished to see them one more time. They came to her home and people laughed and she told me what foods to get out and she was having her own wake so she could enjoy it . I dont know that Id have that much class but I can hope. So, we arent expecting anything, we just want you to know that because youve walked in to see what were like, and most of us will tell you, pretty much without reservation.

Come back when your strength allows
0 Replies