Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 06:45 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 555 • Replies: 9
No top replies

JTT

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 11:27 pm
Can Swann do an arnie? Not sure, Edgar but isn't arnie doing a swan dive?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 11:42 pm
I don't see why not. If Brett Favre ever chose to run for office in Wisconsin, it would be a landslide... regardless of his politics.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:06 am
I dunno I liked Arnie's movies and Swann's catches before politics. Guess they get loaded with cash and become...
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 05:43 am
This is a tough place to be...I recall in 2002 when Rendell was running for governor of Pennsylvania. He was a likeable guy and I even got to see him and shake hands with him during the Pittsburgh Columbus Day parade (which was oddly about 5 or 6 days before Columbus Day). I also got a nifty 'Rendell for Governor' poster courtesy of Rendell henchmen who were wandering along the parade route following the people tossing candy out at children (it was a weekend not to be soon forgotten). Now, you bring in the likes of a former Steeler that could create a lot of confusion for the people of Pennsylvania (this post will add the rest of the mind twisting).

Not being a resident of the Commonwealth of PA I clearly won't be part of this election vote. If I were; well, then I'd need to have more info on what Swann really thinks and believes...beyond the Democrats having taken the African-American vote for granted. Hopefully Mr.Swann will be presenting his ideas in the next few weeks.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 06:46 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I don't see why not. If Brett Favre ever chose to run for office in Wisconsin, it would be a landslide... regardless of his politics.

That would be, Bill, just be one more shining example of the vacuousness of the America voter?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:34 am
Incredibly, Swann told ABC's George Stephanapoulus that if the SCOTUS oerturned Roe that would make abortion illiegal in the US.

He also said the Geoege W. Bush wasn't a politician when he ran for Governor. He was an enterpreneur!

Bush an enterpreneur!!!?? If digging dry holes for oil is an enterepreneur, just call me J Paul Getty!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:50 am
Hello J.Paul... (guess it's time for your next screen name, eh RoxxxNikkiChris...)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 12:29 pm
JTT wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

That would be, Bill, just be one more shining example of the vacuousness of the America voter?
Ignoring the damn near unreadable quality of your question's structure; nope. He's almost universally liked, a proven leader, extremely candid and a man who could actually get a majority of constituents to listen to his speeches. Hell, we should start the grass roots campaign right now. On second thought; Brett Favre for President!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:30 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
JTT wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Ignoring the damn near unreadable quality of your question's structure; nope.

Changed from a question form to a statement and forgot to remove the question mark. But obviously, you're bright enough to have figured it out.

He's almost universally liked, a proven leader, extremely candid and a man who could actually get a majority of constituents to listen to his speeches. Hell, we should start the grass roots campaign right now. On second thought; Brett Favre for President!

Now, you've given some half way plausible reasons to consider BF. But he certainly doesn't need all these postive qualities. The bar has been lowered so dramatically, not once but twice, that even a monkey could be elected.

0 Replies