Going Brown On The White House

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:58 am
It would be refreshing if someone closely involved with a White House scandal would go before Congress, open up candidly and tell the exact truth.

If you were in Vegas, would you bet Brownie will hold 'em or fold 'em?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/09/fema.brown.ap/index.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 05:43 pm
He's spilling his guts, by the sound of it...
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:07 pm
I heard some of his testimony on the radio tonight. He's full of s***.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:30 pm
Cliff Hanger wrote:

how so? I'm certainly not disputing it but what makes you say so specifically?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 12:11 am
I can't believe he'd turncoat on them after the way they saved his ass last summer. What a hoot!
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 06:52 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Cliff Hanger wrote:

how so? I'm certainly not disputing it but what makes you say so specifically?

What eoe said. Brownie is spewing crocodile tears because, as he says, all the confusion came from other branches of the government-- Including the White House, which hindered his efforts. An ass**** in the extreme. At least Jack Abramoff has the decency to feel terrible about what he did and apologize.

This Brownie turd, to me, is at the top of the pyramid when it comes to a typical Bush appointee-- arrogant, self-serving, no depth or capacity to understand the suffering of others, weathly, and completely cut-off from the world.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 07:45 am
gotcha. opinion noted. highly agreed with. of course it's difficult not to agree that anyone in bushco is not a complete ass hole and waste of human flesh.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:02 am
Whatever happened to honor amongst thieves? I guess that doesn't apply to arrogant, self-serving turds, huh?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:05 am
eoe wrote:
Whatever happened to honor amongst thieves? I guess that doesn't apply to arrogant, self-serving turds, huh?

true that, as the young people say...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 02:13 pm
Maybe something else has happened that we're just not privy to. Did his good buddy Bush make promises that he didn't keep? Did someone not follow through with whatever they offered Brown to take the hits in the first place?

I wish someone would have asked him how could he have not known that over 10,000 people were holed up and starving at the NO Convention Center. He admitted on national television that Wednesday night after the hurricane, when asked what was being done to assist those people, that he was unaware that people were even in that structure. Has anyone asked him about that? It's been a burning question of mine since that incredible night. How could he have not known about 10,000 people?
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 02:31 pm
eoe wrote:
How could he have not known about 10,000 people?

I don't have any recall of the timeline, but it seemed to me the public knew about the 10,000 people through the news reports. As you asked eoe, how could he have not known?

What will always be damning for him are those emails. The ones where he talks about his clothes, where he asks if he can go home during the center of the crisis.

"Turncoat", now that's a down home S'uthern expression.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 02:39 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
gotcha. opinion noted. highly agreed with. of course it's difficult not to agree that anyone in bushco is not a complete **** and waste of human flesh.

They're automatons, his supporters. He makes a speech, they clap. He talks about all the progress being made in Iraq, the state of the union being "strong" and they give him a standing ovation. The mindless clapping is an affirmation for Bush's peanut brain that he's doing the right thing.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 02:41 pm
Cliff Hanger WROTE

Quote:
This Brownie turd, to me, is at the top of the pyramid when it comes to a typical Bush appointee-- arrogant, self-serving, no depth or capacity to understand the suffering of others, weathly, and completely cut-off from the world.

That is a good description of Mr. Bush. As they say birds of a feather ----.

All we get is denial after denial from the Whitehouse. Bush's lies and misdeeds are beginning to catch up to him.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 02:46 pm
Bluevein said "If you were in Vegas, would you bet Brownie will hold 'em or fold 'em?"

I think Brown sounded like he was threatening the Bush gang kinda saying "either you guys back me up or i'm dropping a dime on yo as$". They would probably like to whack him.

The new white house Is total gangsta. It's like the Sopranos.

If I had to bet i'd say he'll hold them. I'm down for 50$
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 03:30 pm
Team Bush sifted intel, says expert

BY RICHARD SISK
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON - The White House "cherry-picked" intelligence to bolster the case for invading Iraq and blew off warnings of a "messy aftermath" to the war, the former top CIA analyst for the Mideast charged yesterday.
"The administration used intelligence not to inform decision-making, but to justify a decision already made" on Iraq, said Paul Pillar, the CIA's former national intelligence officer for the Near East and South Asia.

In the rush to war, the White House resorted to "cherry-picking" information from CIA assessments, Pillar said, "rather than using the intelligence community's own analytic judgments."

The CIA had warned of possible guerrilla war and civil war in post-invasion Iraq, Pillar wrote in an article posted on the Foreign Affairs magazine Web site.

But the U.S. "went to war without requesting - and evidently without being influenced by - any strategic-level intelligence assessments on any aspect of Iraq," said Pillar, a frequent critic of the White House since leaving the CIA last year.

The White House had no immediate comment on Pillar's charges, but the Senate Republican Policy Committee on Thursday warned of critics spreading the "myth" that President Bush hyped the Iraq intelligence.

The thrust of the CIA's analysis before the invasion "was to avoid war," Pillar said, "or if war was going to be launched, to prepare for a messy aftermath."

Originally published on February 11, 2006

Would honest Bush and his righteous brethren ever be engaged in such duplicity?

Is there any doubt?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 04:11 pm
Would honest Bush and his righteous brethren ever be engaged in such duplicity? YES

Is there any doubt? NO
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 09:36 am
Katrina Report Spreads Blame
Homeland Security, Chertoff Singled Out

By Spencer S. Hsu
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, February 12, 2006; A01

Hurricane Katrina exposed the U.S. government's failure to learn the lessons of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, as leaders from President Bush down disregarded ample warnings of the threat to New Orleans and did not execute emergency plans or share information that would have saved lives, according to a blistering report by House investigators.

A draft of the report, to be released publicly Wednesday, includes 90 findings of failures at all levels of government, according to a senior investigation staffer who requested anonymity because the document is not final. Titled "A Failure of Initiative," it is one of three separate reviews by the House, Senate and White House that will in coming weeks dissect the response to the nation's costliest natural disaster.

The 600-plus-page report lays primary fault with the passive reaction and misjudgments of top Bush aides, singling out Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, the Homeland Security Operations Center and the White House Homeland Security Council, according to a 60-page summary of the document obtained by The Washington Post. Regarding Bush, the report found that "earlier presidential involvement could have speeded the response" because he alone could have cut through all bureaucratic resistance.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/11/AR2006021101409_pf.html
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 03:40 pm
I suspect Brownie was tired of being the fall guy for Katrina. His administrative colleagues seemed quite willing to make it seem as though he alone was at fault for the screwups.

Now it's payback time...
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 05:38 pm
I say put him in the interrogation room with dirty harry.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 10:03 am
So when does Karl Rove begin the smear campaign against Brownie?
0 Replies