Super Bowl XL: The Commercials of Champions

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:11 am
Ok, so some people actually watched the game but some of us tuned in more for the commercials and the half time game...or simply because our significant other was glued to the tv and we wanted to spend some time with them.

Personally, I thought that this years commercials were weak. Nothing like the Super Bowl commercials of the past. What's happened to the great Snickers commercials? Or the beer commercials? Boy, have they gotten lame. With the exception of Budwiser this year.

There are only a few I can say were really great. My favorite was the Budwiser one in the second quarter; The Game. The one with the streaker. How funny!! The Sprint Crime Deterrant was pretty good too and made me laugh.

If you missed some, you can check them out here. Super Bowl XL Ads

So....

What was your favorite commercial?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,148 • Replies: 9
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:15 am
I didn't watch but I read about the Fabio one and that looks pretty funny.

I'll check out your link. Thanks!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:16 am
Were there commercials? I always go to mute or leave the room when those annoying irksome blibbets come on screen.

As I said to Gary yesterday, if a commercial is meant to stick around I will see it later on as it is played and replayed and replayed and replayed and...

'nother words I find commercials to be an offense to the sport of football (thank goodness bowling hasn't lowered itself to these standards).

(and now if you will excuse me I have to check out that link)
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:30 am
You mean there was a football game on between the commercials???

I guess I missed it....

Magic Fridge was hilarious! I laughed out loud when I saw it. I liked FedEx Caveman too, but not as much. Magic Fridge was so funny!
0 Replies

Winthorpe

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:47 pm
My favorite was the Fed Ex spot followed by the magic fridge. I agree that overall this year wasn't as good as past years. Since the game was painful to watch, especially the first half I was hoping the commercials would have been better. I'm often amazed at the crap that advertising executives come up with.

I miss reebok's Terry Tate office linbacker commercials from a few years back however, I still watch them online. If you haven't seen them they are hilarious and available on the reebok website.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:08 pm
where is the Budwiser Barn? with the little pony?
That was damn sweet, almost got a tear in my eye!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:11 pm
watch the budweiser barn in the 3rd q
http://sports.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 10:34 am
I thought the Caveman and the Crime Deterant ads were the funniest. However, I remembered that the caveman ad was for FedEx and had no idea what cell phone company sponsored the Crime Deterant ad.

I also liked the Burger King Busby Berkly "Have it your way".

Rap
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 10:37 am
I was involved in the market research for the commercials for the Super Bowl. No matter how much advertising Budweiser does it does not negate the fact that they make bad beer and I won't drink it no matter how clever the commercials are.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 10:50 am
husker wrote:
where is the Budwiser Barn? with the little pony?
That was damn sweet, almost got a tear in my eye!

I liked this one too.

Of course, as a Steelers fan--I liked the GAME too Very Happy
0 Replies