Oprah "Freys" President Bush: Read It Here First

JTT

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:36 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
JTT wrote:
Brandon,

Individual delusions of grandeur or the same projected onto another individual are both signs of mental/emotional problems. I urge you to seek help.

Or possibly, if you were to stop drinking the kool-aid, the problem would, in all likelihood fix itself. Smile

Translation: I cannot attack your ideas, so I will attack you instead.

Not at all, Brandon. I'm simply concerned about you.

Here's the video for the WH quote from Debra's post. Focus on how earnest he is.

Video to be found at,

http://www.crooksandliars.com/

under the title,

"Lest we not Forget: Bush on Warrants for FISA 2004"

You can find it by scrolling down about a fifth of the way down the page. It's located right above the headline,

"New UK Memo: Bush to invade Iraq regardless of WMD's"

Don't look at that video though. Start small. Recovery will be difficult and we don't want your system to shutdown permanently.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:35 am
Brandon
Brandon, don't you think it's time to dig up your sense of humor from where you buried it in your back yard when Clinton was in office?

You can even borrow my shovel.

BBB
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:46 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
But, here's an "actual public record" from the White House:

Quote:
Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so. It's important for our fellow citizens to understand, when you think Patriot Act, constitutional guarantees are in place when it comes to doing what is necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the Constitution.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/04/20040420-2.html

Test for Brandon:

Was Bush lying to us or was he engaged in a satire of his own?

Take all the time you need to figure it out and then report back with your answer.

With the usual illogic of liberals, you have given me the quotation, but not evidence that it's a lie. Further, it would be better if you would specify which sentences in the above quotation you are calling lies.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:46 pm
Debra_Law wrote:

Quote:
Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so. It's important for our fellow citizens to understand, when you think Patriot Act, constitutional guarantees are in place when it comes to doing what is necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the Constitution.

Test for Brandon:

Take all the time you need to figure it out and then report back with your answer.

With the usual illogic of liberals, you have given me the quotation, but not evidence that it's a lie. Further, it would be better if you would specify which sentences in the above quotation you are calling lies.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:49 pm
Re: Brandon
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Brandon, don't you think it's time to dig up your sense of humor from where you buried it in your back yard when Clinton was in office?

You can even borrow my shovel.

BBB

You folks will go to any length not to debate an opponent's assertion, point by point. This post of yours is another offering from your bottomless pit of ways not to respond to your opponent's assertions. Running from the debate topic is a hallmark of people who are wrong, not of people who are right. I await your next irrelevant, off-topic post.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:52 pm
JTT wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
JTT wrote:
Brandon,

Individual delusions of grandeur or the same projected onto another individual are both signs of mental/emotional problems. I urge you to seek help.

Or possibly, if you were to stop drinking the kool-aid, the problem would, in all likelihood fix itself. Smile

Translation: I cannot attack your ideas, so I will attack you instead.

Not at all, Brandon. I'm simply concerned about you.

Here's the video for the WH quote from Debra's post. Focus on how earnest he is.

Video to be found at,

http://www.crooksandliars.com/

under the title,

"Lest we not Forget: Bush on Warrants for FISA 2004"

You can find it by scrolling down about a fifth of the way down the page. It's located right above the headline,

"New UK Memo: Bush to invade Iraq regardless of WMD's"

Don't look at that video though. Start small. Recovery will be difficult and we don't want your system to shutdown permanently.

Give me a single sentence of Bush's that you assert is a lie, and then give me evidence that it's a lie. I won't be lured into debating five topics at once. Just tell me what the lie is and prove it. That's all. No personal cracks, no new topics. If you assert that he lies, give one, single example. I am looking forward to your evasion.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 06:46 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:

Quote:

Test for Brandon:

I asked YOU if Bush was lying when he made the above-quoted statement.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:15 am
You must be concocting one doozer of a posting, Brandon.

When you've finished addressing Debra's questions, then perhaps you could take a look at these and address them.

Quote:

Spying and Lying: A Winning Issue for Dems... If They Stay Strong

Arianna Huffington

Illegal warrantless wiretapping -- and the administration's unrelenting mendacity about it -- is not only wrong on principle but a perfect wedge issue for Democrats, a chance to split off conservatives and independents disgusted with the White House's contemptuous disregard for the rule of law and for the truth. But only if Democrats correctly frame the issue.

This isn't about being against eavesdropping or, as Karl Rove would like you to believe, not having the will to ferret out al-Qaeda members and "affiliates."

It's about the President of the United States (and his minions) aggressively and willfully breaking the law -- and lying about it. Repeatedly.

[continued at,]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/spying-and-lying-a-winni_b_15206.html

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:33 am
JTT wrote:
You must be concocting one doozer of a posting, Brandon.

When you've finished addressing Debra's questions, then perhaps you could take a look at these and address them.

Quote:

Spying and Lying: A Winning Issue for Dems... If They Stay Strong

Arianna Huffington

Illegal warrantless wiretapping -- and the administration's unrelenting mendacity about it -- is not only wrong on principle but a perfect wedge issue for Democrats, a chance to split off conservatives and independents disgusted with the White House's contemptuous disregard for the rule of law and for the truth. But only if Democrats correctly frame the issue.

This isn't about being against eavesdropping or, as Karl Rove would like you to believe, not having the will to ferret out al-Qaeda members and "affiliates."

It's about the President of the United States (and his minions) aggressively and willfully breaking the law -- and lying about it. Repeatedly.

[continued at,]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/spying-and-lying-a-winni_b_15206.html

I dare you to do what the above article can't - give one single sentence of Bush's that you claim is a lie, and then present evidence that it's a lie. If you can't, then stop talking.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:57 am
No no no no no no no Brandon. Address Debra's question first.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 05:53 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:

Quote:

Test for Brandon:

zzzzzzzz
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 05:54 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:

Quote:

Test for Brandon:

zzzzzzzzzz.....huh? what? is there an echo in here?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:30 am
JTT wrote:
No no no no no no no Brandon. Address Debra's question first.

My interaction with you has no logical relationship to my interaction with her. You are losing our argument. Just tell me one specific lie of the president's, and present evidence that it's a lie. If you can't, then you have no right to assert that he lies.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:31 am
Debra_Law wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:

Quote:

Test for Brandon:

I asked YOU if Bush was lying when he made the above-quoted statement.

I don't know, but you can't assert that he was unless you present evidence that he was.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:33 am
Gosh, Brandon, you are making yourself look like a complete fool by your absurd denial.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 10:27 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Gosh, Brandon, you are making yourself look like a complete fool by your absurd denial.

I merely asked for a single example, which none of you seems able to provide. If Bush lies so much, it should be easy for you to list one specific lie (Not 20, and not a link to someone else's words) that he told, and then present evidence that it was a lie. If you cannot do that, then your position has no validity. This is the norm in debate.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 10:32 am
Here's a start:

http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/archive.html?more=true
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 10:36 am

You guys love to provide links to other people's words. List one single lie, not 20, and present evidence that it's a lie, or admit that you can't. I can claim anything and then link you to Amazon.com listings for books as my "proof." It doesn't prove anything. Just list one lie and present evidence here in your own words that it was a lie. Surely this would be easy to do about someone who is alleged to lied in every breath. Why all the dodging?
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 10:05 pm
F#$k Oprah
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 10:55 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

And he continues. Amazing.
0 Replies