Where are the intelligent muslims?

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:18 pm
Europe is pissed off at itself for letting so many of these terrorists relocate there. They have a huge problem - with no easy solution.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:21 pm
Chumly,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that statement. I know that within the Christian religion and the people that I have had experience with there are those that believe that if you don't believe exactly the way they do then you are not a Christian. I don't think any of us have 100% of the truth about it. I don't think it's right to tell another person they are not a Christian based on something they might have said or done. You have to take everything into consideration. Not how they are part of the time but how they are most of the time.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:57 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I think the big problem of about Christian values is that there are so many differing views and a lot of people will think of someone else as being not Christian because of certain things they may say or do.

No Christian, Muslim, etc., believes 100% of 100% of everything having to do with their religion.

I agree with you MA, about the many differing views. My problem with the term is that it is often used as a political ploy by the Bush administration to gain support.

IMO it has no REAL meaning but does have an IMPLIED meaning that is used to stir emotion on the wedge issues of abortion, marriage, and church/state separation.

That is why I hoped Intrepid would have given us his version of what it meant to him since he used it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:12 pm
Mesquite,

I do believe that it does have real meaning. I'm just not so sure that meaning is so easily defined. I do know one thing, using it for political gain, personal gain, or material gain is IMO most definitely not part of that definition.
0 Replies

DRpieman

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:30 pm
Razz
0 Replies

DRpieman

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:33 pm
sorry momma angel and hi
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:34 pm
You did nothing to be sorry for and hi yourself.
0 Replies

DRpieman

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:51 pm
nice to meat u Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:55 pm
And nice to meet you. Welcome to A2K. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
0 Replies

DRpieman

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:56 pm
i will and u too Laughing Mr. Green
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:39 pm
Re: Where are the intelligent muslims?
Doktor S wrote:
In the christian camp we have Neo, Lash, Heph, and probably a few others that are actually quite intelligent, all things considered.
But now we have a burgeoning islamic contingent, and it seem's as though they are all completely brain dead. What gives?

I don't think that they are brain dead. I think that there could be a few different factors actually. For one, lately there's been a lot less discussing of things and a lot more mud slinging... or so it seems to me anyway. I would be lying if I said I couldn't have been on the defensive myself if things had been like this when I first joined A2K. I could have easily assumed I was going to be prejudged just based on what I believe. I haven't been, and I'm so grateful. But maybe that's kind of how it feels to them?

I also believe that when someone is very passionate about what they believe it is very easy to slip over into a try to "prove it to the world" mentality, and forget how what you are saying might effect or sound to those listening. I don't know though. It really is hard to say because we don't know them or what they are about. All we know are the words they write which could be either a true depiction of what they are or false. There's really no way to tell for sure.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:53 pm
No one should take offence to thoughtful questions, perspectives backed by rationality, or Chummy humor Smile
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:58 pm
Intelligent Muslims profit from car tunes.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 08:48 pm
I have decided to sally forth into Muslim threads, find an intelligent Muslim, and bring him back here.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:12 pm
Lash,

A good place to beigin looking might be here[/u].
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:14 pm
Actually, there are . . . but just as is the case with an intelligent christian, you've got someone working from illicit premises . . .
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:19 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Mesquite,

I do believe that it does have real meaning. I'm just not so sure that meaning is so easily defined. I do know one thing, using it for political gain, personal gain, or material gain is IMO most definitely not part of that definition.

The fact is that the way "Christian values" is used in the political arena, talk radio and other right wing media has little to do with the teachings of Christ.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:37 pm
Rummy,

I am joining all these Islamic sites for educational purposes.

Amen
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:44 pm
Lash--

The gentleness of all the gods go with you.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:01 am
Noddy--

That is lovely.

I can't seem to find who I'm looking for, but I will keep trying.

<and, the gentleness of the gods is with me>

<smiles>
0 Replies