I'm gonna be an teeture

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 07:42 pm
Only you ooh ooh ooh, can answer that.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 07:42 pm
Tongue-twisting tendencies turning to a new thread?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 07:43 pm
Wait, never mind.

i think it'll have to do. I have edited and spell-checked. One or two pieces are a little thin. But, whatever!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 07:47 pm
Yes, you know I get that way..

you're done already? Excellent. A little fixit here and there, and it's off.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 07:54 pm
It's the thin parts I worry about. But, I am depressed and overwhelmed. I need to be doing other things.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 07:37 am
Depressed? wassup?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:02 pm
JPB, I'm not sure. We have depression in the family. Some of us are clinical and some of us are not. I am not. I do, like many people, get depressed sometimes. It's mild. But, this one has been longer-lived than most.

I am not sure if it's my feelings of being over-whelmed with work (two jobs) and school (master's degree) making me depressed or my depression making me over-whelmed. I've had a bad house mate situation (resolved), financial (worsening) and work-related problems, my cats been sick (he's diabetic which complicates things). I have had very little unstressed down-time since April. When I have time off, I work on school work, or make extra cash. The bad house mate is gone and the end of school is in sight. One would think I'd be feeling perky. On the other hand, I am facing 3 months without pay (student teaching) and the 1st anniversary of my dog's death.

I canceled a trip to my cousin's wedding this weekend because, in part, I couldn't handle the stress of labor day traffic in Connecticut or taking my cat on a trip which would entail him spending 7-8 hours in the car. I feel less stressed, but sad I'll miss the wedding.

Thanks for asking - I hope I didn't go on too much!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:15 pm
{{{Hug}}}
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:20 pm
Harrumph, it's clear to me this is situational.

Dr. Osso
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:25 pm
Aw, thanks roger.

osso, it's pretty clear to me as well. I'm not worried. And, as a matter of fact, just canceling out of the wedding de-stressed me a lot!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:28 pm
<gustav strolls by and pats littlek on the back and then offers her a stick of gum>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:28 pm
And, money is a big mental wear-wolf.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:32 pm
Thanks gus.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 10:01 pm
littlek wrote:
JPB, I'm not sure. We have depression in the family. Some of us are clinical and some of us are not. I am not. I do, like many people, get depressed sometimes. It's mild. But, this one has been longer-lived than most.

I am not sure if it's my feelings of being over-whelmed with work (two jobs) and school (master's degree) making me depressed or my depression making me over-whelmed. I've had a bad house mate situation (resolved), financial (worsening) and work-related problems, my cats been sick (he's diabetic which complicates things). I have had very little unstressed down-time since April. When I have time off, I work on school work, or make extra cash. The bad house mate is gone and the end of school is in sight. One would think I'd be feeling perky. On the other hand, I am facing 3 months without pay (student teaching) and the 1st anniversary of my dog's death.

I canceled a trip to my cousin's wedding this weekend because, in part, I couldn't handle the stress of labor day traffic in Connecticut or taking my cat on a trip which would entail him spending 7-8 hours in the car. I feel less stressed, but sad I'll miss the wedding.

Thanks for asking - I hope I didn't go on too much!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Little k))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 10:08 pm
Thank you, Deb.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 09:53 pm
Well, I have rants over at the student teaching thread, fretting over at the teacher clothing and hair thread.... and nothing here since I started student teaching.

All of my required courses are complete (I have one more elective). All of my state licensure tests are done with. My resume is up to date. My student teaching ends in under 3 weeks. Yikes.

I have done a ton of work over the last 3 months. Yet to come is the fine-tuning of my in-class inquiry (a sort of on-the-fly scientific study on a specific in-class topic of importance), finishing my second take-over week, and finishing a couple more self-reflections. I need to start and complete my portfolio (by a week from Thursday!). I need to find a job to begin when I finish this practicum in three weeks.

I feel like I'm over the hump.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 10:00 pm
You know you are kickin' it, girl. Laughing

I'ma pull a Noddy here, but, Hold your Dominion...

RH
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 10:02 pm
Thanks, man. My dominion has been damn near strangled.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 10:03 pm
onward and upward from here!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 10:07 pm
Lil'K, I been damn near strangled more times than you wanna know. Shocked

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger...Gramma.
0 Replies