I'm gonna be an teeture

Lash

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 07:24 am
I've been helping my sister proof her Mastr's papers on implementing some of her classroom material into her lessons--which she'sbeen doing for 15 yeras--and if I can help at all, I'd be happy to.

<breaks out in frantic tree in hurricane interpretive chaos>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 09:14 am
I would never forget to spell check, Beth!

Lash, that's interesting! Does write about mentoring, by any chance?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 09:31 am
No. Hers was about multiple intelligences and how to incorporate tactile learning and varied learning methods into lesson plans for kindergarteners.

I'm sorry.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 09:37 am
I've done a ton of mentoring stuff, any specific questions?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:05 pm
Lash - I like multiple intelligence teching techniques - good for her.

Soz, nothing specific. I'm done with the research, for better or for worse. The only thing left to do is to apply it and conclude the paper (and then edit it and add the biblio). If the thing is still less than 15 pages, I'll add more detail to the research I already have there. But, thanks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 12:41 am
I love that Lucida font!! Or was it veranda....?

Paper is done. I refuse to look at it any longer. Biblio needs to be teased out and then I will hand deliver it tomorrow. That means I need to buy a scale and figure postage (hoping I even have enough) for my return envelop.............. tired.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 05:44 am
Good, k!
Now you can relax! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 09:49 am
Slept late....... I really should read it one more time.

Thanks MsOlga!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 08:50 pm
Got an A on the research paper! It was "fantastic"! Phew! Got an A- on the observation paper. So, two courses down with two As......

Now, if I can make it through this current class without crying again......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 08:54 pm
Congratulations, k!
Well done!
You're a star! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 08:56 pm
Heh. Perhaps this is why your kids were kind to you and your broken bllod vessel - because you're so supportive of them!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 08:59 pm
Not sure, k. But it'd be really nice if that was the reason. Beats aggro & war between the generations any day, huh?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 09:01 pm
I have problems with Patience all the time. My wife bought me a t-shirt with Patience written in Chinese/Japanese I wore just the other day.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 07:44 am
Congratulations on the new direction, littlek, and on the A's you earned for all your hard work!

(I'm behind on my reading, here.)

Teaching is HARD but it can be so rewarding. Good for you!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 12:06 am
Thanks mcat!

So, I am trying to write a resume and the results are pathetic. I have worked in childcare for 7 years. I have a decent degree, but I got it in 1990. Since then I have done odd jobs including working at coffee shops, bars and a rug store. The guidance counselor told me not to list the bar experience (makes sense), but I have a huge gap (9 years) between college and the year I started child care. And I have precious little (except for teaching gymnasitics in the 80s) that has anything to do with teaching.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 08:04 am
I don't think you have to go back that far, K. Focus on the last 7 years.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:10 am
You don't need to list your entire work history. Most people have had non-pertinent jobs at some point or another; they'll understand. If it comes up in an interview, you were exploring different paths and finding yourself. Your resume only needs to reflect the bits that really brought you to teaching.

I have three completely different resumes. Two have gaps in them, because they really focus on either restaurants or teaching. Each career pretty much excludes the other; and both exclude most of my retail and office experience. The third one is just for my personal reference, to remember what I was up to at different times. I never hand out that one. It's totally unfocused.

So, your resume should be completely truthful, while technically incomplete.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 03:21 pm
Hooray!!! She's Tenacious Kris the Paper Writin Juggernaut!!!!

<Swirly arms over head to the left, and big circle again, over to the right,....industrious cabbage move, stern face, cabbage....watusi, watusi, watusi...crazy African tribal steps, bang, bang, bang feet on the floor...Hawaiian shimmy, hips, shimmy hips, shimmy hips...determined run across stage....she jumps...>

<stays aloft in air, in a miraculous moment, as she considers Kris' A!!!!!!>

<touches down with angelic lightness on toes>

<does backstroke in air, exit stage right>

Congratulations, smarty pants!!! So happy for your success. And, I thought you'd tanked!!! Ha!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 03:34 pm
Lash,

i have obtained footage of your dancing prowess, and would like to share it with everyone...

http://ewancient.lysator.liu.se/pic/art/a/n/anyakh/dance.gif
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 04:05 pm
No shimmy shimmy coco bop???

Hmph!
0 Replies