mdg

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:17 pm
Can a parent spank their child once they have turned 18?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 732 • Replies: 8
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:21 pm
If they don't mind being spanked back, sure.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:26 pm
Why would it be necessary to spank a well-raised 18 year old?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:28 pm
Seriously?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:45 pm
I think that at least technically it's considered assault. The 18-year-old is an adult.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:48 pm
Wait a minute, just read mdg's other two posts and remembered who she is...

Get OUT of there, mdg!!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:20 pm
No, they can't!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:25 pm
On soz's advice, I looked back too. Same advice. Get out of there.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 05:33 am
From reading your other thread, I'd let them spank you once, then press assault charges. But then again, I'm speaking from hindsight, I know it's not that simple for you.

If you're for real mdg, this sounds like some of the crap I had to put up with growing up.

My initial reaction is that you need to get out of there and establish your own life.

But I do have a couple of concerns....

do you have a girlfriend(s) you could get to roommate with you? You probably would need to split/share costs

Overall, can you support yourself on your job and go to school at the same time? Take an honest realistic look at what your monthly expenses would be....rent, decent food, gas, electric, phone, personal care, school. Not trying to scare you, I'll get to that in a moment.

The reason I ask is this....you better be damn sure you can make it on your own, because if you can't afford it, there's no way you're going to want to have to go back home.

If you think it's bad now, imagine what it would be like having to, in their eyes, admit defeat and have to come begging for them to take you back. You'd never hear the end of it.

From an early age, I was always told that I could never make it on my own, that I needed them, etc, etc. I'm sure you know better than anyone what I'm talking about.

The thing is, once I was on my own, I kept looking for the other shoe to drop, for this something that would happen that I couldn't handle. It never came.
I realized that was just a way for them to keep me under their thumb.

mdg - if you do make a go on your own, my advice....for a while, until you have your wits about you, play your life really low key so you won't stumble into something that will make you have to go back. Mostly I'm talking about money. For a while, save save save, so that when that emergency comes up, you won't have to turn to them. Believe me, things do come up, nothing that would make you have to move back, but it would be best if you took some of your money off the top of your paycheck and put it away. It'll be a great feeling knowing it's there just in case. Just live a simple life for awhile....I think you need that time to get your soul in order.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Your posts really touched something deep in me. In a way, I felt like I was reading myself at 18.
0 Replies