Abstract photography(place your's)

kosmos-SErbia

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:18 am
first two pictures were great, but two of these are not so great....
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:11 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Like the one on the top, but still needs corrections...

Hey, I am a rank amateur at this stuff. You say that the pics need correction, but you haven't critiqued the pictures. Give me a clue!

Here's an example of the 'auto' features in PS.

http://www.cfjmfg.com/storage/rag/pat_al.jpg

Auto Leveling

http://www.cfjmfg.com/storage/rag/pat_ac.jpg

Auto Contrasting.

I try to stay away from the auto adjustments since they often come out looking nothing like what you took the picture of. If you go to Image -> Adjustments -> Level you can tweak the image yourself using slide bars.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:16 am
Questioner- Thanks! Actually, I had "warmed up" the original picture on Picasa, and I had realized that it looked too yellow. I think that yours even looks better than my original, which was still warmer than yours!

Hey, at this point in time, I am just playing. As I have mentioned before, I am not very artistic, so I think that I need to train myself to look at pictures differently. Thanks again!
0 Replies

Mirage

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:00 am
kosmos-SErbia wrote:
first two pictures were great, but two of these are not so great....

There was only one.
0 Replies

kosmos-SErbia

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:14 am
no there are two of yours...Ain't this right?
0 Replies

Mirage

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 12:48 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgAsA1MaCGvoCM53J3j2QcvdI*t4Om1qYNPzusYgcwLYIGnLA!dAgE!Os9S*CyQK4PDIg4KnVdvL0DpTOX!rpHjjWli3y6fHiCGTGucSLSj9Tbiu4mJGoirKixb8cXHj/DSC00147.JPG

Another one is version of Phoenix's photo => not mine.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:47 pm
I specifically looked for abstract imagery on my hike today, so that I could add to this thread. But, I wasn't happy with anything I shot - abstract-wise, anyways.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:46 am
How do you guys get one of your own photos on here? Is there a trick to it?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:49 am
Quote:
Can I post Images?

Solution
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-website.net/my-picture.gif. You can neither link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display images use the BBCode [img] [/img] tags.

From the Forum Help Section of A2K
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:54 am
littlek wrote:
I specifically looked for abstract imagery on my hike today, so that I could add to this thread. But, I wasn't happy with anything I shot - abstract-wise, anyways.

I am just getting into this. I took a whole bunch of stuff with which I was not happy. For instance, I have a nice size piece of petrified wood that has some beautiful colors in it. When I took some pictures of it, it looked like nothing.

I think that I am just going to have to play around with the camera, and see what I come up with. I think that until you get proficient at seeing "abstractions", it is really a hit or miss proposition.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:58 am
Phoenix, thanks for the info.
I guess I will pass. Don't know what a publicly accessible web server is.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:26 pm
detano inipo- Check your other thread. I listed a few places where you can post pics!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:21 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
littlek wrote:

I am just getting into this. I took a whole bunch of stuff with which I was not happy. For instance, I have a nice size piece of petrified wood that has some beautiful colors in it. When I took some pictures of it, it looked like nothing.

I think that I am just going to have to play around with the camera, and see what I come up with. I think that until you get proficient at seeing "abstractions", it is really a hit or miss proposition.

Pho - you'd have more varitety in manipulating photos with your computer. With your camera, you need a nice clear shot. With the computer, you can adjust light and dark, contrast, color saturation and hue, etc.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:38 pm
littlek- Problem is, I just don't have the artistic "eye". What I am attempting to do is train myself to see things in an artistic manner, but that is like teaching a hippo how to tango! Laughing

My husband had a friend who was an artist. He would go abroad, and take slides of his visits. (This was before digital photography). Every picture of his was a gem. He just instinctively knew how to compose a picture artistically.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:42 pm
I think this would be a nice thread to add some abstract photos by famous photographers - Mirage, would you mind, or should I start a new thread?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:43 pm
Mark
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:50 pm
Hmm, or maybe I should start it in the regular art forum to be an adjunct thread to this one, keeping this one for our own photography. Yeh, I think I'll do that - but later, I have to go do some errands soon.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:53 pm
Phoenix - every picture that your friend SHOWED you was a gem - I bet there were some that were awful!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 02:18 pm
I changed my mind.... Does anyone have a working definition of 'abstract hotography'?

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UQDhAoAYp!tzuoNLxz5pk3Lgc32MkusoE8gLVrymFl9C5CsXqHrIac6dlGj6pWa5cRt!!UQrPEp3HQHZraVQqvRMxfxQK7N!ZLwWyseHahizeksvxHYqTHMGTUVJC2ZR/2006_02fellswoodears1.JPG

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VQCdAkcaSHdzuoNLxz5pk*nxeuyNubGGRSbRXEWF!X71WEO2Z4QEQVhpvWj9At8oCZaDwaQ1Yrrym2kzEwW53tJ8jjNgv5dVCzJxQgW0ao0mepQMm1xyzbyBX4DDM0ka/2006_02mosssoldiers2small.JPG

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VAAxA!oZgFdzuoNLxz5pk2z0!Nwc4eQSBeyD4D4SXUTdq0EnuI0V1UkoFwVZIVxKu5bQU2UOelnjphMnSX0kjdVjopt4R7OGGSpDhpNDA3vrw9E8pB0fkIxVO7T5maef/2006_02fellslichenssmall.JPG
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 02:26 pm
By the looks of things one more trip to the real west and Phoenix could covert to a human bean.
0 Replies