Deval Patrick, Politician to watch

littlek

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:03 pm
BIO

This man has gotten lots of hopes up. This thread is to use to watch and follow his move to win the governorship of MA and then, hopefully, beyond!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 793 • Replies: 17
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:29 pm
He sounds wonderful, on that site. I will be interested to know more about him.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 10:01 pm
Never heard of him, thanks for the heads-up!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 10:21 pm
My parents listened to him speak on MLK Jr day. They liked him lots. I don't know much about him, myself. Yet.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 10:32 pm
The first name is worrying as Republicans can just change one alphabet and bingo his career is over.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 09:43 pm
Damn, both deval patrick and barack (hussein) obama have name issues....

MY father is going to be a town rep - going to the MA caucus. He'll be putting a vote in for Deval Patrick. More and more signs are popping up in his support.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:01 pm
Other than Patrick's loan and property issues I haven't really heard anything about him.

I'm tempted to vote for Reilly just to get him out of the AG's office...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:03 pm
interesting tact, fishin.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:07 pm
Surely, nobody cares about the name.

As long as it isn't Shirley.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:11 pm
The Gov. in this state has no real power. The State Senate and House are going to do whatever they want to do. All of the other major office (AG, Treasurer, etc..) are elected positions too so whomever is sitting in the Gov's office doesn't have any control over them either (the same goes for the 13 "Authorities" the state has).

I'm tired of Reilly making up "rules" on his own and then only enforcing the laws and rules that he likes (and even those only when he chooses to). Reilly is a screw up from the get-go and has resisted killing himself thusfar (please do us all a favor!) so... he can do the least amount of damage in the Gov's seat.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 05:54 pm
The MA democratic gubernators had a debate at the kennedy school tonight (just finishing). If anyone is interested, you will be able to find audio at www.wbur.org
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:14 pm
Just watched it live. Reilly is a fool and Patrick doesn't get it done. Gabreilli is the only one of the three that looks like they'd actually do anything and I hate him. ARRGH!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 07:11 pm
I thought Gabrielli sounded waaaay too slick. Like the guy you hire to do your advertisements for you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 08:24 pm
He won the primary!!!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 10:01 pm
Most unfortunate.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 11:50 pm
er..... why?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 11:02 pm
There is something to that name that might drive people away. If there is spelling error or the opponent deliberately mis-spells his name it could could create an uproar. He should use his other name or is he waiting for an accident to happen?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 02:27 pm
Looks like Duval may have lost the votes of Massachusetts fishermen, with his recent comments on the industry and the associated economic problems of fishing off the Massachusetts coast. I can't figure out how or why he thinks the way he does about men & women who fish for a living.
0 Replies